The Education Forum

Palamara's New Book

Joe Green reviews Vince Palamara's new book on the Secret Service for Kennedysandking.com

https://kennedysandking.com/reviews/vincent-palamara-the-not-so-secret-service

Just more good stuff from and about V.P.

Whenever you see the interviews of Clint Hill with his "co-writer" sitting next to him you know that the entire format is extremely controlled.  

I wouldn't doubt that before he signs to speak anywhere, the sponsors are provided a list of "appropriate" questions and "inappropriate" ones.  Also, I notice that Hill seems coached and one aspect of this is how he purposely eats up much interview time going into time consuming details about subjects that are not that important.

The interviews seem so controlled they are hard to watch from a perspective of research knowledge beyond the neophyte.

Could you imagine a hard cross examination of both Hill and Blaine by someone who knows perhaps even more than they do about the JFK protection protocol and their history of his protection?

McCubbin seems suspiciously odd to me. And now that I know her background as related in Joseph Green's review, I wonder if she isn't or hasn't been connected in some way to some intel agency.

I also believe Hill fell in love with Jackie Kennedy while accompanying her so closely right in the most physically attractive times of their lives. I think one of the reasons Hill went into the depths of depression for years was strongly because of his feeling of loss in this regards. I think his ability to recall so many emotionally touching details ( all praising Jackie Kennedy fondly)  about his closer than most employer/employee relationships with her reflects his deeper feelings.

Edited by Joe Bauer

So many books, not just on JFK-RFK-MLK I'd like to have time to read, properly and not just skim, videos to watch.  Just started finally on JFK and Vietnam.  Survivors Guilt floored me.  I'd think this would only supplement it.  Survivors Guilt left me suspicious.  That Mr. Palamara  may have hinted at but left unsaid...  That, one of the top two, three (?) SSA's in Dallas knew in advance that at least a security "test" was to happen that day.  That they may have participated in the test at the time it happened, others unwittingly.  That a high level SSA or two back in Washington may have had knowledge of the test, and participated.  Approved by who?  That some, knowingly, in advance, compromised the security of the President.  Why a test in rabid right wing Dallas of all places? 

Edited by Ron Bulman

Thanks, Joe and Ron- you two would love my latest book: it strengthens my first one greatly and adds more fuel to the fire about Blaine, Hill and McCubbin.

Rereading parts of Survivors Guilt.  SSA Kellerman  in the front seat,  irregardless of his of his lack of an attempt to protect JFK was up front with the Warren Omission.  "Flurry of shells"' is well quoted, "There have got to be more than three shots, gentlemen" was not.  He told them straight up, from the hot seat.  They didn't investigate, they ignored it.   

Edited by Ron Bulman