The Education Forum

Attorney's file on Roger Stone, LaRouche and Russia influencing the 2016 presidential election

Fascinating House Judiciary Committee interview with George Papadopolous - 

https://dougcollins.house.gov/sites/dougcollins.house.gov/files/Papadopoulos%20l10.25.18%20Interview%20Transcript_Redacted.pdf

No contact ever with Russians, plenty of contact with identified or suspected western intelligence operatives. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I explained, the reason you cannot read the report right now is what Ken Starr did to the Independent Counsel law.

It does not exist right now, so Mueller was a DOJ appointment.  He works under them.

Do I think everyone should be able to see it, yes I do.

But I think Barr will redact certain parts of it like grand jury testimony and for privacy issues. 

3 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Paul and JIm,

A few pages ago in this thread, Jeff Carter posted Matt T's devastating report on the Steele Dossier.

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/russiagate-is-wmd-times-a-million

Even Mr Ness later said that the Dossier was nothing more than paid for oppo research.

To point out some things: Cohen was not in Prague, Page was not offered a nineteen per cent stake in a multi billion dollar company in Russia, and there is no golden shower tape.I mean Cohen should know.  And the idea that Putin was cultivating Trump for the presidency back in the nineties is kind of absurd.

But Adam Schiff proclaimed to the world that geez  nothing in it is disproven and this became the CW. He then  fought the effort to expose that the vast majority of it  was done by Fusion for Lincoln Coie, which was a cut out for HRC.  It was shameful that we had to wait that long for that info.

Steele actually borrowed stuff from online postings.  He himself never went to Russia, and had not been there in over a decade.  He never vetted any of his second and third hand reports.  He gave his customers what they wanted.  And then several people like Nellie Ohr, Simpson and McCain shopped it around tirelessly in order to get it in the media.  They finally succeeded with Buzzfeed.  

And this is what sent Russia Gate  which had only been simmering, into the stratosphere.  

Not quite Jim. Firing Comey and then stating he did because of the "Russia thing" is what directly lead to the Special Counsel from a unified Republican Congress. There's no getting around that.

Edited by Bob Ness

Bob, what I meant was that it was the Steele Dossier that made the issue an MSM shibboleth.

As if it were an accomplished fact.

Jeff:

That interview you posted is a really fascinating document.

I mean everyone should read it.

If this guy is telling the truth, then he was set up.  He really does deserve a pardon.

That famous photo in March of Trump's alleged foreign policy team made him a target.

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Bob, what I meant was that it was the Steele Dossier that made the issue an MSM shibboleth.

As if it were an accomplished fact.

Fair enough but I was hearing it was unverified op research. Yes some were all giddy about it but for me and I think most people it was eclipsed by information and statements by principals involved that sunset the whole thing into footnote land. The dossier itself was embryonic and I believe several things were shown to be valid although I admit I haven't revisited it for a while. If everything turned out to be true, I wouldn't have been surprised considering what I know to be true about the subjects now.

August 1st, 2018

Fox News’ Shepard Smith broke down the Trump administration’s false claims about the Steele dossier being the impetus for the Russia investigation and he did not mince words.

“The White House today echoed President Trump’s false tweets claiming that the dossier is the foundation of the special counsel Robert Mueller‘s Russia investigation,” Smith began. “We’ll play the sounds, show you the tweets, and then explain the facts.”

Smith then played a clip of White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders saying that the investigation is “based off of a dirty discredited dossier” and showed a tweet that President Donald Trump wrote saying the dossier was fraudulent.

“In the main and in its parts, that statement is patently false,” Smith explained. “According to the Republican majority on the House Intelligence Committee, the feds started the Russia investigation in July of 2016 after then-Trump foreign policy advisor George Papadopoulos told an Australian diplomat that the Russians had dirt on Hillary Clinton. The diplomat then gave that information over to the FBI.”

“And while the U.S. Intelligence community has not confirmed parts of the dossier, there are elements of it that are confirmed true,” Smith continued. “No part of it to Fox News knowledge has been confirmed false. The special counsel, Robert Mueller, is a registered Republican. The deputy attorney general, Rod Rosenstein, who appointed Mueller, is also a Republican. Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who swore in Rosenstein, is also a Republican. President Trump, a Republican, appointed Sessions.

So there it is from Fox news.

Edited by Bob Ness

Michael Cohen was Trump's Attorney and was known as  the "Fixer."  He was convicted and will begin serving a three year prison sentence soon.

William Barr, the U.S. Attorney General, was appointed by Trump and is now known as Trump's new "Fixer." His actions in attempting to withhold and cover up the contents of the Mueller Report may lead his being charged with Obstruction of Justice.

BN: then-Trump foreign policy advisor George Papadopoulos told an Australian diplomat that the Russians had dirt on Hillary Clinton. The diplomat then gave that information over to the FBI.

Bob, did you read the George P interview that Jeff linked to?

If you had, I don't see how you could shave printed the above without at least a qualification.  When I read how the above happened, I had some real doubts about how the likes of Jonathan Marshall at TPM reported this story.  

5 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Michael Cohen was Trump's Attorney and was known as  the "Fixer."  He was convicted and will begin serving a three year prison sentence soon.

William Barr, the U.S. Attorney General, was appointed by Trump and is now known as Trump's new "Fixer." His actions in attempting to withhold and cover up the contents of the Mueller Report may lead his being charged with Obstruction of Justice.

If Mueller's report exonerates Trump what logical and ethical reason would someone cite in refusing to release it in full ( okay-security blackouts aside ) to the American public?

You'd think Trump's people would love to show how Mueller and his disgusting "Witch Hunt" report was as phony, biased and baseless as they had claimed all along.

And American taxpayers paid for this report. It should belong to them.

This isn't some top secret national security stuff.

Guess we'll never see Trump's tax returns either, even though he promised to release them hundreds of times when asked during the campaign.

Doug:

The idea that Barr is going to be charged with obstruction is a stretch of formidable proportions.

Who is going to indict the Attorney General, the president?  But as I have said, Barr is not doing anything illegal.  There is no Independent Counsel law today.  Mueller was an employee of the DOJ.  By law his report went to the AG.  I mean if you want to scream about anything in all that, scream at Ken Starr.  There was no there in Whitewater so he went after Clinton for Lewinsky. As she just tweeted, if this situation had existed back then, no one would have have known her name. Which would have been great.

By law, grand jury testimony is not allowed to be made public.  There are also privacy matters involved. There are also areas of classified information that must be considered.

Mueller could not make an indictable case on Russia Gate in two years.  Its pretty obvious he tried.  In fact, if you read George P's deposition, Mueller left an important part of the story out e.g. possible entrapment.

By all reports, Mueller has already closed up shop. HIs attorneys and his staff are gone.  Would such be the case if there was a there there?  The one outstanding case is Roger Stone.  He had surveillance on Roger for a long time.  Everyone suspects this is another "process crime" urged on Mueller by Schiff.

Barr has already said he will release a redacted form of the report.  If for some reason, the congress disagrees with the redactions, then you let judges decide.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Trump's "Coffee Boy" George Papadopoulos on the Joy Reed morning show right now promoting his new book "Deep State Target."

His plea deal with just 14 days of incarceration is sure paying off. 

Edited by Joe Bauer

Joe, did you read his deposition that Jeff linked to?

Can you please show me where and when he was convicted in court?

If you will not read his deposition, then at least read this story:

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/404275-what-professor-really-told-fbi-about-trump-russia-and-papadopoulos

Except, if his deposition is accurate, its even worse than that story indicates.

And while you are at it Joe, please look up a guy named Stefan Halper.  That will also help you understand what happened to George P.

Edited by James DiEugenio

24 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Joe, did you read his deposition that Jeff linked to?

Can you please show me where and when he was convicted in court?

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:Statement_of_the_offense.filed.pdf&page=11

he did 14 days in a Fed lockup, this should shed a bit more light:

download

Edited by David G. Healy

The people’s House of Representatives has the right, and obligation, to view the report in its entirety, including the supporting documents. Regardless. of what the Special Counsel rules are, it’s entirely political to refuse to let Congress be the arbiter of what can be seen by the public.