Did the Dallas Radical Right kill JFK?

Paul Trejo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Jason Ward said:

This is a retarded joke.

Where are the documents or primary sources to support your laughable opinions?

It seems you have no clue as to the protocols nor the paper trails created around Hoover's strong interest in Walker.   As far as I can see, you are an expert at nothing except peddling opinion.  My documents that number in the dozens are on 30+ pages in this thread - where are yours?   

There are 100s of documents running into the 1000s of page concerning the watch FBI resources kept on Walker available at the Mary Ferrell site, much of it released this year - available free to anyone.  As usual, the laziness of someone who has zero interest nor apparent ability to do basic research is appalling.

Jason Ward

Jason:    PART ONE OF TWO PART REPLY

Since we do not know each other, I will give you some information which you may not know.  Notice that I am not resorting to unkind, rude, hostile or ad hominem insults about you or your comments about me.  This first part reply will pertain to some background about me.  Part two of my reply will respond specifically to the documents you shared.

1.  I have ALL the documents which you reproduced in your messages.

2.  In fact, I was the first person in our country to request and receive Walker's Dallas field office office (157-718).  I may have been the first person to receive his HQ file.

3.  One of the documents you copied is the FOIA cover letter received by Jim Lesar in reply to his FOIA request on Walker.  Notice the FOIA # = 382013 and that letter is dated March 22, 1996.   I obtained that exact same file on March 1, 1995.  It is almost certain that Jim was just sent copies of the documents which the FBI processed for me because the FBI does not re-process documents if they have already been released within 3 prior years.

4.  I have never claimed to be an "expert" about the FBI.  However, I am well known within the FOIA community because I have spent over 35 years making FOIA requests to the FBI -- so I have a lot of knowledge concerning their protocols -- and the methods they use to thwart requests or not provide relevant documents.   Literally HUNDREDS of historians, political scientists, students, researchers, journalists, and ordinary people have contacted me over those 35 years to request my assistance -- which I always have provided.  In fact, just a couple days ago I received a lengthy email from a undergrad student at Harvard University (a portion copied below).  

5.  I have donated THOUSANDS of FBI files to Internet Archive website as well as many major universities -- including University of Mississippi, University of California-Berkeley, New York University, University of Kansas.  As this is being written. the Center For Right Wing Studies at U.C. Berkeley is scanning my paper FBI files so that the resulting PDF files can be added to my already existing online collections on two separate webpages (links below).

FILES RECD BEFORE 2015:  https://archive.org/details/lazarfoia?and[]=mediatype%3A"collection"&sort=titleSorter

NOTE:  As of this morning, 673,364 people have accessed this pre-2015 portion of my FBI files collection.

FILES RECD AFTER 2015:    https://archive.org/details/@ernie1241

6.  Scores of authors have cited me in their books, newspaper/magazine articles, master's theses, doctoral dissertations and academic conference papers for documents which they received from me

ONE EXCERPT FROM THE TYPE OF MESSAGES WHICH I RECEIVE ALL THE TIME 

-----Original Message-----
To: ernie1241 <ernie1241@aol.com>
Sent: Thu, Oct 19, 2017 10:30 am
Subject: FBI Files re: Communist Party USA
Hello,  I'm an undergraduate student studying government at Harvard University, and I'm writing a senior thesis that will in part analyze CPUSA membership statistics from 1928-1939. In researching this topic, I came across the repositories of FBI documents you've successfully FOIAed over the years. Your collection of FBI files on the CPUSA is incredibly fascinating, and I've spend hours looking through them.

Edited by Ernie Lazar

13 hours ago, Michael Clark said:

I don't pretend to have thoroughly read everything that Jason just posted. I did read, however, Jason's claim that Ernie Lazar shares no documentation to support his contentions, and that is absurd. Ernie has shared voluminous texts and documents that expose Paul Trejo's fraudulency so deeply that Jason's attempt to keep Trejo's robes in order are embarrassing.

My look into Jason's documents bring two things to mind.

1. Ernie Lazar is right, The FBI was not actively perusing, surveilling or investigating Walker. Most of those documents are reports sent to, or up-to, dutifully, by citizens and ageants, the FBI, that are accounts and reports of concerned citizens. 

2. Likewise, those documents support my contention that the role of The Ridiculous Right and Racist elements, in the south, was to create smoke and fog, to obscure the impending plot. They were not part of the plot, beyond standing back, creating an expectation of a hit, and creating so much noise that resources were stretched too thin to foil the plot ahead of time and served to make it untraceable, after the fact.

Cheers,

Michael

PART TWO OF REPLY TO JASON WARD:

1.  Michael has recognized something which apparently escaped you.  If you want to discuss this in great detail, you may contact me directly at ernie1241@aol.com.  For now, however, let's discuss what your collection of reproduced FBI documents reveals (OR does not reveal).

2.  LET'S BEGIN WITH DEFINITIONS.

(a) Jason, as I'm sure you know, the FBI received information from literally scores of official government sources.  Often, that was raw information, i.e. an agency might just forward something which they received from someone -- without knowing if it was valid or bogus or exaggerated or half-truth or merely gossip, rumor, speculation, etc.  On other occasions, an agency would forward information which came from people (or devices) which they described as "reliable sources".

(b)  One of your messages mentions that the FBI had over 2000 pages of HQ file documents on Walker prior to JFK's murder and you think that has some significance for your argument.  Well, the FBI's HQ main file on the John Birch Society (62-104401) is 12,000 pages and there are thousands more pages of FBI field office main files on the JBS --along with yet more many thousands of pages on JBS-related subjects (such as front groups which the JBS created along with files on JBS publications, files on controversies which the JBS precipitated in local communities. etc.   NEVERTHELESS -- the FBI never opened an official investigation into the JBS!

(c)  In all of those JBS and JBS-related files you will see the exact same type of serials which you reproduced from Walker's file.   

(d)  The FBI created a very extensive "Contact Program" with all sorts of Bureau-friendly people including:

• retired FBI Agents,
  • veterans organizations (such as American Legion and VFW),
  • civic and professional organizations (such as the American Bar Association, American Civil Liberties Union, NAACP, etc)
  • newspaper publishers and journalists (especially Hearst newspapers),
  • retired senior military officers (especially if they had intelligence background--such as Gen. Ralph Van Deman) 
  • and contacts within many other types of organizations and institutions.
  • All FBI field offices also had a liaison agent with groups like Anti-Defamation League of B'nai B'rith -- and a LOT of info in FBI files about political extremists (left and right) and bigots of all sorts was provided by ADL

(e)  ALL of these people provided the FBI with what was usually unsolicited information.  In other words, during their everyday life they came into contact with information which they thought the FBI might like to know so they contacted their local FBI office or perhaps they even sent a letter to FBI HQ.

(f)  These sorts of casual contacts were recorded on a general intake form used by all FBI field offices -- i.e. FD-71 which sometimes was also known as a "Complaint Form" -- to record information which a field office received by phone, mail, or in-person.  [Also FD-72 was used.]

(f)   HOWEVER:  When the FBI actually opened an official investigation into some person or organization -- the entire character of the resulting FBI file changed. 

(1)  Instead of seeing just FD-71 or FD-72 forms, you begin to see actual case agent reports (often on FD-302's and FD-306's and other standard FBI forms).  In addition, when a field office wished to initiate any sort of surveillance (physical, electronic, wire tap, mail covers, trash covers, etc), there were specific forms used to request authorization (or renewal of authorization) from HQ.  (see link to list of forms in separate message below)

(2)  Normally, when someone was being "watched" or "tracked" by the FBI-- there would be regular reports from the Agents who conducted the surveillance.  Those agent's name(s) appear on each report along with details concerning what day(s) and time(s) their subject was being monitored -- and for what purpose.  [Normally, there was a specific schedule by which such reports were made.]

(3)   In many of the documents which you reproduced, you will notice the words "source stated" OR there are references such as "a source has advised" OR "a source which has furnished reliable information in the past"  -- etc. 

Obviously these are people outside the FBI who have contacted the FBI.  These are not case agents providing a summary of their own investigative activities.

BOTTOM-LINE

After 1962 (the University of MS incident), the FBI became much more interested in what Walker was doing -- particularly when they received information from KKK informants (which turned out to be false) that Walker might be planning some kind of insurrection if Goldwater lost the 1964 election.   

However, MOST of the information in Walker's HQ and field office files from 1963 onward consists of newspaper articles about Walker's activities sent to the FBI by interested parties, or unsolicited reports by Bureau-friendly "established sources" -- or even just from private citizens worried about Walker.

WHAT ARE ESTABLISHED SOURCES?

In February 1963, the SAC of the Tampa FBI field office sent a letterhead memo to FBI HQ which stated:   "The matters described in enclosed memo will be followed through established sources and Bureau will be kept advised of any pertinent developments."   The "matters" referred to the Hargis-Walker nationwide "Midnight Ride" speaking tour.

What does "established sources" mean?   

It refers to public records (such as newspaper/magazine articles - or incorporation documents or court proceedings or press releases or newsletters/pamphlets or even radio/TV interviews etc) along with receiving information from Bureau-friendly contacts who (quoting from a SAC Letter to all field offices) "who in time-proved dealings have been found discreet, reliable, and are in a position to furnish or obtain pertinent information."

In short (and in summary), the FBI did not instruct its Agents to conduct any sort of surveillance of Walker

INSTEAD, the Bureau just wanted its field offices to furnish HQ with any information that came into their possession from "established sources".   It was mostly a passive enterprise -- which explains why there often are GAPS in serial dates on FBI memos in Walker's files that are weeks or MONTHS in length.

ADDENDUM:

I should point out that there were occasions when the Bureau did NOT merely passively wait for receipt of information about Walker from outside sources.  For example:  I mentioned the alleged KKK insurrection plot---which resulted in an entirely new investigative file being opened. 

In addition, Walker's name kept coming up with respect to his connections to Klan leaders and organizations as well as to other white supremacy groups. 

As part of their intelligence function, the Bureau always wanted to keep apprised of all such information.  Consequently, a field office might have been asked to look into what Walker did/said when he was the featured speaker at some event.   

But my point continues to be that there was no ongoing "tracking" of Walker -- in the normal meaning of that term.   

IF you want to see how the Bureau ACTUALLY "tracked" or "watched" or monitored someone -- try reviewing the FBI investigative files on the CPUSA.  There was a specific schedule by which Agents had to provide updated summaries regarding the residence address, phone number, employment, travel, meetings attended, and the activities of CPUSA officials. 

In THOSE files, there are NOT gaps of weeks or months between reports -- because almost all of those folks were on the Bureau's Security Index -- which means they were scheduled for apprehension and detention in the case of national emergency.  So, obviously, the Bureau had to know (at all times) where those people lived and worked and what vehicles they owned, what banks they used, etc.

One last point:  If you look at Walker's HQ and Dallas field office files, you will notice that the primary investigative file (Dallas 157-218) begins February 1963 and the last substantive serial is dated in September 1968.

Basically, the Bureau lost interest in Walker because the Dallas field office reported to HQ in February 1968 that Walker "had led a very quiet life" for "the past several years" -- and he was no longer involved in "racial activities".   

Edited by Ernie Lazar

I read through all of Jason's documents and in addition to what Ernie points out about sources I'm struck by the relatively tame portrait of Walker that emerges.

Jason, Ernie, Paul, anyone else reading this - can any of you confirm a visit by Walker to Italy, presumably in the '60's, where he met with General de Lorenzo, head of Sifar and the Carabiniere? 

2 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

I read through all of Jason's documents and in addition to what Ernie points out about sources I'm struck by the relatively tame portrait of Walker that emerges.

Jason, Ernie, Paul, anyone else reading this - can any of you confirm a visit by Walker to Italy, presumably in the '60's, where he met with General de Lorenzo, head of Sifar and the Carabiniere? 

I don't recall any info about that

Incidentally, if anyone wishes to see a list of the types of forms which field offices were required to submit in order to get permission to conduct surveillance of any person (regardless of the method used), you can check my webpage here (scroll toward bottom of webpage):

https://sites.google.com/site/ernie124102/foia/fbi-info

Significantly, you will NOT find these forms in Walker's HQ or Dallas field file.

The Church Committee Report says Walker is a domestic intelligence target of the Army, information shared with the FBI:
Church_Committee_Reports.png

"These imprecise criteria led to the creation of intelligence files on nearly 100,000 Americans, including Dr. Martin Luther King Junior, Major General Edwin walker, Julian Bond, Joan Baez, Dr. Spock, Reverend William Sloane coffin, congressman Abner mikvah, Senator Adlai Stevenson III, as well as clergyman, teachers,  journalists, editors,  Attorneys, industrialists, a laborer, a construction worker, railroad engineers, a postal worker, a taxi driver, a chiropractor, a doctor, a chemist, an economist, an historian, a playwright, an accountant, an entertainer, professors, a radio announcer, athletes, business executives and authors-all of whom became subjects of Army files simply because of their participation in political protests or their association with those who were engaged in such political activity."

Just in case a casual reader finds him or herself as impressed as Jason is with his postings, but is not carefully and critically evaluating the material presented, as Jason doe'nt, the above quote, which I transcribed out of the above photo-copied page, points to the exact opposite conclusion that Jason Ward is trying to make. The attention given to General Walker by the Army is hardly distinguishing Walker as anyone of any substance, and on the same level of concern or threat as your average tradesman.

Paul Trejo has repeatedly said that he repeats, ad infinitum, his nonsense, in order to influence the casual reader. It is clear that Jason Ward comes from the same school of non-thought; and apparently, both prefer to stay at a "Holiday inn Express" every night.

Edited by Michael Clark

As I was reviewing some of my notes re: Walker's HQ and Dallas field files, I noticed a few items that can assist everyone with respect to ascertaining and evaluating the nature and scope of the FBI's interest in Walker.  In addition, this information can also help resolve the question of whether or not the FBI was "watching" or "tracking" Walker.

(1)  In February 1964, Dallas received information from the FBI office in New Orleans concerning an individual in Shreveport LA who was active in Klan affairs.  This Klan member met Walker in Tyler TX. 

A Dallas field office notation on the memo discussing this matter made the following observations:

"Walker is of considerable interest to the Dallas Field Division because of his extensive anti-administration and anti-integration activities and possible connections with groups or individuals of similar extreme views."

(2)  In August 1963, the Bureau wanted to know if Walker planned to attend the forthcoming "March on Washington" and, especially, if he was planning to participate in any counter-demonstrations that right-wing extremists were discussing.  So, on August 6th, J. Edgar Hoover sent instructions to SAC-Dallas to keep HQ apprised of any information they discovered concerning Walker's plans.

A notation on the file copy of this memo is as follows:

"No active investigation is to be made but the above should be handled through established sources and/or informants in a discreet manner in such a way that no word will be transmitted to General Walker concerning this interest."

It should be self-evident that if the FBI is not conducting an "active investigation" into a person or organization, then there would be no basis for "tracking" or "watching" them.  This will become apparent when you consider the next item.

(3)  On August 27, 1963, the SAC-Dallas sent Hoover a teletype concerning information they received from a Dallas Police Department detective who told the FBI field office that Dallas PD had no information about Walker planning to attend the March on Washington.

The SAC of the Dallas field office then handwrote a comment on this memo addressed to Jim Hosty (the primary case agent for Walker-related matters).  The SAC wrote:

"Jim - Get some sources close enough to Walker to keep abreast of his movements."

Obviously, if the FBI was "watching" or "tracking" Walker -- they would already have had "sources close enough to Walker to keep abreast of his movements".  

(4)  This situation is repeated in an October 1963 memo from Agent Jim Hosty to SAC-Dallas.  Hosty's summary observed that:

"A review of this file reflects that there is no outstanding investigation at this time.  This writer will be alert to develop established sources against this subject, however, this case should be closed."

The SAC of Dallas office then told Hosty:  "Jim: Work on a source or sources.  We need some coverage."

So--from this exchange we learn two things:

(a)  The primary case agent for Walker matters thought that Walker's file should be closed -- because there was nothing of significance to investigate that fell under FBI jurisdiction.

(b)  For a second time in two months, the SAC of the Dallas office told Hosty to develop some "source or sources" to keep abreast of Walker's activities because the FBI had no such coverage.  Instead, the FBI relied entirely upon "established sources" and Walker's file is filled with serials that reflect what that means.  There are numerous references to newspaper articles about Walker.  There are many memos concerning reports received from Dallas or other Texas law enforcement officials.  There are letters received from concerned citizens -- some of whom had contacts with Walker OR contacts with someone else who had contact with Walker.  There are contacts from the News Director of a local Dallas TV station.  There are memos from other FBI offices which report information that they received about Walker -- which they forwarded to Dallas.  There are phone calls to the Dallas office from people who have information they wanted to bring to the Bureau's attention, etc.

(5)  Later, there was more intense interest in Walker because Dallas and FBI HQ developed more information about Walker's connections to Klan and paramilitary right-wing organizations.  And, of course, the attempted murder of Walker triggered more interest along with Walker's public statements about "a Communist cell" operating in Dallas.  But when Walker was interviewed about that claim, he had no specific information to share.

Edited by Ernie Lazar

On 10/20/2017 at 6:16 PM, Jason Ward said:

I never post anything unless it is factual from primary sources.

Prepare yourself for a dozen+ documents proving you wrong.  Walker was being watched closely by Hoover, closer than perhaps anyone in the US.

Jason Ward

Jason,

Cheers to you for the hard work you're doing on the Mary Ferrell web site.

Also, thanks for putting Ernie Lazar in his place after so many years of his insults on this Forum.  Very well done.

Your growing, professional-grade library of the FBI monitoring General Walker in 1963 is going to overwhelm the JFK CT community, I predict, with information they have been deliberately ignoring for a half-century, out of "Psychological Denial."

The wastage of paper and ink over a half-century of silly CIA-did-it, LBJ-did-it, Mafia-did-it or Reds-did-it Conspiracy Theories is pathetic.  Worse yet is the psychology of denial in blocking out of the public forum the behavior of the Radical Right in Dallas, and the extent of their power over the local Dallas government.

It will take a few more months of digging, I predict, because you have so little help.  But once the snowball reaches a certain size, it will overwhelm everything in its path.  The TRUTH is finally on the way.

To the Reader:  If you're not ready for the coming avalanche by now, I sincerely advise that you find and read the recent book by Dr. Jeff Caufield, entitled, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: the Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy (2015).  That book will bring you up to speed as of 2015.   Jason Ward is bringing us up to present time.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

5 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

Jason,

Also, thanks for putting Ernie Lazar in his place after so many years of his insults on this Forum.  Very well done.

Your growing, professional-grade library of the FBI monitoring General Walker in 1963 is going to overwhelm the JFK CT community, I predict, with information they have been deliberately ignoring for a half-century, out of "Psychological Denial."

The wastage of paper and ink over a half-century of silly CIA-did-it, LBJ-did-it, Mafia-did-it or Reds-did-it Conspiracy Theories is pathetic.  Worse yet is the psychology of denial in blocking out of the public forum the behavior of the Radical Right in Dallas, and the extent of their power over the local Dallas government.

It will take a few more months of digging, I predict, because you have so little help.  But once the snowball reaches a certain size, it will overwhelm everything in its path.  The TRUTH is finally on the way.

To the Reader:  If you're not ready for the coming avalanche by now, I sincerely advise that you find and read the recent book by Dr. Jeff Caufield, entitled, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: the Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy (2015).  That book will bring you up to speed as of 2015.   Jason Ward is bringing us up to present time.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Paul,

I appreciate the kind words but I really don't want any recognition or praise.  I want the truth and I want those with new ideas to support what they think with evidence.  That's all.  Ernie Lazar and DiEugenio and Garrison and several others have contributed to our knowledge and deserve recognition; I disagree with all of them to some extent, but I appreciate their work.  I have zero appreciation nor tolerance for their ego and unquenchable desire for admiration - these days they prefer adoring respect and public worship more than they prefer the truth.  Their first purpose is to defend themselves, their ego, and fragile identity as an "expert," even if it means sacrificing the evidence and obscuring the true identity of Kennedy's killers.

Jason

Edited by Jason Ward

Jason

We all want the truth. That's why we're here. We can find a lot better places for ego gratification than this forum.

You've provided many documents but you still haven't solved the crime. It just seems you are throwing things up hoping some people on this forum believe your theory thinking more people believing your theory over another theory means you must be right. That works for democracy but it won't lead us to the truth in this case.

Paul says you're not there yet and that you need more time, a few more months. I've been waiting years for the truth I guess I can wait a few more months.

Edited by George Sawtelle

1 hour ago, Jason Ward said:

Paul,

I appreciate the kind words but I really don't want any recognition or praise.  I want the truth and I want those with new ideas to support what they think with evidence.  That's all.  Ernie Lazar and DiEugenio and Garrison and several others have contributed to our knowledge and deserve recognition; I disagree with all of them to some extent, but I appreciate their work.  I have zero appreciation nor tolerance for their ego and unquenchable desire for admiration - these days they prefer adoring respect and public worship more than they prefer the truth.  Their first purpose is to defend themselves, their ego, and fragile identity as an "expert," even if it means sacrificing the evidence and obscuring the true identity of Kennedy's killers.

Jason

I have no clue why you would characterize any of the writers and researchers in that way. Adoring respect and public worship? Youve gone too far. Seems like your ego is the big one.

Edited by Paul Brancato

9 hours ago, Jason Ward said:

Paul,

Jason

When have I ever said or written that I want "admiration" or "public worship"?  Is it your position that challenging (with factual evidence) what someone (like Paul Trejo) asserts without any evidence becomes, ipso facto, a desire for admiration and public worship?

Facts matter.   Apparently, you have never read any of the lengthy debates which Paul and I have had about all kinds of subjects.  He routinely attributes beliefs or positions to me (and to other people) with never once providing one scintilla of factual evidence to support his claims and when challenged to do so -- he refuses.   All he ever does is offer his opinions -- which is normally fine -- as long as you clearly state you are offering opinions---not factual evidence.

P.S.  -- Don't most people who want admiration or public worship seek publicity?  Then you need to explain why, I have always avoided publicity or recognition.  In fact, when one historian offered, on several occasions, to put me in touch with his publisher -- I politely declined.

Edited by Ernie Lazar

14 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

Jason,

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

At least Paul acknowledges his real intentions here.  He does not want actual truth or a fact-based discussion.  He just wants someone to do what he cannot, i.e. "put Ernie Lazar in his place" -- because Paul believes that pointing out his numerous falsehoods (including his credulous acceptance of every syllable that comes out Harry Dean's mouth) amounts to an insult.

Significantly, as I have pointed out before, the ONE subject about which most contributors on this website agree upon is that Paul Trejo is NOT a serious or credible analyst -- and I suspect that most readers here now agree that Harry Dean's narrative is bogus (even if they originally thought it might be true).

4 minutes ago, Ernie Lazar said:

(1)  In what specific ways do you maintain that the FBI "monitored" Walker?  Please be specific.  

(2)  How do you distinguish between passive acceptance of incoming information about Walker (from whatever source it originated) versus taking active measures?   Why would a case agent recommend that a file be closed on somebody if (as you claim) the FBI was "monitoring" Walker?  And what, exactly, was the "monitoring" (i.e. keeping someone under systematic review) designed to accomplish with respect to Walker?