The Education Forum

National Archives release first batch of 2017 JFK documents

That is really discouraging Jim.  This was supposed to be a big deal, the last file release on JFK.  And NARA settled for that?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, a researcher just told me that in one of the zip files, there is a memo from Hunt about RFK's recommendations to Artime for the Cuban exiles as Mongoose wound down.

He suggested that the army help them either find jobs or send them to college.

That Bobby, he was so wild eyed about getting rid of Castro eh?

One more nail in the Waldron Hartmann thesis.  Although to me that was closed tight and dropped six feet under awhile ago.

On 7/26/2017 at 11:55 AM, Cory Santos said:

Interesting find regarding the memo and the bullet behind the ear. . .

I have yet to find that reported on by major media.

I find prior posts above interesting as well.

Ignoring the anti Trump comments, I wonder, is it a coincidence that the press reporting on the release is focusing mainly on files related to Russia and specifically Yuri Nosenko? 

When one considers the political climate now and the strange History Channel show (which apparently will not finish its run in the U.S.) which was heavily focused on pointing the finger at Russia, I question whether this is a coincidence or something more.

Coincidences are a strange thing indeed.

To elaborate on my prior post, now the media has been reporting quite a bit on the Russian alleged link.

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/nation/2017/07/27/-russia-involved-assassination-jfk/104059566/

http://www.newsweek.com/cia-releases-secret-interviews-russian-spy-imprisoned-jfk-assassination-642486

several others were found.

Again, the media seems to be focusing on a Russian link which coincides with other current events.

49 minutes ago, Cory Santos said:

To elaborate on my prior post, now the media has been reporting quite a bit on the Russian alleged link.

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/nation/2017/07/27/-russia-involved-assassination-jfk/104059566/

http://www.newsweek.com/cia-releases-secret-interviews-russian-spy-imprisoned-jfk-assassination-642486

several others were found.

Again, the media seems to be focusing on a Russian link which coincides with other current events.

Russian link is interesting.  I am a contrarian, so I see it through different eyes.  I look at the players - Marina Oswald (Russian), Abraham Zapruder (Russian), George Sergius de Mohrenschildt (Russian), Ruth Payne (Speaks Russian), LHO (Lived in Russia)

If the Russians wanted to kill JFK, they sure intended to let the world know that they did it!  My opinion on this is JFK was killed by a military operation organized and managed by the Pentagon pointing the obvious - Russia did it story.  The USA did everything to dupe Russia and Cuba into killing JFK.  I strongly believe the USA wanted to launch a pre-emptive nuclear strike against Russia in 1963 because we had a strategic advantage against them. http://prospect.org/article/did-us-military-plan-nuclear-first-strike-1963.  The killing of JFK would give the USA the perfect excuse to do so.

My gut feeling is that all these Russians around Oswald were setup to be patsies; Officer Tippett and Ruby mucked it all up for the Pentagon.  Oswald was probably supposed to have been caught red-handed most likely in Mexico, Cuba, or Russia.

If the Russians were involved, Marina Oswald has received a golden get out of jail card.  Russians did it or not, she knows what occurred and by whom.  I love the story of how Marina did not know anything about what was going on with LHO.

I liked it better when Newsweek wasn't publishing.

Better nothing being printed than pablum like this.

All you have to do is look at how both Castro and Nikita K reacted when they got the news of Kennedy's death.  They were both emotionally distraught.

And then, Bobby and Jackie sent that message to Nikita.  He would have to wait for Bobby to run since LBJ was too much beholding to big business.  God, was he right about that.

But then, we know what happened to him at the Ambassador Hotel.

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 5:25 PM, Anthony Thorne said:

We should put together a GoFundMe or Kickstarter to help buy the CIA some new printer toner for their office room.  

That might actually draw more attention to the subject than anything that will come from the main stream media.

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 8:51 PM, Robert E. Cox said:

Long time since I've visited...happy to see this discussion underway. A bullet lodged behind the President's ear, eh? Hmmm. Wondering if anybody's found any reference to Jeff Morley's and Jim Lesar's long-sought records relating to George Joannides. I'd think they ought to show up somewhere in these dumps.  If not, Mr. J. must have been really something... Thanks, everybody, for helping me get up to date.

This is about it on Jeff's end at the moment as far as I Know.

http://jfkfacts.org/12-cia-documents-omitted-national-archives-jfk-records-release/#more-25673

It will take a while for researchers to fully digest what has been released and what may still be.  The initial analysis is not encouraging but nobody knows the full results yet.  But maybe someone will find another Documented Bullet behind the ear.  To also be ignored by the main steam media.  But ultimately, hopefully, recorded more accurately that future generations may learn from it and do better by.

From National Archives  2017 release of JFK documents

'EYES ONLY' SECRET CIA FILE #104-10268-10005:

ANGLETON'S CIA RIGHT-HAND MAN RAYMOND ROCCA TELLS WARREN COMMISSION MEMBER BELIN THAT LEE OSWALD WAS IN MEXICO CITY BECAUSE HE WAS INVOLVED IN A PLOT TO KILL FIDEL CASTRO ... Just as Judyth Vary Baker has been telling us since 1999  and in her  2010 book ME AND LEE ... 

KK

Anthony:

No one has read the whole release yet. 

The ARRB declassified some really good documents.  I mean just look at some of the books that came out of that.  Bill Davy could have never written his book Let Justice Be Done without those documents.  James Blight's Virtual JFK: VIetnam if Kennedy had Lived, was largely based on the 800 page release by the ARRB on Kennedy's Vietnam policy.  Those two books, among others, seriously advanced our knowledge of the JFK case. Another example, the declassified Lopez Report was invaluable to me in writing Reclaiming Parkland and the second edition of Destiny Betrayed.

In this new release, to take one example, the document about Collins Radio is really interesting.  That firm had turned into pretty much a CIA proprietary by the seventies. Reminds me of the Mullen Company with Watergate.  Of course, that does not mean it was like that in the sixties.  But, you have to start somewhere.  And remember the roles of Bruton with DeMohrenschildt and Mather's car with the second Oswald.  The significance of Karl's document, which I would like to see, is that 1.)Angleton was trying to influence the WC, and 2.) Apparently at that time he had seen that the Castro killed Kennedy option had failed.

Edited by James DiEugenio

On 7/24/2017 at 1:22 PM, Larry Hancock said:

I suspect that Jim is on the money here....the Administration could care less about something like this....heck, the majority of its appointments have still not been made....this is just to move it out at a time when the news is subsumed in Trump, Health Care etc knowing that nothing else is getting media attention now.  After all, once NARA has it ready, why hold it for some event to focus attention on it....this makes it look like its no big deal at all.

I believe they announced as early as last year that the docs would be released throughout the year, and not just on the anniversary.