The Education Forum

Attorney's file on Roger Stone, LaRouche and Russia influencing the 2016 presidential election

The point is if one disagrees with someone else's policies one can always say that the person is imbalanced or unhinged, or even a traitor or a dupe.

I mean if one recalls Marxmanship in Dallas by Revilo Oliver, that is what he said about JFK, that he was a commie dupe. LeMay compared JFK to Neville Chamberlain.  People in NIxon's own party thought he was nutty over the Xmas bombing. 

Let us get real and honest about that issue.  

What I am talking about is the use of that statute, the 25th amendment.  I just do not see how that applies.  And the fact that it does not shows just how far out there these FBI guys were.

But further, if one recalls Peter S.  He was high up there in the FBI hierarchy and he said, there is no there there.  Collusion is not a crime.  Recall, Comey was fired well over a year ago, going on two. And Mueller still has not proven this charge in relation to Trump.  So what McCabe is describing,  this appears to be an extralegal use of the Constitution.  I mean Rod R wearing a wire on the president?  I mean with that kind of stuff going on, Trump almost had to fire McCabe.

But this is what our political system has come to.  Sort of like two feuding fraternities on campus.

Edited by James DiEugenio

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fusion GPS was being paid by a firm that worked for the Democratic Party, right, Lincoln Coles or something like that if I recall.

Therefore, Christopher Steels was working for Lincoln Coles.

Since you seem to know a lot about this Mr. Wheeler, is there any truth to the rumor that Steele was originally paid by Jeb Bush or a proxy to begin his trashy dossier?

20 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

While the media is focused on Roger Stone's Instagram account and making sure he does not violate his "gag" order, the house cleaning at the FBI continues,

On a few other forums, we had a good time trying to figure out what happened in this video. It is from the funeral of President Bush.

Keep an eye on Laura Bush first, then Jeb, then George W. (This may well have been posted here earlier. It was very popular for about a week and I assumed everyone saw it. More likely it was only popular in certain circles.) 

Funny how this stuff comes out on dailycaller within an hour or two of news of trump adiministration trying to give nuclear capability  to Saudis. Anyone who thinks Trump-Russia is just about Trump and Russia is not following along. Saudis, UAE and Israel all involved in quid pro quo’s, election meddling, etc.

On 2/18/2019 at 8:19 AM, James DiEugenio said:

Well, Mr. Wheeler this is sure as heck interesting isn't it, the Bureau was trying to get rid of Trump.

And the guy said it on national TV:

https://consortiumnews.com/2019/02/16/the-fbi-came-close-to-staging-a-coup/

But then Wheeler responding to Cliff:

On 2/18/2019 at 9:17 AM, Cliff Varnell said:

The FBI Came Close to Staging a Coup

For the 25th Amendment to remove a President the Vice President, a majority of the cabinet Secretaries, two-thirds of the House, and two-thirds of the Senate all have to agree the Prez is unable to continue his duties.

Damn, the FBI got sooooo close...🧐

Robert Wheeler said: Actually, they were not close at all, but that's a longer story.

Cliff replied; Sarcasm ain't yer strong suit?

No I haven't seen a trace of humor from Robert yet much less sarcasm. Actually Robert, Cliff wasn't begging you to go into your "longer story" though I'm sure it might be exciting enough to make you, Jim, and Jeff quake in your boots.

He was trying to give  you and Jim a basic civics lesson,  which is so lacking in the American populace, about the 25th Amendment, The FBI can do nothing to that end but gather information and that will be scrutinized by Trump's cabinet, 2/3 of the House and Senate, that are currently controlled by different parties.

As for Trump's fitness for office, I don't think it's a stretch at all. I subscribe to a lot of the things Joe has said. But that would be very divisive, at least at this point.Though  I do understand that in order for changes I'd like to see happen in the U.S.,  it will be a disruptive process.  But I'm much more aware of policy direction than Jim, Robert and Jeff, and the direction that this disruption is taken is going in the very opposite direction that they seem to believe.

To assume that Mc Cabe and Rosenstein talking about the constitution  and the 25th Amendment is some evidence of a "coup" is just more excited bed wetting from the same sources here. The best point Jim can make is about the discussion of the wire, but ultimately  that's all they did, they discussed it. They ran it by their counsel and didn't do it, thankfully.

Robert Wheeler said

Every assertion of Trump's idiocy is an Insider attempt to protect the Franchise they have been building since 1963.

I know Robert, I'm sure it can be bewildering, in a world where we unwitting traitors are all around you. I might juxtapose that slightly Robert,

Every assertion of Trump's propriety  and fitness for office is an Insider attempt to protect, not only  his 90% Republican support, but the interests of the super wealthy, who how ever they may object to Trump's behavior have never had a more business friendly President in history. 

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

Geez Kirk, what took you so long?  

But you came out firing on all pistons as usual, with that civics lesson stuff and predictably dividing Wheeler and Carter and Jim/me off to one side.

Clearly, there is a segment of the FBI that wants to get rid of Trump.  Especially after Comey was canned. I would even say that this extended over to the Justice Department with Sally Yates who also had deep reservations if Flynn was "compromised" by the Russians.

There is little doubt that the Power Elite wanted: 1.) War with Syria, and 2.) Cold War II.(That whole thing in Ukraine was so misrepresented by both the MSM and Washington it was sick.)

For whatever reasons--whether he was compromised or he just was not interested-- Trump did not do it.  

The real irony here that no one wants to address is this: I think HRC would have done both.

I think the insider/outsider perspective is of some value in assisting to see the current moment clearly. It is one reason why this discussion is not entirely off-topic on this board.

To say the FBI “threw” the election to Trump is implying intent - I.e. Comey wanted Trump to win. That is obviously not accurate, and continuing to frame discussion that way leads to faulty premises. Comey implied in the Colbert interview that his hand was forced and officially releasing the information was the least worst option available. Unfortunately, the Democratic candidate had plenty of skeletons in the closet and huge negatives among the voters, and so was vulnerable to exactly what happened.

The anti-Russia propaganda is cooked up in think tanks like the Atlantic Council, Brookings, Chatham House, etc,  then repeated uncritically in the major media outlets, combined with very nasty ad hominem attacks. It is a proven demonization strategy which has played out in much the same fashion at least five times in the past quarter century. The focus on Russia is promoting paranoid delusions similar to Cold War theories of Soviet conspiracies, and is being used in efforts to censor or marginalize certain political viewpoints, particularly in social media.

The Steele information, generally agreed to have been unverified opposition research, was improperly used to secure a FISA warrant in October 2016 which, in effect, put the entire Trump campaign subject to the full dragnet of NSA capabilities. That is probably the most serious violation of Constitutional rights and the integrity of the electoral system in this situation, and it follows on the Snowden revelations of the massive illegal spying programs themselves.

4 minutes ago, Jeff Carter said:

I think the insider/outsider perspective is of some value in assisting to see the current moment clearly. It is one reason why this discussion is not entirely off-topic on this board.

To say the FBI “threw” the election to Trump is implying intent - I.e. Comey wanted Trump to win. That is obviously not accurate, and continuing to frame discussion that way leads to faulty premises. Comey implied in the Colbert interview that his hand was forced and officially releasing the information was the least worst option available. Unfortunately, the Democratic candidate had plenty of skeletons in the closet and huge negatives among the voters, and so was vulnerable to exactly what happened.

The anti-Russia propaganda is cooked up in think tanks like the Atlantic Council, Brookings, Chatham House, etc,  then repeated uncritically in the major media outlets, combined with very nasty ad hominem attacks. It is a proven demonization strategy which has played out in much the same fashion at least five times in the past quarter century. The focus on Russia is promoting paranoid delusions similar to Cold War theories of Soviet conspiracies, and is being used in efforts to censor or marginalize certain political viewpoints, particularly in social media.

The Steele information, generally agreed to have been unverified opposition research, was improperly used to secure a FISA warrant in October 2016 which, in effect, put the entire Trump campaign subject to the full dragnet of NSA capabilities. That is probably the most serious violation of Constitutional rights and the integrity of the electoral system in this situation, and it follows on the Snowden revelations of the massive illegal spying programs themselves.

Interesting, though mostly nonsense.

Jim Jordan claims the Steele dossier was used to get a FISA warrant. Nobody has confirmed this and it has been denied.

Nothing in the Steele dossier has been discredited, though the president does say it is discredited.

The investigation started because Trump campaign officials started cavorting secretly with Russians as early as 2015 and have lied about it every step of the way. Manafort lied, Sessions lied, Kushner lied, Trump Jr. lied, Trump Sr. lied about these interactions. Some of them even drunkenly bragged about it their Russian connections to diplomats.

I'm no fan of the intelligence community, but these guys are willing to risk jail and financial ruin to lie about whatever it is they were up to. My guess is it's not because they want to pursue peace with Russia.

I've not seen any evidence yet that Trump isn't an asset of a foreign government.

Hi Andrew

I don’t know who Jim Jordan is, but information concerning the use of the Steele dossier to secure a FISA warrant has been covered in some detail. Here are reports on the FISA process from both sides of the political spectrum:

https://consortiumnews.com/2018/02/02/nunes-memo-reports-crimes-at-top-of-fbi-doj/

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/07/carter-page-fisa-applications-fbi-steele-dossier/

As I understand the process, it is the job of the FBI to verify information before using it for judicial warrants,  particularly when it is known that the source of information is being paid by partisan interests.

There are also divergent points-of-view as to whether Trump campaign officials triggered an investigation through secret cavorting, or whether an investigation was triggered because Trump was so-far successful in his campaign. Well-known journalist Daniel Lazare believes the latter: “The intelligence agencies initiated reports that Donald Trump was colluding with Russia, they nurtured them and helped them grow, and then they spread the word to the press and key government officials. “

https://consortiumnews.com/2018/05/31/spooks-spooking-themselves/

Douglas, the Lawfare blog entry does not address the information above, it merely shoots down the idea that the warrant process involves some kind of hearing, a premise which does not feature in the above critiques.

It boggles my mind that anyone would take a life-long, mobbed up grifter like our commander in chief and not only compare him to JFK but to presume to assign noble intentions to anything he does or says. On what evidence could such  a claim be based? 

Andrew,

The comparison with JFK is not the point.

As I tried to say earlier, it does not matter who the president is, be it Nixon, JFK or Trump.  

Our side is supposed to be about universal standards and evidence.  

Even Adam Schiff admitted that the Steele dossier was used for the FISA, but his argument is it was not the only thing used.

As per the dossier, have you read it?  Talk about a shoddy piece of work.  It really does read like oppo research, which it was. (I misspoke, the name of the firm is Perkins Cole.) If I had to compare it to anything as far as amateur night it would be the first FBI report on the JFK case of December 9th.  Which was so bad the WC would not print it in the volumes.  Buzzfeed should have never printed it.

BTW Robert, how did Buzzfeed get it?  Through Steele or the FBI or Perkins?

He sold a mansion to a Russian oligarch for $98 million, or something like that at the depths of the housing collapse. And it was twice what he paid for it not long before that. Do you really think they needed Christopher Steele to open an investigation?

6 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Geez Kirk, what took you so long?  

But you came out firing on all pistons as usual, with that civics lesson stuff and predictably dividing Wheeler and Carter and Jim/me off to one side.

Clearly, there is a segment of the FBI that wants to get rid of Trump.

More than half the country wants to get rid of Trump. 

Members of his own administration want to get rid of him.

I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html

Especially after Comey was canned. I would even say that this extended over to the Justice Department with Sally Yates who also had deep reservations if Flynn was "compromised" by the Russians.

There is little doubt that the Power Elite wanted: 1.) War with Syria, and 2.) Cold War II.(That whole thing in Ukraine was so misrepresented by both the MSM and Washington it was sick.)

Moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem was sick.  Dropping out of the Iran nuke deal was sick.  Making the neo-con's neo-con John Bolton national security advisor was sick.

Preparing to go to war with Iran is sick.  And that is exactly what Trump is trying to do.

For whatever reasons--whether he was compromised or he just was not interested-- Trump did not do it.  

The real irony here that no one wants to address is this: I think HRC would have done both.

No one wants to address what Jim DiEugenio thinks?

8 hours ago, Jeff Carter said:

To say the FBI “threw” the election to Trump is implying intent - I.e. Comey wanted Trump to win. That is obviously not accurate, and continuing to frame discussion that way leads to faulty premises.

The faulty premises are all yours.

There may have been an FBI conspiracy involving the 2016 election. But not the one you think.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2018/06/18/there-may-have-been-an-fbi-conspiracy-involving-the-2016-election-but-not-the-one-you-think/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.3e44a05d7c71

The Real F.B.I. Election Culprit

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/13/opinion/trump-peter-strzok-fbi-election.html

The following was written before the election:

'The FBI is Trumpland': anti-Clinton atmosphere spurred leaking, sources say

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/03/fbi-leaks-hillary-clinton-james-comey-donald-trump

Another pre-election article:

Meet Donald Trump’s Top FBI Fanboy

https://www.thedailybeast.com/meet-donald-trumps-top-fbi-fanboy?source=twitter&via=desktop

Comey implied in the Colbert interview that his hand was forced and officially releasing the information was the least worst option available. Unfortunately, the Democratic candidate had plenty of skeletons in the closet and huge negatives among the voters, and so was vulnerable to exactly what happened.

Trump had even more skeletons in the closet, had even bigger negatives among the voters, and was under FBI investigation for conspiring with the Russians.  But that's not what the FBI and the mainstream media focused on during the last 11 days of the election.

The last 11 days was a non-stop anti-Clinton barrage.

The anti-Russia propaganda is cooked up in think tanks like the Atlantic Council, Brookings, Chatham House, etc,  then repeated uncritically in the major media outlets, combined with very nasty ad hominem attacks.

How much American cable news do you watch, Jeff?

Donald Trump and his inner circle have lied about the 100+ contacts they've had with Russian assets during the campaign and the transition.

Trump lied about seeking a Trump Tower in Moscow and conspired with his son to lie about the New York Trump Tower meeting with a half-dozen Russians.  When these lies were exposed and reported upon in the mainstream media -- we're supposed to believe it was all planted by the Atlantic Council?

It is a proven demonization strategy which has played out in much the same fashion at least five times in the past quarter century. The focus on Russia is promoting paranoid delusions similar to Cold War theories of Soviet conspiracies, and is being used in efforts to censor or marginalize certain political viewpoints, particularly in social media.

According to Edward Snowden it should have taken the FBI a half hour to determine that the Clinton e-mails in the possession of sex pervert Anthony Weiner were duplicates of what they'd already examined.

They took 8 days, instead, and effectively threw the election to Trump.

Edited by Cliff Varnell