Jump to content
The Education Forum

National Archives release first batch of 2017 JFK documents


Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, John Kozlowski said:

I agree with everything you wrote but after reading David’s piece at K&K if there was a women with Oswald in Jackson who could it have been? Parts of her story I want to believe and I did for a while after I seen her on TMWKK but there is no real evidence to back it up. Just another well read story teller like James Files it seems to me.

We have the same type of problem as the alternate Oswalds travel thru southern Texas......

Couple important points:   Audrey would not be born until Oct 20th...  Marina was 37 weeks pregnant... (and surprisingly we NEVER see a pregnant Marina in a single photo) and even Ozzie wouldn't drag a woman like that around TX.... Ozzie didn't drive....  didn't have a license....  Marina DID speak English very well... and then there is the old saying...

Never believe anything unless the government denies it.

* . . . It was inconceivable to us that someone would have been impersonating Oswald -- for what purpose, you see?*   :pop

-- CIA's *John Scelso* (John Whitten) to Michael Goldsmith of the HSCA

 

Among the myriad of Oswald sighting reports which do not fit in with the official timeline handed down by the Warren Commission is one which actually hit the Associated Press wire on November 28, 1963. Just days after being interviewed by the FBI, a radio station manager in Alice, Texas, told the AP that Oswald on the afternoon of Friday, October 4, had driven up to the station in a battered 1953 model car to inquire about a job. It also turns out that our job seeker had appeared at the station the previous evening, on Thursday, October 3, at about 6 p.m., and was told he needed to return the next day to speak to the manager. (1) Upon returning on Friday, Oswald was said to have left a woman and a two-year old girl in the car and refused an offer to bring them inside the station with the explanation that, *She doesn't speak any English.*

Remembering that the boys at the Alice radio station sent their Oswald north on Highway 281 toward Pleasanton, we next find that the owner of radio station KBOP in Pleasanton, Dr. Ben Parker, recalled that sometime in the afternoon one day in early October, a man whose name he could not recall came in and said that he was driving through Pleasanton looking for a job. The man was described by Parker as about 5'7" or 5'8" and in his mid twenties with sandy hair and of a *rather dirty appearance.* He told the FBI on November 26 that he had seen Oswald on TV and thought this man could have been Oswald. Parker did not have a job for this fellow and did not see the car to notice if anyone else was in it. Parker's wife also remembered getting a phone call from the man before he stopped by the station.

Freer, Texas

On November 28, the owner of the B. F. Cafe in Freer called and advised the FBI that a waitress (whose name remains redacted) had seen Oswald in Freer on October 3. In her November 29 FBI interview, the waitress said that at 6:30 or 7 pm on Thursday, October 3, a man she thought was identical to Oswald, a woman resembling Marina, one child age 2-4, and one small baby estimated to be two weeks old came into the cafe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Stephanie Goldberg said:

So - question.

In what might be a 2018 release, there's a letter written from the HSCA to the CIA requesting information on various people.  The list has some 59 people of all backgrounds, including Mrs. Earle Cabell.  (Not sure what the CIA would have had on her?)

Anyway, several people have an FBI number listed in their little brief descriptive blurb.  Would that be the number of their FBI file?  Those people listed as such are 

17 - Robert E (Bob) Edwards 
23 - Charles Douglas Givens
28 - James Earl Jarman
31 - Billy Nolan Lovelady
45 - James Elbert Romack
47 - Arnold Rowland
49 - Willam H Shelley
 

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/2018/docid-32272575.pdf

 

 

Hi Stephanie - what gives you the impression they are "FBI" numbers???

Looks to me as if they are simply in numerical order.... ????

All the numbers match the numbers in the linked report.... in which every person named has a ascending number...

1999535640_HSCArequesttoreinterviewthefollowing59people.jpg.08f13945ff84f8c81d522df7ab6a16c0.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David Josephs said:

Hi Stephanie - what gives you the impression they are "FBI" numbers???

Looks to me as if they are simply in numerical order.... ????

All the numbers match the numbers in the linked report.... in which every person named has a ascending number...

1999535640_HSCArequesttoreinterviewthefollowing59people.jpg.08f13945ff84f8c81d522df7ab6a16c0.jpg

 

It wasn't the first numbers which I posted which prompted the question.  It was the number within certain personal descriptions as posted above in William Shelley's listing of #49.  HIs listing ends with an FBI # as do the others which I listed.  I only gave their initial numerical numbers to illustrate which persons had those FBI #'s to make it easier for anyone who took the time to answer my question to quickly see what I was trying to reference. 

Thank you for posting a piece of the list here to illustrate my question!!  I was having problems trying to do that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Those that you mention in your list seem all to have something interesting to offer related to the actual shooting event....

788700132_RowlandsstatementaboutTSBD-smaller.thumb.jpg.7677fd99335cf24d0d34423edbb12989.jpg

 

When Rowland testified before the Commission on March 10, 1964, he claimed for the first time to have seen another person on the sixth floor. Rowland said that before he had noticed the man with the rifle on the southwest corner of the sixth floor he had seen an elderly Negro man "hanging out that window" on the southeast corner of the sixth floor.63 Rowland described the Negro man as "very thin, an elderly gentleman, bald or practically bald, very thin hair if he wasn't bald," between 50 and 60 years of age, 5 feet 8 inches to 5 feet 10 inches tall, with fairly dark complexion. 64 Rowland claimed that he looked back two or three times and noticed that the man remained until 5 or 6 minutes prior to the time the motorcade came. Rowland did not see him thereafter. He made no mention of the Negro man in his affidavit.65

 

 

So we are trying to find the significance for ROWLAND of

"FBI # 921 481 F"

this is the HSCA file and only mention of ROWLAND I could find.  maybe cause of this?

img_75715_2_300.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, David Josephs said:

Those that you mention in your list seem all to have something interesting to offer related to the actual shooting event....

788700132_RowlandsstatementaboutTSBD-smaller.thumb.jpg.7677fd99335cf24d0d34423edbb12989.jpg

 

When Rowland testified before the Commission on March 10, 1964, he claimed for the first time to have seen another person on the sixth floor. Rowland said that before he had noticed the man with the rifle on the southwest corner of the sixth floor he had seen an elderly Negro man "hanging out that window" on the southeast corner of the sixth floor.63 Rowland described the Negro man as "very thin, an elderly gentleman, bald or practically bald, very thin hair if he wasn't bald," between 50 and 60 years of age, 5 feet 8 inches to 5 feet 10 inches tall, with fairly dark complexion. 64 Rowland claimed that he looked back two or three times and noticed that the man remained until 5 or 6 minutes prior to the time the motorcade came. Rowland did not see him thereafter. He made no mention of the Negro man in his affidavit.65

 

 

So we are trying to find the significance for ROWLAND of

"FBI # 921 481 F"

this is the HSCA file and only mention of ROWLAND I could find.  maybe cause of this?

img_75715_2_300.png

I looked at Rowland's 'file' there and laughed, b/c I have no idea how to translate that into anything useful.

Billy Lovelady has a fascinating list of files, though.  I don't think I realized he had a criminal record and had been in trouble with the FBI prior to 1963.  If I read it somewhere, it didn't make an impression at the time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Stephanie,  maybe I have and forgotten, but I don't remember reading about Lovelady's criminal record or prior trouble with the FBI.  Can you elaborate?

I haven't finished reading this whole thing, but from what I've read so far he was involved in the sale of some stolen goods from Andrews AFB in September 1960.  It doesn't appear that he did the stealing, but he appears to be involved so far in the sale of the handguns at any rate.  The FBI clearly didn't use their best copier for these reports.  Some of them are incredibly difficult to read, and I can't say that I have a complete grasp of the entire story yet.

https://www.maryferrell.org/php/showlist.php?docset=1828

I also found an independent newspaper article which also lists Lovelady as one of the airmen arrested. In addition to the handguns, the article mentioned the theft of masking tape and sheets.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your very interesting find(s) may relate to this.  Involves potentially Ruby, Oswald and several others in Dodd's "investigation".

Be sure to scroll down to Nathan and Bill Kelly's replies.

Edited by Ron Bulman
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry.  Once again I didn't read fully and think before I posted.  The thread doesn't really go into Senator Dodd's "investigation"  of fire arms shipping and gun running, regarding Oswald, Ruby and others, I.E., I think CIA operations.

https://connecticuthistory.org/thomas-j-dodd-and-the-gun-control-act-of-1968/

Nor does this.  I wonder if his "investigation" wasn't compromised based on other reading.

Edited by Ron Bulman
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2019 at 9:28 PM, John Kozlowski said:

I agree with everything you wrote but after reading David’s piece at K&K if there was a women with Oswald in Jackson who could it have been? Parts of her story I want to believe and I did for a while after I seen her on TMWKK but there is no real evidence to back it up. Just another well read story teller like James Files it seems to me.

I don't know.  I do think the Judyth's statements are more persuasive about Jackson than elsewhere.  I just don't believe anything she says.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2019 at 9:35 PM, John Kozlowski said:

Just read a little bit of your blog and enjoy it so far. This is random but is Fetzer still a prof at UMD? I find it crazy that a university would employ him considering all the nonsense he promotes now a days. 

Thanks. Fetzer got into trouble harassing a student some time ago and was quickly 'retired'.  Since then he has focused on Judyth as well as creating false history about 9/11 and Sandy Hook. He did get away with a lot when he was at UMD.  He treated me so badly around 1999 that I complained to the U that he was doing it using their email address.  Nothing happened at that time, but my coming forward may have helped the young woman who was the catalyst for his 'retirement'.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2019 at 9:51 PM, John Kozlowski said:

Wow I just read the letter from Mary Ferrell and thats a shock to me. The way JVB presents herself I’d never guess that she acts like Mary described. I don’t think I’ve ever really heard anyone talk about JVB personally just about her stories. 

I was at Mary's luncheon at NID in 2002.  As I played some Bach for the ladies, I was seated next to Mary.  I had no connection with Judyth at that time.  But someone at the table asked Mary about Judyth and Mary practically spat out the words -- "we will NOT talk about THAT woman."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...