The Education Forum

“My friendship with him was perhaps the longest he’d ever had.”

I'm curious as to whether this fellow was ever interviewed by the FBI, the WC, the HSCA or whether any of these types of insights on Oswald were offered then...rather than over 50 years later?   He certainly seems like the sort of person the FBI should have located an his thoughts would certainly have been eagerly accepted in regards to motive. 

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 4:23 PM, Larry Hancock said:

I'm curious as to whether this fellow was ever interviewed by the FBI, the WC, the HSCA or whether any of these types of insights on Oswald were offered then...rather than over 50 years later?   He certainly seems like the sort of person the FBI should have located an his thoughts would certainly have been eagerly accepted in regards to motive. 

From the Baylor Collection

Edited by David Josephs

Thanks David, although I remembed some of the remarks in those documents from long ago I did not recall the source.  Much appreciated....now is it me or are the remarks in the FBI documents a lot milder than what shows up in his recent writing?  Certainly the FBI always interviews with a checklist of certain types of questions but I don't see any of the rather strong observations about Oswald's temper, emotions, etc in those interviews, especially in the summary.

You're welcome Larry....     That's Gregory's father next to Marina...

Peter Paul Gregory is father to Paul Roderick Gregory

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/10/magazine/lee-harvey-oswald-was-my-friend.html  

About a week later, my father and I drove 10 minutes from our house to Lee and Marina Oswald’s new home, a cramped one-bedroom duplex near the Montgomery Ward building. Their yard had a hardscrabble lawn burned yellow by the Texas summer sun, and the front door stood on a little porch, up a single concrete step. My father was taken by Marina. She was an engaging young woman who had already overcome a great deal — she was reared in a war-ravaged St. Petersburg (then Leningrad) littered with unmarked graves — and he wanted to help her. He asked Marina if she would offer me Russian lessons. Before we even set a fee, Marina agreed to see me twice a week. She seemed happy for the company.

The next Tuesday, at around 6 p.m., Marina invited me in for my first lesson. The Oswald living room was extraordinarily bare; there was a shabby sofa and chair and a worn coffee table where a copy of Time magazine featuring John F. Kennedy as its Man of the Year was prominently displayed

59dd0e8ec465f_PeterGregoryandMarina.jpg.da6e765a8ec8aaec7d0afb16686176f0.jpg

What is the context of this photo of Peter Paul Gregory sitting next to Marina?

Is this after JFK 11,22,1963?

Is that why Marina is being recorded?

What is Peter Paul Gregory's involvement with this photo?

Any chance Peter Paul Gregory has some background with agencies?

Joe,   I believe this is during some translation...

Sorry that I don't know the other two in the room...  Larry?  :P

You'll find that all Russian to English and back again was done by friendly members of the Dallas White Russian Community....  (no, not lovers of the drink.. lol)

I sometimes wonder if those translation had ever been checked for accuracy...

DJ

David, its pure speculation but its hard for me to think this sort of set up along with photos was done before the assassination.  I wonder if this is one of the several official interviews Marina was given afterwards. Those were recorded and there are transcripts.