The Education Forum

The Diary of Lee Harvey Oswald

One thing jumped out at me from this "Diary":

And one thing in response to the Thread itself:

The date of October 28th has bothered me. Something is going on here, but I don't know what.

"Oct. 28(con.) Rima notifies me that pass & registration office wishes to see me about my future. Later Rima and car pick me up and we enter the offices to find four officials waiting for me (all unknown to me)…. What papers do you have to show who and what you are? I give them my discharge papers from the Marine Corps."

He doesn’t use his passport. He doesn’t use his birth certificate, which according to Marguerite, he supposedly had with him.

The Marine discharge papers don’t prove anything.

Why is he carrying his Marine Discharge papers around with him, and why is he using them to prove he is who he says he is?

In the Thread, people have said that Lee Harvey Oswald never applied for Soviet Citizenship. If that is the case, then whose application for citizenship did the Soviets deny?

The Soviets rejected the Soviet citizenship application of Harvey Lee Oswald.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=7986&search=%22Harvey_Lee+Oswald%22#relPageId=111&tab=page

The Soviets did not provide:

a) the actual paper application

b) any denial written and dated, to Oswald, denying his application.

If it wasn't Lee Harvey Oswald's application, then whose was it?

It's a conundrum.

Steve Thomas

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a letter from John McVickar [who was in the State Dept Moscow field office late '50s] He wrote that "it seemed [to him] a possibility that Oswald was following a pattern of behavior in which he had been tutored by person or persons unknown"

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=7986&search=%2525252525252522Harvey_Lee%2525252525252BOswald%2525252525252522#relPageId=115

• 3 weeks later...