Jump to content
The Education Forum

The Finger Finally Points to Pentagon Chief Lemnitzer


Douglas Caddy
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doug,

I was under the impression he went to Europe and was there from 1962 to 1969...

In November 1962, Lemnitzer was appointed as commander of U.S. European Command, and as Supreme Allied Commander Europeof the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO). His time in command saw the Cyprus crisis of 1963–1964 and the withdrawal of NATO forces from France in 1966.

Given how LeMay secretly found his way to Bethesda that night...  do you feel he'd be more likely and more realistic than Lemnitzer...
if you have an opinion on the matter....?  If not... then I'd be looking at the command structure thru Bethesda...

I drew up a rough Org chart of the players

Rear Admirals Burkley and Galloway and 4 star Gen LeMay....  were the law in that building... With Lemnitzer out of the country I fail to see how his hand is instrumental at all...

 

59b19b4a5c1f4_Bethesdaplayers-DJchart.thumb.jpg.1d75007f99a0aae5911512c150a664ca.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lemnitzer: from Wikipedia:

Post-Korean War

Lemnitzer was promoted to the rank of general and named commander of US Army forces in the Far East and of the Eighth Army in March 1955. He was named Chief of Staff of the Army in July 1957 and appointed Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in September 1960. As Chairman, Lemnitzer was involved in the Bay of Pigs crisis and the early years of United States involvement in the Vietnam War. He was also required to testify before the United States SenateForeign Affairs Committee about his knowledge of the activities of Major General Edwin Walker, who had been dismissed from the Army over alleged attempts to promote his political beliefs in the military.

Lemnitzer approved the plans known as Operation Northwoods in 1962, a proposed plan to discredit the Castro regime and create support for military action against Cuba by staging false flag acts of terrorism and developing "a Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington". Lemnitzer presented the plans to Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara on March 13, 1962. It is unclear how McNamara reacted, but three days later President Kennedy told the general that there was no chance that the US would take military action against Cuba. Within a few months, after the refusal to endorse Operation Northwoods, Lemnitzer was denied another term as JCS chairman.[2]

In November 1962, Lemnitzer was appointed as commander of U.S. European Command, and as Supreme Allied Commander Europe of the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO). His time in command saw the Cyprus crisis of 1963–1964 and the withdrawal of NATO forces from France in 1966.

As of 2015, Lemnitzer is the only Chairman of the Joint Chiefs to hold another U.S military command after his term as Chairman ended, rather than retiring.[citation needed]

Later life and death

Lemnitzer retired from the military in July 1969. His 14-year tenure as a four star general on active duty is the longest in the history of the U.S. Army. In 1975, President Ford appointed Lemnitzer to the Commission on CIA Activities within the United States (aka the Rockefeller Commission) to investigate whether the Central Intelligence Agency had committed acts that violated US laws, and allegations that E. Howard Hunt and Frank Sturgis (of Watergate fame) were involved in the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

David

The article seems to indicate Lymnitzer was responsible for Operation Gladio. No way.

Gladio began way before Lymnitzer arrived at NATO. I believe it was after World War ll when Gladio began their operations. In fact Allen Dulles had more to do with the creation of Gladio than did Lymnitzer, who had nothing to do with it.

That article written in 2013 is what is called fake news today. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

That is correct David, Kennedy shifted Lemnitzer to NATO in 1962.

I agree with you that the person of interest in the military is LeMay.

That being said... how much influence would AF General LeMay have over Naval officer Galloway?  

If we remember correctly, Galloway was out front delayed with McHugh, an AF General like LeMay only , while the coffin BS was happening at the back....

Some claim it was Galloway informing McHugh of the "plan" - suggesting a more concentrated Naval operation - while if McHugh relays LeMay's plan for the evening... seems a bit late for all that...  Galloway would have had to be informed already... no?

And obviously McHugh and Burkley were JFK picked...  getting them to do what they did must have involved some interesting leverage...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, George Sawtelle said:

David

The article seems to indicate Lymnitzer was responsible for Operation Gladio. No way.

Gladio began way before Lymnitzer arrived at NATO. I believe it was after World War ll when Gladio began their operations. In fact Allen Dulles had more to do with the creation of Gladio than did Lymnitzer, who had nothing to do with it.

That article written in 2013 is what is called fake news today. 

Agreed George....  spread the blame every few years... especially when more documents are being released.

Personally, the discussion misses the real culprits and their connections...  Partners of Cravath, Swain and Moore as well as the companies they represented created the revolving door Mil Ind Congressional Complex...  Roswell Gilpatrick was #2 at DoD, McCloy was incredibly influential and that's just the tip of the iceberg...

Find out how/why TEXTRON bought Bell Helicopter and you begin to see the CABAL so many elude to on these pages...

This starts out of England with Royal and Arthur Little... runs thru Banks in England and New England as well as Canada.... and huge insurance companies loaning millions at ridiculous terms...  to buy a failing helicopter company having lost $100M in previous years...  General CABEL of the CIA is asked about the purchase and the potential plans to use helicopters in SE Asia.

Bell was very profitable, very quickly after the purchase in 1960 with the US military spending billions on Bell helicopters and parts.  TEXTRON goes on to get their fingers into many, many of the MICC projects.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just to add something that might be a curious "connection":

 

excerpt from interview with Gen. Lemay's daughter:

WS: Your father had a lot of people around him at SAC that were hand-picked. Good people. Do you remember some of the key people?

JLL: General [Thomas] Power. General [Francis] Griswold. You know, sometime, it might be...General Griswold, they were stationed together right after they were first married. "Grizzy" and Jeff had been married a couple of years and had a baby - their first daughter - when they were all stationed. They were very close friends until the Griswolds died. And their second daughter is married to Sidney Pollack, the movie director. Very nice people. Really nice people. Mother and Jeff were very close. Very close friends. They ended up...they lived in Omaha. General Griswold ran General Pontiac over in Council Bluffs, which was really...who owned the Cadillac agency. It was all their money.

BWS: Edmondson? Briggs? Rosie O'Donnell?

JLL: Rosie O'Donnell. In fact, we would visit them in Colorado. I think he was in Colorado. I remember all those names.

BWS: Hoyt Vandenberg, the Chief of Staff?

JLL: No, I don't remember him. He died young, too, didn't he? Of course, there was [Carl] Spaatz and Ira Acre, which was earlier on. I wouldn't have know them.

BWS: They were important to your father.

JLL: Yes, it was a nucleus of outstanding people. But I remember the names. We all lived...General [John] Ryan was there; Mike Ryan's father was there.

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Dale_Ryan

In August 1963, General Ryan was assigned to the Pentagon as inspector general for the U.S. Air Force. One year later he was named vice commander in chief of Strategic Air Command and in December 1964, became commander in chief.

JEH Appt. book 14 NOV 63:

JEH_Nov14_63.jpg

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, George Sawtelle said:

David

The article seems to indicate Lymnitzer was responsible for Operation Gladio. No way.

Gladio began way before Lymnitzer arrived at NATO. I believe it was after World War ll when Gladio began their operations. In fact Allen Dulles had more to do with the creation of Gladio than did Lymnitzer, who had nothing to do with it.

That article written in 2013 is what is called fake news today. 

Lemnitzer didn't start Gladio, but he ran it while in Europe, and I think he is of great interest here, because the assassins that were hired to do the hit on JFK came out of the Gladio network - no proof of that just hunch. Read  Gladio, by Richard Cottrell. Plus, look the Army Intel, Army reserve etc presence at Dealey Plaza and with connections to DPD.

Edited by Paul Brancato
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Lemnitzer didn't start Gladio, but he ran it while in Europe, and I think he is of great interest here, because the assassins that were hired to do the hit on JFK came out of the Gladio network - no proof of that just hunch. Read  Gladio, by Richard Cottrell. Plus, look the Army Intel, Army reserve etc presence at Dealey Plaza and with connections to DPD.

Paul,

 

I think I tend to agree with you.

 

Lately, I've been speculating lately on "revenge as motive" for the hit on JFK.

Not so much for what he "might" do with respect to getting out of Vietnam, or eliminating the oil depletion allowance, etc., but for what JFK "had" done; and looking at the people who had been "exiled to the frontier". So far, I've come up with Lyman Lemnitzer and William King Harvey, who was transferred to Rome after the Cuban Missile Crisis. Remember his handwritten ZR/Rifle to use Corsicans rather than Mafia. Being CIA Station Chief in Rome would make him pretty well positioned to find some.

I think they sat out there in the boondocks and stewed.

In ancient Roman times, wasn't it the generals who had been banished to Gaul who were always stirring up trouble, with this legion or that legion always seemingly ready to "cross the Rubicon" at any moment?

 

Although they weren't exiled, I'd add Allen Dulles and Charles Cabell, who were forced into retirement rather than banished to the frontier.

 

Anybody else you can think of that fit this bill?

 

As far as the Army Reserve Colonels, I think they were more "boots on the ground" than anything; the "mechanics" of how it went down.

 

Steve Thomas

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Paul,

 

I think I tend to agree with you.

 

Lately, I've been speculating lately on "revenge as motive" for the hit on JFK.

Not so much for what he "might" do with respect to getting out of Vietnam, or eliminating the oil depletion allowance, etc., but for what JFK "had" done; and looking at the people who had been "exiled to the frontier". So far, I've come up with Lyman Lemnitzer and William King Harvey, who was transferred to Rome after the Cuban Missile Crisis. Remember his handwritten ZR/Rifle to use Corsicans rather than Mafia. Being CIA Station Chief in Rome would make him pretty well positioned to find some.

I think they sat out there in the boondocks and stewed.

In ancient Roman times, wasn't it the generals who had been banished to Gaul who were always stirring up trouble, with this legion or that legion always seemingly ready to "cross the Rubicon" at any moment?

 

Although they weren't exiled, I'd add Allen Dulles and Charles Cabell, who were forced into retirement rather than banished to the frontier.

 

Anybody else you can think of that fit this bill?

 

As far as the Army Reserve Colonels, I think they were more "boots on the ground" than anything; the "mechanics" of how it went down.

 

Steve Thomas

I would say Ed Lansdale. Even though he wasn't exiled, he didn't get that ambassadorship that he coveted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LeMay, Lansdale and the CIA.

"but he had powerful allies in the CIA, and his professional patron was the Agency's director, Allen Dulles.6  Lansdale even owed his promotion to Brigadier General to Dulles, who had intervened with Air Force Chief of Staff Curtis LeMay to bring it about".  Pg. 4, JFK and Vietnam, John Newman.

Further,

"the general was invited to attend a meeting in the president's office.  Present were Johnson, Rusk, McNamara, Lemnitzer, and Dulles. ... Kennedy, motioning to Rusk, then asked Lansdale, "Has the secretary here mentioned that I wanted you to be ambassador to Vietnam?"  Lansdale replied that it would be an honor.  Pg. 5.  (wanted not want?)

Yet Rusk offered his resignation if Lansdale was made Operations Officer of the Presidential Task Force on Vietnam??? 

Edited by Ron Bulman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What evidence is there that LeMay was at the autopsy? I have a recollection of one anecdotal comment (by O'Connor?) about seeing LeMay there with his cigar. I can't recall anyone else saying he was there, and he was not on the list officially compiled at the scene. It's my impression that everybody wishes he was there, but that of course isn't evidence. But evidence is something I really do wish to see.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ron Ecker said:

What evidence is there that LeMay was at the autopsy? I have a recollection of one anecdotal comment (by O'Connor?) about seeing LeMay there with his cigar. I can't recall anyone else saying he was there, and he was not on the list officially compiled at the scene. It's my impression that everybody wishes he was there, but that of course isn't evidence. But evidence is something I really do wish to see.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I don't think there is any other direct evidence. But when the more complete AF 1 tapes were uncovered a few years ago I was struck by something not in the original excerpted tapes (new ones are also excerpts, just more of them) I was struck by something on them. LeMay's adjutant was overheard on the AF1 radio communications (at first I though he was on the plane but no, he was somewhere else) searching for LeMay's in flight location so he could deliver a message. There is no conclusion to that search on the tape. But there was a change of autopsy location from Walter Reed to Bethesda decided during the AF 1 flight. The thing is, getting to Bethesda was much easier from one particular airport than the others. LeMay had been vacationing somewhere in Canada, or near Canada - sorry I'm going from memory - but clearly he had cut the vacation short in order to board a plane and make his way somewhere, presumably because he knew about the assassination. So whatever his adjutant was trying to tell him it wasn't to be the bearer of news of the death of a president. So I surmise it was to let him know that the autopsy location had been changed. It's too bad we don't have the full tape - a few hours are missing - because it could  be very telling. When I dug this up I looked at flight times and determined to my own satisfaction that LeMay had enough time to get to Bethesda, provided he landed at the right airstrip.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...