The Education Forum

Did the Dallas Radical Right kill JFK?

Paul Trejo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK -- I've gone through about 70% of the FBI docs.  I was especially interested in FBI files from the 89-series classification.  That classification is for reports of threats to the President or other senior elected officials.

What I hoped to find was some document that would confirm that Harry Dean told the FBI about the "JBS plot".  I did not find anything in the FBI docs.  However, I then stumbled across an extremely significant Secret Service document which is item #356 of the most recent release with the NARA # 180-10065-10379.  This is a 413 page Secret Service summary of persons who had threatened the President.  This file includes references to reports received from the FBI or from informants.

There were many listings for people connected to the JBS, Minutemen, American Nazi Party, Constitution Party, and various white supremacy groups like Indignant White Citizens Council.  All the "usual suspects" have a record -- including:  Stanley Drennan, Joseph Milteer, George King Jr., Kenneth Lamar Adams, Thomas Vallee, Edward R. Fields, etc.

However, NOT surprisingly, there is NO record which mentions any report from Harry Dean

Almost everything in the FBI docs that I reviewed was information already known except (in many cases) the identity of the informant name(s) is (are) not redacted.  Many of the Cuba-related documents discuss the Fair Play For Cuba Committee.  I saw about two dozen memos re FPCC.  Significantly, NONE of the FBI memos from 1961-1965 contain a reference to any information received from Harry Dean.  In fact, many (perhaps most) of the FBI file numbers shown at the bottom of the memos (which identify the file numbers where the FPCC info originated) routinely refer to New York City files.

Another noteworthy fact:   There are literally dozens of memos that do not contain ANYTHING worthy of being classified and withheld for 54 years!

FOR EXAMPLE:  I found two separate records which were duplicates.  One is from the FBI HQ main file on the JFK Assassination (62-109060, serial #7376) and the duplicate is from FBI file 89-43, serial #9642.  Both of these memos discuss what a Dallas Morning News reporter (Earl Golz) received in 1963 from a former FBI Special Agent who later became the Director of Security for Hunt Oil Company (Paul Rothermel).  I have previously posted messages here in EF which summarized what this memo reported. 

Here is what they withheld for 54 years:  The first 9 characters of the first sentence was previously redacted.  The first 9 characters was a reference to the symbol code being used for a Dallas FBI informant i.e. "DL-1961-PCI"  The "PCI" means "potential criminal informant" and "PCI" is also redacted several other times in that memo.

THIS is why I have previously stated that no FOIA decisions should EVER be left to government bureaucrats.  ALL decisions concerning redactions or denials or excisions should be made by an entirely independent commission with no possibility of appeal by any agency AND there should be a law passed stating that ALL government documents which are 20 or more years old, should be released in their entirety.  The only exceptions being war plans, or codes which would enable our adversaries to decipher secret or top secret documents and the identity of any living informant (but if the birthdate of that person is 80 or more years ago, it should be released anyway). 

22 minutes ago, Jason Ward said:

I've seen many CIA-as-omnipotent theorists here say they feel Mexico City is the key to unravelling the assassination.

Before, during, and, after the assassination, the CIA knows everything that's going on, and why, at the US, Soviet, and Cuban embassies, because all 3 are effectively CIA stations penetrated by double agents:

Screen_Shot_2017_10_26_at_8_45_42_PM.png

QUESTION

for the CIA-did-it-CTers:

If Mexico City was a CIA managed operation with Oswald doing as ordered every step of the way, why is there so much CIA traffic around CIA efforts to pin down what Oswald is doing, whether the handwriting on the visa application matches Oswald's, concern about where to find examples of Oswald's handwriting, and what exactly was said to Oswald by the Cuban and Soviet embassies?   They would know all of this already if they were running the show and would not care about such matters.

Screen_Shot_2017_10_26_at_9_07_18_PM.png

39 minutes ago, Jason Ward said:

There's lots of little avenues to explore like the mention below of Ray Edge.

Fine, so Edge (which may itself be a protective pseudonym) says he doesn't know Oswald or Ruby.  Neither do I.   But what is it about Ray Edge that causes the FBI to even ask him about Oswald and Ruby in November of 63????

I'm thinking anyone who the FBI imagines is in the same circles as Oswald and/or Ruby might be worth looking at further.

Screen_Shot_2017_10_26_at_8_28_13_PM.png

51 minutes ago, Jason Ward said:

FBI agent Hosty is an intriguing character.

Unless the evidence around Hosty was specifically tagged as Kennedy-related by some government functionary at some point, all the Hosty stuff is just sitting pristinely unreleased in the National Archives, waiting for a real researcher to give us a real picture of what Hosty was up to during this period.

Jason

Screen_Shot_2017_10_26_at_8_11_59_PM.png

1 hour ago, Jason Ward said:

My thesis on the assassination will have a large part advancing my theory that Hoover's marginalia tells us flash insights in to the FBI director.  This handwritten material is almost entirely hidden by OCR-driven finding aids and electronic search tools so is among the least studied aspects of JFK evidence.

as JEH says...Watch out!

Screen_Shot_2017_10_26_at_8_07_48_PM.png

1 hour ago, Jason Ward said:

Some of Ruby's hookers drift through Ohio at various times, and there is an ultra right sect active in the Southern part of the state associated with General Walker; and some of 007 secret agent Ruth Paine's family is from Ohio --- even so the exceptionally large interest and intense canvassing of CIs in Ohio after the assassination remains largely a mystery afaik.  

What did Hoover think he might uncover in Ohio???

Screen_Shot_2017_10_26_at_7_55_27_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017_10_26_at_7_59_48_PM.png