The Education Forum

Who financed the JFK hit?

If there was a conspiracy to assassinate John F. Kennedy, I have been mulling over the question lately as to who paid for it. There would have been a lot of things to finance: the weapons, the assassins, food, lodging, transportation, fake id's, fake passports, etc. It seems like it is not enough to just say that JFK's assassination was a classic military-style ambush with triangulation of fire. The assassination attempt against Charles DeGaulle at Petit-Clamart in 1962 involved military people too, and look at how amateurish that was with people blasting away with tommy submachine guns to no avail.

JFK researchers spend a lot of time talking about the trajectory of shots, and film alteration, and who had the most compelling motive, but I don't see much of how the hit was paid for. There's the old adage of “follow the money”, but in this case I don't think you are going to find a lot of cancelled checks lying around. You have to kind of reverse engineer the whole question, and ask, who had that kind of money to spend.

For what it's woth, I'll toss this out:

My money (if you'll excuse the pun) is on those people interested in exploiting the natural resources (particularly oil and natural gas) of the Central Asian land mass that forms the bridge between the Middle East and China; more colloquially known as Eurasia. I have read three things lately that are shaping my thinking right now:

1)

Peter Dale Scott COPA Conference 11/24/2010

http://archive.politicalassassinations.net/2010/11/peter-dale-scott-the-jfk-assassination-as-an-engineered-provocation-deception-plot/

(Jack) Crichton, an oil engineer and corporation executive, also doubled as a member of the Dallas overworld. Although his 488th intelligence unit consisted almost 50 percent of Dallas policemen, Crichton also used it as a venue in the late 1950s to conduct “a study of Soviet oil fields;” and in the 1990s Crichton would himself explore the oil and gas reserves in the former Soviet Union. Also interested in Soviet oil reserves at this time were Ilya Mamantov’s employers and personal friends, the wealthy Pew family in Dallas who were owners of Sunoco. By 2009 the second largest source of crude for Sunoco (after Western Africa) was Central Asia, supplying 86,000 barrels of crude a day.”

2)

https://www.corbettreport.com/episode-298-gladio-b-and-the-battle-for-eurasia/

“But more important even than its location and strategic value are the region’s vast, largely untapped resources. The oil and gas fields of the Caspian Sea region are particularly sought after, containing the third-largest reserves of any fields on the planet. Azerbaijan in the Caucasus and Kazakhstan in Central Asia both have direct access to Caspian Sea oil, with Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan providing ample gas reserves. The dream of a Trans-Caspian pipeline has been in the works for years now to transport Central Asian reserves across to the Southern Caucasus and the so-called “BTC” pipeline funneling the energy through Azerbaijan and Georgia to Turkey has been equally prized as a way for Europe to find an alternative to Russia’s increasingly-threatening stranglehold over energy known as Gazprom. The region also contains strategically important deposits of uranium as well as industrially useful minerals including copper, manganese, turngsten and zinc.

As one example of this interest, I present to you the U.S.-Azerbaijan Chamber of Commerce, an organization that sounds about as important to global geopolitics as the Groningen Chamber of Commerce. But look at its list of current and former advisors, chairmen and directors: former Vice President Dick Cheney, Bush family advisor James Baker III and his son James Baker IV, Henry Kissinger, Brent Scowcroft, Richard Armitage and, of course, former National Security Advisor and perennial Washington insider Zbigniew Brzezinski. This Chamber of Commerce boasts some of the most influential figures in US foreign policy in the past half century amongst its ranks. What is it they see that the general public doesn’t?

In 1904 the Geographical Journal published an article that articulated the reason that these great powers were engaged in the struggle for this piece of the globe.

The article was called “The Geographical Pivot of History” and was written by Sir Halford John Mackinder PC, the Director of the London School of Economics...

The Geographical Pivot of History” is the document that is often said to be the founding document of geopolitics and constitutes the first formulation of what would come to be called the “Heartland Theory.”

“Who rules East Europe commands the Heartland;

Who rules the Heartland commands the World-Island;

Who rules the World-Island commands the World.”

Looking at the map of what Mackinder had in mind for the Heartland it’s apparent that the “heart” of this Heartland is indeed the Central Asia-Caucasus region.”

3)

https://theintercept.com/2017/07/22/donald-trump-and-the-coming-fall-of-american-empire/

In the Shadows of the American Century: The Rise and Decline of US Global Power PaperbackSeptember 15, 2017

by Alfred W. MCCoy (Author)

“One of the key things that I think very few people understand, after World War II, the United States became the first world power, the first empire in a 1000 years to control both ends of the vast Eurasian continent. Now Eurasia, that enormous landmass, is the epicenter of world power. It’s got the resources, the people, the civilizations that—you’ve got to control that to control the world. And the United States, through the NATO alliance in Western Europe and a string of alliances along the Pacific littoral with Japan, South Korea, the Philippines and Australia, controlled the axial ends of the Eurasian landmass.”

By the end of the Cold War we have about 800 overseas military bases.

Most of those were arrayed around the Eurasian landmass.”

I would encourage everyone to read numbers 2 and 3. They were a real eye opener for me anyway.

I think JFK was killed because he believed in self determination, and allowing smaller nation states to have control over their own natural resources. The powers that be couldn't allow that.

Steve Thomas

Steve, you need to read Brzezinski's book The Grand Chessboard: American Primacy and its Geostrategic Imperatives. He argues that the U.S. has to control the grand chessboard, which is the Eurasian landmass.

It would be hard for me to not believe that some of the contributions came from Carlos Marcello & Santos Trafficante

Maybe even throw in a tad bit of Sam Giancana.

Edited by Michael Crane
Spelling

Well, if it was basically a military coup, doesn't the Pentagon have a nice slush fund for special ops or other necessities? If so, the assassination financially would be a drop in the bucket.

1 hour ago, Ron Ecker said:

Steve, you need to read Brzezinski's book The Grand Chessboard: American Primacy and its Geostrategic Imperatives. He argues that the U.S. has to control the grand chessboard, which is the Eurasian landmass.

Ron,

Thank you. I've brushed up against Brzezinski's book, but haven't read it yet. Central Asia is the Grand Chessboard; or the "Great Game" as it was called once upon a time.

My gut is telling me...

Steve Thomas 

22 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

I think the financing came from Texas, possibly the same guys that funded Operation 40

Paul,

Here are just some random notes that I've taken:

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/raigorod.htm

Mr. RAIGORODSKY. Then, I lived in Houston until about 1949 or 1950 and I got sick with my back. You know, I have a very bad back. They wanted to operate on me there but Jake Hamon here, a friend of mine, told me that he wouldn't speak to me unless I come to Dallas, so believe or not, they brought me to Dallas.

Mr. RAIGORODSKY. Well, let's say that I met George De Mohrenschildt in Dallas, I'll say 15 or 17 years ago, somewhere in that neighborhood.

Mr. JENNER. Had you heard of him prior to that time?

Mr. RAIGORODSKY. Yes; I heard of him through Jake Hamon.

Mr. JENNER. Through Mr. Hamon?

Mr. RAIGORODSKY. Hamon, H-a-m-o-n [spelling]--Jake

.Mr. JENNER. Who is he?

Mr. RAIGORODSKY. He is an oilman friend of mine here, quite well known, and he told me there was a Russian here do I know him, and I said, "No; I hadn't heard about him." That's how I met him--at a party.

Mr. JENNER. You are talking about George De Mohrenschildt?

Mr. RAIGORODSKY. Yes.

Mr. RAIGORODSKY. He was a consultant to the Yugoslavian Government. In fact, he was sent to Yugoslavian Government with the blessing of our Government, maybe---I don't know under what protocol that we were helping the Yugoslavians, and he went over there but peculiarly, in order to receive the appointment he had to have recommendations of some man known in the industry, and he didn't come to me---I can say this--I don't brag, but if he came to me that would have meant something to him because I was with the Government on a couple or two or three times, but instead of that he goes to Jake Hamon, a close friend of mine, and asked him for a recommendation on that job. Jake said he would not give him a recommendation unless he consults me. That surprised me that he wouldn't ask me right off the bat, but he went around about way. What could I do? Of course I said, technically on the job he is perfectly all right, I mean, he is a good engineer--good petroleum engineer.

Mr. RAIGORODSKY. George has been friends with many, many influential people in many cities.

Mr. DAVIS. In all of them, I imagine.

Mr. RAIGORODSKY. Yes.

Mr. JENNER. Is he a namedropper--is he a man who seeks to be friends of important people?

Mr. RAIGORODSKY. No--he was my friend, I was his friend--he was Jake Hamon's friend and Jake Hamon was his friend.

Between Two Worlds, by Peter Applebome.

https://books.google.com/books?id=SCsEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA107&lpg=PA107&dq="Jake+Hamon"&source=bl&ots=92o5DJpss6&sig=CaLj2-EcG8m_-3jlFldJrvMm3FQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj5uaPxrprUAhWZ2YMKHQzSCOkQ6AEIWzAN#v=onepage&q=%22Jake%20Hamon%22&f=false

pp. 106+

Jake L. (Louis) Hamon, multi-millionaire. Worth 200 million. Gin rummy partner of H.L. Hunt. A director of American Petroleum Institute. Youngest man ever to have served s its Chairman. (p. 107).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jake_L._Hamon,_Jr.

Jake L. (Louis) Hamon was a personal friend of former US President George H.W. Bush.[4] Hamon and his wife visited the Bushes in China when Bush served as Envoy to China in March 1975.[4]

Bush, George W. (2014). 41: A Portrait of My Father. London: Ebury Publishing. p. 114. ISBN 9780553447781. OCLC 883645289

Hamon died in 1985 while he was on vacation in Amsterdam

Senate Select Committee on Presidential Campaign Activities Book 22 p. 10333.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=145153&relPageId=145&search=Hamon

Jake Hamon of 4738 Shadywood Lane, Dallas, TX appears in Rosemary Woods list of Nixon's 1972 contributors for $25,000.

(Howard Hughes appears for $16,666.66 *smile*)

March 5, 1964 FBI Interview of Jake Hamon, 500 Vaughn Building. Interview conducted by SA Richard L. Wiehl CD 555. p. 43.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10954&relPageId=44&search=Hamon

First met George DeMohrenschildt in 1847 in Rangely, CO.

Said DeMohrenschildt was an inferior geologist.

Said Demohrenschildt's closest associate was Paul Raigorodsky.

Hamon said that DeMohrenschildt was a “good looking nothing”, and that if he could take him or leave him, he would leave him”.

DEEP POLITICSDOCTOBER 24, 2013 RUSS BAKER

BUSH AND THE JFK HIT, PART 6: THE COLD WAR COMES TO DALLAS

https://whowhatwhy.org/2013/10/24/bush-and-the-jfk-hit-part-6-the-cold-war-comes-to-dallas/

(Jack) Crichton, who had been hired soon after leaving the military in 1946 by oil industry wunderkind Everett (Lee) DeGolyer, quickly became a go-to guy for numerous powerful interests seeking a foothold in the energy arena.

In a 2001 oral history, Crichton volunteered that he was a friend of George de Mohrenschildt’s: “I liked George. He was a nice guy.””

See vol 9 of the WC Hearings – the testimony of Paul M. Raigorodsky.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/raigorod.htm

Mr. RAIGORODSKY. “I was asked to come to Washington to organize the Department of Natural Gas and Natural Gasoline Industries for the United States, which I did, and then I had to open--I worked under DeGolyer.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everette_Lee_DeGolyer

During World War II, Everette Lee DeGolyer served as director of conservation with the Office of the Coordinator for National Defense from 1941 to 1942. He was assistant deputy of the Petroleum Administration for War in 1942-43, and was in charge of the Petroleum Reserves Corporation mission to the Middle East in 1943-44 He was president of the American Institute of Mining and Metallurgical Engineers in 1927, and was a director of the American Petroleum Institute for twenty years. In 1946, working on behalf of the Office of Strategic Services, the forerunner to the Central Intelligence Agency, DeGolyer recruited Jack Crichton of Dallas, to operate a group of companies which frequently were given new names, presumably to make it more difficult to trace their operations. Crichton became a prominent oil and gas industrialist...”

Steve Thomas

22 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

I think the financing came from Texas, possibly the same guys that funded Operation 40

I tend to think Brown & Root/Halliburton, Big Texas Oil. Some other energy/defense interests. They were certainly big supporters of LBJ. Those entities and LBJ certainly had an interest in Kennedy being removed.

Edited by Roger DeLaria

Don't forget bribery of officials.  There had to be some of that, because you can't threaten everybody and promise everything, and not everybody looks the other way for free.

From all accounts , there had to be cash floating from a number of interests (Teamsters, Mob, Cubans, right-wingers, maybe JBS, etc.) who each thought they were financing something at ground level.  But any large-sum bribery, and also any Defense operations funding, had to come from black sources, governmental or corporate.

Edited by David Andrews

• 2 months later...

Echoes from the past.

https://www.alternet.org/human-rights/profiting-americas-longest-war-trump-seeks-exploit-mineral-wealth-afghanistan

" Afghanistan’s deposits of iron, copper, zinc, gold, silver, lithium and other rare-earth metals are estimated to be worth roughly $1 trillion, a price tag which has intrigued the business mogul-turned-President Trump. "

Steve Thomas

Certainly the Central Asian link was prominent back then. Earlier there was the Anglo Russian invasion of Iran in 1941 with the thought of securing their oil fields before Hitler did. i think the crown jewel and long prized assets of that area were the Baku fields in Azerbaijan, that you've mentioned that Cheney Baker and Bushes are now  involved in. But of course, Central Asia if you don't include Iraq and Iran were controlled by the Soviets back in the 60's.

It's a great question Steve. But a very speculative and tough one. If you assume the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. You might think of a link to Texas oil men, but it really doesn't involve that much money that a government or any number of private groups could have invested, either separately or jointly.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway