The Education Forum

L. Fletcher Prouty

Jim Root

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I first began this thread over six years ago. Since that time I have covered a lot of research ground and believe that Prouty is a guy who may have shot from the hip a little to much which caused his aim to be off at times. On the other hand I do believe that he was positioned to know some information about the way that things were supposed to have been done in Dallas and was knowledgable enough to know that something had gone wrong. Even more I might suggest that while he could not quite pinpoint exactly what went wrong Prouty may have allowed his speculations to become sure facts within his own mind which has created some problems.

That being said a reread of my original post had a few sentences pop out that I can appreciate and support my own speculations:

Prouty

"While clarifying that record, I should make it clear, that had I been in the Pentagon at the time the assignments for Presidential Protection for Kennedy's trip to Dallas were being made, I might very well have been called...as an available and experienced senior officer...when the Commander of the Army unit that ought to have been assigned that task was told his unit was not needed in Dallas on Nov 22, 1963.

"As a matter of fact, I was called later after my return from Antarctica by an officer there who knew me, because he and his boss were extremely up-set by that call that told them not to go to Dallas. This was quite irregular

Of course my speculation is that General Maxwell Taylor was one of two major players in the assassination and, if true, could explain Prouty's statement very easily.

Jim Root

Jim,

That's very interesting, indeed. Perhaps artistic license, perhaps based on truth, but Stone also has the Garrison character say (Kevin Costner) that "...all it takes is someone on the inside. Just one traitor is all it took. Ever read your Shakespeare, Bill? Julius Caesar?" [paraphrased]

Maxwell Taylor is certainly someone that BOTH brothers, JFK and RFK, would NEVER have even seen coming at them...never. If your supposition is true, it would explain a lot.

Of course my speculation is that General Maxwell Taylor was one of two major players in the assassination and, if true, could explain Prouty's statement very easily.

I think it would also explain why Taylor twice became emotionally overcome when the subject of the assassination arose in conversation, years after the event.

I first began this thread over six years ago. Since that time I have covered a lot of research ground and believe that Prouty is a guy who may have shot from the hip a little to much which caused his aim to be off at times. On the other hand I do believe that he was positioned to know some information about the way that things were supposed to have been done in Dallas and was knowledgable enough to know that something had gone wrong. Even more I might suggest that while he could not quite pinpoint exactly what went wrong Prouty may have allowed his speculations to become sure facts within his own mind which has created some problems. ...

Let me ask this question since you've done so much work along these lines, Jim: has anyone ever substantiated that Fletch Prouty actually did what he said he did? For work, that is?

Ron you and others may be interested in reading this....

Motorcades.....SS Principals of Protection of the President and Other Dignitaries..... 17...Sewers and other passage under streets should be inspected and sealed prior to a publicized parade.... http://www.maryferre...bsPageId=364761

b.

Edited by Bernice Moore

I think it would also explain why Taylor twice became emotionally overcome when the subject of the assassination arose in conversation, years after the event.

Ron

Yes Ron, I would agree after having read those accounts as well. Have you ever read Taylor's graduation speech to the cadets at West Point, June 1963? It is interesting as well when cast in the light of later events.... especially knowing that he was engaged in a disagreement with Kennedy over the Limited Test Ban Treaty of 1963.

Jim root

I first began this thread over six years ago. Since that time I have covered a lot of research ground and believe that Prouty is a guy who may have shot from the hip a little to much which caused his aim to be off at times. On the other hand I do believe that he was positioned to know some information about the way that things were supposed to have been done in Dallas and was knowledgable enough to know that something had gone wrong. Even more I might suggest that while he could not quite pinpoint exactly what went wrong Prouty may have allowed his speculations to become sure facts within his own mind which has created some problems. ...

Let me ask this question since you've done so much work along these lines, Jim: has anyone ever substantiated that Fletch Prouty actually did what he said he did? For work, that is?

Duke

While I have read some criticism of Fletcher's statements that seem to contain historical mistakes, I have never read that he was a crank pretending to be someone that he was not. While it is not unusual to find many people in the relm of Kennedy assassination researchers, posters, whitnesses, sorcerers, etc. that have been called or uncovered as fakes, Proudy's military career has never been questioned. This does not mean that everything he said about it would be true but military records are not that difficult to uncover, especially after a career officier has died. Their service is supposed to be public record.... and it seems that many people would have wanted to discredit Prouty in this very public way but it does not seem that anyone has.

If you take his military career at face value it begins at a very interesting time and Prouty is associated with a very interesting group training for a very specific mission.....many of the men that were involved with this particular deception find their way into my background research.

Jim Root

Jim Root

Greg

You said, "Maxwell Taylor is certainly someone that BOTH brothers, JFK and RFK, would NEVER have even seen coming at them...never. If your supposition is true, it would explain a lot."

Taylor was a very close to John J. McCloy and I believe that I can piece together a logical sequence of events that would allow these two men to pull off the assassination of JFK. By the way if you have read many of my older posts you can find where Edwin Walker fits in with both McCloy and Taylor as well as a man named John Hurt.

Jim Root

Edited by Jim Root

Jim,

I mentioned to Fletcher that, in my opinion, it wouldn't be surprising if Maxwell Taylor resented JFK's having snubbed him and SECDEF McNamara by having others (namely, Krulak and Prouty) write

the actual "report" that bore their name: The McNamara-Taylor Report. It seems that McNamara, being a civilian and "new" to the military, would tolerate such a thing much better than would an Old

Horse, seasoned, veteran, Military "macho" Man like Taylor. Fletcher agreed. Of course, such a thing would not be enough to constitute sufficient motive for Taylor to participate in the plot. However,

it may have well served to be the "final straw" needed to get him on-board. Up until then, he might have believed that he could out maneuver and/or manipulate the president into being more cooperative

regarding Vietnam. I would think that any illusions he had maintained to that effect were virtually shattered by JFK's pulling an "end around" his top brass and "writing" their report for them, which actually

recommended the complete withdrawal of all US Personnel by the end of 1965, resulting in NSAM 263. There should be no question in 2011 that this was a MILITARY OPERATION, primarily, with support

from various intelligence agencies that are beyond military (DIA, ONI, etc) ... including CIA and even FBI personnel.

Duke,

Are you really suggesting that Fletcher "made it all up" -- or made up a substantial portion of it? Seriously? You should contact Oliver Stone who vetted him prior to

relying on his information for the character of "X" in the movie, JFK.