The Education Forum

The Paine Files

13 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Or they would have leant credence to the idea that Oswald was part of an intelligence operation.

I am sceptical that there would be anything in those files that was not meant to be, or planned to be in those files. If Oswald was a witting intelligence operative, even he would not have kept that stuff around, unsecured.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Michael Clark said:

unsecured.

Was the Paine garage secure? I think not, in fact, in a "real" trial a real defense lawyer could make a good argument that all evidence located there should have been tossed.

If Oswald was supposed to be a communist, then it would make sense for him to have pro Castro names in the file boxes.  But from New Orleans.

But the Paines were not supposed to be doing that kind of thing, at least there was no record of it, in Dallas.  

According to Ruth Paine's WC testimony I read a couple of day's ago Oswald told her he hitchhiked from New Orleans to Dallas.  If he was telling her the truth he didn't bring 6 or 7 small metal hand held file cabinets with him.  If anyone would have asked her at the time if she did when she brought Marina I'm guessing she would have said no and still would.  Somewhere in her testimony I read in the last month that she was questioned about the file cabinets.  Now I can't find it.  It is rather long.  I re read the second day three or four days ago and did different combinations of word searches on google as well as a couple on Mary Ferrell (3X limit per visit if your not a member).  What I remember was her being led, words to the effect of "so there were certainly no six or seven...", at this point they stopped and went off the record.  When they came back they changed the subject.  Does anyone know of a link to her full testimony, both in Washington and Irving? 

Wasn't she also deposed in Dallas?

It might be then that all her testimony wouldn't  be in one place.

Edited by James DiEugenio

The testimony of Ruth Hyde Paine was taken at 9:15 a.m., on March 21, 1964, at 200 Maryland Avenue NE., Washington, D.C., by Messrs. Albert E. Jenner, Jr., and Norman Redlich, assistant counsels of the President's Commission.

Mr. JENNER - Let the record show that this is a continuation by deposition pursuant to leave granted by the Commission of Mrs. Paine's testimony before the Commission which we had concluded late in the day yesterday. 

--------------------------------------

Mr. JENNER - Now, I have, which I will mark only for identification, three file cases of correspondence of your themes or writings in college. You might be better able to describe what is in these boxes than I in the way of general summary. Would you do so?

Mrs. PAINE - It also includes information helpful to me in recreation leadership, games, something of songs. It includes a list of the people to whom I sent birth announcements, things of that nature.

Mr. JENNER - It covers a span of years going back to your college days? 

Mrs. PAINE - And a few papers prior to college.

Mr. JENNER - I have marked these boxes for identification numbers 457, 458, and 459. During my meeting with you Wednesday morning, I exhibited the contents of those boxes to you, and are the materials in the boxes other than material which is printed or is obviously from some other source that which purports to be in your handwriting, actually in your handwriting?

Mrs. PAINE - Yes.

Mr. JENNER - And those pieces of correspondence which purport to be letters from your mother, your father, your brother, and your sister are likewise the originals of those letters?

Mrs. PAINE - Yes.

Mr. JENNER - And the copies of letters which purport to be letters from you to your mother, father, sister, and brother, and in some instances others are copies of letters that you dispatched?

Mrs. PAINE - That is right.

(Discussion off the record.)

Mr. JENNER - Back on the record, please.We asked you yesterday if you loaned any money to Marina or to Lee Oswald, and your answer was in the negative.

Mrs. PAINE - That is right.

Mr. JENNER - We asked you if you had given any money to either of them, and your answer was in the negative, that is, cash.

Edited by Michael Clark

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

Was the "second" part not done at the house in Irving?  

Ruth Paine's WC testimony is as follows:

March 21st at 9:15 and 2:25 in Washington, DC before Asst. Counsels Redlich and Jenner

March 23rd at 7:30 PM in Irving, Texas before Asst. Counsel Jenner, SS Agent John Joe Howlett and Warren Commission transcriptionist.

March 29th at 2:20 PM in Washington, DC before the commission.

March 30th at 9:05 AM in Washington, DC before the commission.

That testimony above is almost funny.

Buddy Walthers' report got waylaid.

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 2:02 AM, Chris Newton said:

Ruth Paine's WC testimony is as follows:

March 21st at 9:15 and 2:25 in Washington, DC before Asst. Counsels Redlich and Jenner

March 23rd at 7:30 PM in Irving, Texas before Asst. Counsel Jenner, SS Agent John Joe Howlett and Warren Commission transcriptionist.

March 29th at 2:20 PM in Washington, DC before the commission.

March 30th at 9:05 AM in Washington, DC before the commission.

Thank you Chris, when put up against McAdams Link that Michael Clark provided the "it" gets even deeper. JMc's link to Ruth provides 5 parts, an affidavit, and the Shaw trial testimony.  Something more than high topped boots, hip waders or those of the chest variety may be needed given the line of some of the questioning as I read deeper.

1,  It starts with no date at 2:20, the 29th in Washington?

2,  No date 2:05. ?

3,  9:15, 3/21, we have a match.

4,  Just titled "Resumed", no time or date,  the only date they had a second session was the first, on the 21st, then?

5,  JULY 23rd in Dallas, at the Post Office Building (across Dealy Plaza from the TSBD?) done by Liebler.  Ruth and Marina questioned At The Same Time by him.

(6)  Jump back a month.  Affidavit on June 24.  (Just, weird in the progression of events, it and contents of it). 

(7)  Shaw trial testimony.

So on Saturday, 3/21/64 they worked all day questioning Ruth in 2 sessions.

They flew to Dallas on the 22nd or 23rd, went to Irving on Monday the 23rd and Jenner questioned them at the house.  Either before or after Liebeler questions Ruth and Marina together at the Post Office or it's annex in Dealy Plaza. 

The 29th was a Sunday.  Nothing there about the Monday 9:05 testimony.  Were they working overtime on Saturday's and Sundays or was it a weekend project? 

Edited by Ron Bulman

2 hours ago, Michael Clark said:

My Mcadams WC PDF's are fractured. There has to be a better source.

Not your fault Mc Adams as a source is fractured, he was groomed from Harvard on as a part of Mockingbird.  Just my cynical opinion.

Edited by Ron Bulman

Now this turns up.  The first thing Jenner says is "this is a continuation...of Mrs. Paine's testimony...we had concluded late in the day yesterday".  This was on Saturday the 21st.  So she testified on Friday the 20th too?

https://www.jfk-assassination.com/warren/wch/vol9/page331.php

Yes, she did, and IT was a resumption of testimony on the day before that per Senator Cooper's opening statement!

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh3/pdf/WH3_RuthPaine_2nd.pdf

Edited by Ron Bulman