The Education Forum

Does Lifton's Best Evidence indicate that the coverup and the crime were committed by the same people?

2 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

I used to know a CIA officer in La Jolla who had been John Paul Vann's right hand man in IV Corps and who allegedly had a lot of blood on his hands from his participating in / running of Op Phoenix in the delta area.  Lt. Col. Verner R. Carlson (R.I.P.)   Interestingly, after he "retired" he taught military history at the University of Arizona in Morales' and Bonnano's neck of the woods.

edited and bumped until Chris gets back with more Comarade Kostin info

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

I used to know a CIA officer in La Jolla who had been John Paul Vann's right hand man in IV Corps and who allegedly had a lot of blood on his hands from his participating in / running of Op Phoenix in the delta area.  Lt. Col. Verner R. Carlson (R.I.P.) 

John Paul Vann:

http://www.pulitzer.org/winners/neil-sheehan

<quote on, emphasis added>

Yet his victory at Kontum—encompassing up to 40,000 North Vietnamese casualties—was largely predicated not on guerilla finesse or a mature ARVN but rather on the banality of conventional American-led B-52 strikes. And he was only forced to take control of military operations after his South Vietnamese counterpart (alleged drug trafficker Ngô Du) suffered a nervous breakdown amid the incursion.

<quote off>

Probably more like he was a narcotics middleman who was told to take a powder, Ngo Du.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

1 hour ago, Cliff Varnell said:

With Paul Helliwell, David Morales, Ed Lansdale and Lucien Conein.

Really? No William Harvey, Allen Dulles, Angleton?

1 hour ago, Cliff Varnell said:

John Paul Vann:

http://www.pulitzer.org/winners/neil-sheehan

<quote on, emphasis added>

Yet his victory at Kontum—encompassing up to 40,000 North Vietnamese casualties—was largely predicated not on guerilla finesse or a mature ARVN but rather on the banality of conventional American-led B-52 strikes. And he was only forced to take control of military operations after his South Vietnamese counterpart (alleged drug trafficker Ngô Du) suffered a nervous breakdown amid the incursion.

<quote off>

Probably more like he was a narcotics middleman who was told to take a powder, Ngo Du.

So?

--Tommy :sun

3 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Eliminating the middleman is the eternal dynamic of the drug trade.

Batista and his gov't were major league narcotics middlemen, for instance.

Was Trafficante collaborating with Castro in that regard in 1963?

2 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

Was Trafficante collaborating with Castro in that regard in 1963?

Trafficante goes on the tackboard with Meyer Lanksy and Sam Giancana and especially Johnny Roseili.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

Just now, Thomas Graves said:

"Narcotics middlemen"

Hmmm

I thought were talking about John Paul Vann.

His So Viet counterpart was an alleged drug trafficker.

Bit of a co-incidence that heroin was flown out of Laos by Phoenix personnel?

4 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

His So Viet counterpart was an alleged drug trafficker.

Bit of a co-incidence that heroin was flown out of Laos by Phoenix personnel?

Gosh, I think I finally see your point.

Was Siragusa QJ/WIN ?

3 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

Gosh, I think I finally see your point.

Was Siragusa QJ/WIN ?

The Strength of the Wolf - Douglas Valentine......from Chapter 15. The Magic Button

<quote on>

Harvey considered nine candidates for the QJ/WIN position, though in the documents the CIA released to the public it deleted the names of eight, as well as the name of the CIA station chief who recommended them. The anonymous station chief said very little about each candidate. Candidate One thought the matter was being handled by the FBN! Two was fully informed and had identified a possible assassin. Four was an American in Rome, experienced with criminals , and may have been Jack Cusack, Hank Manfredi, or Paul Knight. Five was in Milan, which “offered good possibilities.” Six was an multilingual bar owner in Florence, acquainted with Belgium’s criminal milieu, and thus suitable for work in the Congo, where the CIA was planning on assassinating Premiere Patrice Lumumba. Seven had introduced Jack Cusack to two expert safecrackers on 19 July 1960 in Barcelona. Eight was a Russian living in Antwerp, and was reachable through the Army CID in Frankfurt. Nine was a Frenchman involved in the commercial film industry.

And three was Charles Siragusa. The station chief who proposed the list to Harvey described Siragusa as a “source on Corsicans and Sicilians,” and suggested that Harvey “query him whether District 2 [New York] has any West Indian colored contacts usable for our purposes.” 11

Harvey was so dependent on the FBN and its underworld contacts that he scribbled the words “the Magic Button” beside a reference to the Bureau in his notes. But the need to exclude Mafiosi and Americans from the operation prevailed, and another individual was selected in November 1960— although, even then, Harvey wondered, “How much does Siragusa know?”

<quote off>

A number of Federal Bureau of Narcotics agents worked on the CIA Technical Services Staff's elite death squad MKNAOMI, according to Hank Albarelli.

10 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

The Strength of the Wolf - Douglas Valentine......from Chapter 15. The Magic Button

<quote on>

Harvey considered nine candidates for the QJ/WIN position, though in the documents the CIA released to the public it deleted the names of eight, as well as the name of the CIA station chief who recommended them. The anonymous station chief said very little about each candidate. Candidate One thought the matter was being handled by the FBN! Two was fully informed and had identified a possible assassin. Four was an American in Rome, experienced with criminals , and may have been Jack Cusack, Hank Manfredi, or Paul Knight. Five was in Milan, which “offered good possibilities.” Six was an multilingual bar owner in Florence, acquainted with Belgium’s criminal milieu, and thus suitable for work in the Congo, where the CIA was planning on assassinating Premiere Patrice Lumumba. Seven had introduced Jack Cusack to two expert safecrackers on 19 July 1960 in Barcelona. Eight was a Russian living in Antwerp, and was reachable through the Army CID in Frankfurt. Nine was a Frenchman involved in the commercial film industry.

And three was Charles Siragusa. The station chief who proposed the list to Harvey described Siragusa as a “source on Corsicans and Sicilians,” and suggested that Harvey “query him whether District 2 [New York] has any West Indian colored contacts usable for our purposes.” 11

Harvey was so dependent on the FBN and its underworld contacts that he scribbled the words “the Magic Button” beside a reference to the Bureau in his notes. But the need to exclude Mafiosi and Americans from the operation prevailed, and another individual was selected in November 1960— although, even then, Harvey wondered, “How much does Siragusa know?”

<quote off>

A number of Federal Bureau of Narcotics agents worked on the CIA Technical Services Staff's elite death squad MKNAOMI, according to Hank Albarelli.

Dear Cliff,

Please tell me something I don't already know.

--  Tommy :sun