The Education Forum

John T Martin

Tom Hume

For background on the good work that Paul Trejo (and others) have done on the “John T Martin” film and it’s relationship to General Edwin A Walker, visit the “Jack T Martin” thread linked below.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/23168-jack-t-martin/

And here’s a link to the “John T Martin” film at the 6th Floor Museum:

And now for something completely different (but possibly related):

220px-_John_Martins_Book_January_1921.jp

"John Martin’s Book” was a very popular children’s magazine published in the US between 1912 and 1933, and even though it was fairly expensive, the children’s section of many libraries around the country stocked the full collection up through the 1950s and beyond.The famous mathematician, philosopher, and puzzle genius, Martin Gardner, called John Martin’s Book a “pioneering publication”, and years after the magazine went out of business, Martin Gardner edited and republished the most popular section of the magazine, the “Peter Puzzlemaker” segments.

.Unknown-4.jpg

A prominent and pertinent puzzle in the John Martin Peter Puzzlemaker book is called the “Big ‘T’ Puzzle”, and it’s on pages 63 and 64. On page 63, we, the puzzle solvers, are supposed to use an assortment of geometric pieces and arrange them to form a big letter “T”. On page 64, we are presented with a detailed cartoon of Peter Puzzlemaker standing next to his huge completed “T”. Here on page 64, we are now supposed to find the anomaly in the picture presented. 

Even though there are often breathtaking similarities between the Peter Puzzlemaker book and Richard Case Nagell's system, from this speculative piece of information I’m not necessarily claiming that John Martin’s book was the genesis of the John T Martin film-stunt. but I will say that in my view, Richard Case Nagell was a puzzle genius and would probably have been drawn toward Peter Puzzlemaker sorts of literature at a very young age. The letter “T” is a very big deal in Richard Nagell’s puzzle system - it's the puzzle designation for his number one tactic for preventing the assassination: “T” is the puzzle designation for Jerry B Belknap, and Jerry’s fit was designed to force the motorcade to take an alternative route. 

The assassination and the events leading up to it are filled with anomalies that are, in my view, themselves filled with Richard’s puzzles - anomalies and puzzles that surround the activities of Lee Harvey Oswald and the person impersonating him, and the evidence designed to incriminate Lee as the assassin. 

There is a point to this post and the one to follow. From about 1:13 to 1:28 in the John T Martin film, we see rather dark images of two young men, and my reading of the puzzles associated with John T Martin and Edwin A Walker appear to indicate that the two young men are Jerry B Belknap and Lee Harvey Oswald. I speculate that Richard Case Nagell purposely made the images dark so they would be overlooked, but on close examination, he also knew that they could be brought to light through photographic manipulation. 

Here is a screenshot I took at 1:20, and if I'm on the right track, this will turn out to be some dandy footage of Lee Harvey Oswald making a cameo appearance.

TSBD_4_1_24_EDITED.jpg

In my next post, I’ll supply some puzzle indications supporting my belief, and also continue my plea to those that are adept at video manipulation to bring out the images, to find the intended anomaly nearly hidden in this John T Martin film - 1:13 through 1:28.

Talented video people brought out some of the Prayer Man image from near total darkness. Clarity and detail-wise, this short piece of John T Martin video appears much more promising. 

Tom

PS: Paul Trejo, I don’t see the name "Jack" fitting anywhere in this scenario. If somebody, someplace, sometime, referred to John T Martin as Jack, I suspect it might have been a casual mistake that’s turned into an infecting virus that has only served to slow us down. I also think there is not an actual real-live John T Martin associated with this Walker stunt. But I am curious as all get out about who used this name, John T Martin, when turning over a second copy of the film to Gary Mack two years ago. 

Edited by Tom Hume

Tom, do you have any interest in this fellow? (I've had a CT'er's curiosity about him, but no place to offer it, I figured I would insert a blurb here)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/T._H._White

White died of heart failure on 17 January 1964 aboard ship in Piraeus (Athens, Greece), en route to Alderney from a lecture tour in the United States.[2] He is buried in First Cemetery of Athens. In 1977 The Book of Merlyn, a conclusion to The Once and Future King, was published posthumously. His papers are held by the University of Texas at Austin.[12]

Hi Michael,

No, T. H. White has never been on my nightstand (nor on my mind much), but I really liked what Disney did with White’s “The Sword in the Stone” in 1963. White died in 1964 - I wonder what he thought of Walt’s rendering?

Why do you ask?

Lately I’ve been reading works that are, or appear to me to be, source material for some of Richard Case Nagell’s stunts. Specifically, (1) Robert Louis Stevenson, the apparent source for two of the ICO group’s aliases, “A. J. Hidell (Strange case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde), and Igor Vladimirs Vaganov’s alias, “John Nicholson” (Stevenson’s “The Misadventures of John Nicholson). Also apparent in Richard Nagell’s puzzle system are works by, (2) L. Frank Baum, author of “The Wizard of Oz” and “The Master Key”.

Tom

Edited by Tom Hume

33 minutes ago, Tom Hume said:

Hi Michael,

Why do you ask?

Tom

The coincidentalist in me wonders how he, on a boat from the USA to England, ends up being declared dead, and subsequently buried, in a Greek port; on January 17, 1964. His papers lie in a Houston, Texas univiserity. His background is odd. It would be interesting to see his US book-tour schedule.

Please forgive the off-topic poke.

cheers,

Michael

Edited by Michael Clark

On 10/12/2017 at 7:09 PM, Tom Hume said:

PS: Paul Trejo, I don’t see the name "Jack" fitting anywhere in this scenario. If somebody, someplace, sometime, referred to John T Martin as Jack, I suspect it might have been a casual mistake that’s turned into an infecting virus that has only served to slow us down. I also think there is not an actual real-live John T Martin associated with this Walker stunt. But I am curious as all get out about who used this name, John T Martin, when turning over a second copy of the film to Gary Mack two years ago. 

Tom,

Interesting thesis, as usual.   As for the name "Jack" in the John T Martin scenario -- he was called "Jack" just as JFK was often called "Jack" by the rules of 1963 grammar for nicknames.

Also, the first time I heard about the so-called "Jack Martin" film was from the snail mail catalog sent out by Martin Shackelford in the 1990's.  

At first I thought Jack Martin was the "Jack S. Martin" who worked for Guy Banister at 544 Camp Street in New Orleans.  But as Gary Schoener explained to me personally, in his early work with Harold Weisberg, they met John T. Martin in 1968, and he "Gary" and John were just about the same age - young men in their mid-20's.

So -- the men are completely different.  This "John T. Martin" was evidently a member of the Minutemen, and also a former US Army soldier under General Walker in Augsburg, Germany, 1960-1961.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

On 10/12/2017 at 6:31 PM, Tom Hume said:

Hi Michael,

No, T. H. White has never been on my nightstand (nor on my mind much), but I really liked what Disney did with White’s “The Sword in the Stone” in 1963. White died in 1964 - I wonder what he thought of Walt’s rendering?

Why do you ask?

Lately I’ve been reading works that are, or appear to me to be, source material for some of Richard Case Nagell’s stunts. Specifically, (1) Robert Louis Stevenson, the apparent source for two of the ICO group’s aliases, “A. J. Hidell (Strange case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde), and Igor Vladimirs Vaganov’s alias, “John Nicholson” (Stevenson’s “The Misadventures of John Nicholson). Also apparent in Richard Nagell’s puzzle system are works by, (2) L. Frank Baum, author of “The Wizard of Oz” and “The Master Key”.

Tom

Tom, in reading T.White's wiki and then your entry here, I had one of those weird coincidental dot connections that just unexpectedly pop up in your brain now and then.

Seemingly meaningless but curious in their origin. Perhaps like hearing a verse in an old poem or musical chord in a melody that triggers a similar connection to something in one's past that you can't even identify.

Crossover zaps in our brain's memory banks?

You mention the connection between Nagell's puzzle including references to Baum's "Wizard Of Oz?"

In the film "Zardoz" ( combined from WiZARD Of OZ ) John Boorman gives his main protagonist ( Sean Connery ) the name of "Zed."

Curiously, this is the name of the young boy T. White professed a love for according to his Wiki biography link.

I have not read the two apocalyptic novels White wrote. Curious if they contain anything even close to the kind of "end of status quo life " apocalyptic story line of the film "Zardoz."

As Connery's "Zed" in the film Zardoz is beginning his journey to end the manipulative control ( much of it through fear )  by the Eternals over the "Brutals" in this film, he is purposely led to Baum's book "The Wizard Of Oz" in an Eternal's library, which helps him understand who the secret rulers behind the "Great and Powerful Oz" curtain really are and their selfish corruption and weaknesses as something less than Gods. 

Kind of makes me wonder who the "Brutals" were in 1963 who savagely slaughtered JFK and who their true manipulators were hiding behind their own cloaking OZ like curtain?

Connery's "Zed" was a purposely created Superman ( mix of Eternal and Brutal ) whose purpose was to end the out-of-balance with nature scheme of things with the corrupt Eternals running everything simply to indulge their pampered, meaningless and ultimately degenerate existence.

Were Jim Garrison and Mark Lane and other like minded person's kind of  "Zeds?" in their self-motivated efforts to discover who was behind the "Great and Powerul Oz" curtain regards the JFK event of 11,22,1963.

Just some curious meanderings triggered by your take on Richard Case Nagel.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Thanks for the tip, Joe. According to the Wikipedia article, Zardoz was a box office flop but became a cult classic. Looks like a complex plot and maybe my kind of movie. Tomorrow I’ll see if my library can get it, and also see what’s on the shelves by T. H. White. I feel a slight connection with Sean Connery anyway, because back in the 1980s, people said I resembled him, both of us having grey beards and ponytails. A group of people approached me at an airport one time, and one of the women said, “Excuse me sir, you’re Sean Connery, aren’t you? And I, of course, said, “Yes, I am”.

Thanks for your input above Paul, and for all your digging on this strange Martin film. You and I are getting our information from different places, have different axes to grind, and as a result are slightly at odds about who we think was behind the film and the purpose it was intended to serve. 

Maslow said, “...it is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail.” And I’m treating the John T Martin film as if it were a Richard Case Nagell puzzle - and I truly believe it is. I decided to start this different John T Martin thread to stay out of the way of those over on your Jack T Martin thread. I will be getting into Nagell puzzle solving 101 and will likely be boring and confusing a lot people.

The puzzle material I will be working with is in quotes:

(1) “Edwin Anderson Walker”

(2) “General Edwin A Walker”

(3) “Minute Men”

(4) “John T Martin”

(5) “1752 Iglehart Apt. 4”

(6) “St. Paul 4, Minnesota”

(7) Sex: “M”, Age: “17”, Occupation: “student”

(8) Hobbies and skills: “music, coin collecting, chess, microscopy”

At 32 letters, and being too long for a Nagell anagram puzzle, number “8” above is clearly intended to be an “isogram” puzzle.

An “isogram” puzzle is generally a longer piece of discourse where all of the multiple letters are removed to leave a much shorter group of intended puzzle letters. The ICO puzzles often call this the “onion”. The word “ONION” would become the isogram, “ONI”, for example.

Here’s another example from what I believe is totally made up name, “IGOR VLADIMIRS VAGANOV”. This can anagram to:

“A GRAND ISOGRAM: OVLIIVV”

In this case, we are to “isogram” just the last seven letters. This leaves us with:

“A GRAND ISOGRAM: LO IV”

Lee Oswald and his doppleganger ally, Igor Vaganov.

At any rate, the Hobbies and shills line reads:

”MUSIC, COIN COLLECTING, CHESS, MICROSCOPY” 

(it might be noticed that all words above start with “M” or “C”)

Removing the multiple letters leaves us with:

“MUSICONLETGHRPY”

This puzzle to be anagrammed appears to be a primary puzzle in the group, and later I will attempt to show that key features in the John T Martin film are time-stamped by anagrams of this 15-letter isogram.

It will probably be a while before I’m ready to tear the John T Martin stuff apart, and for those that want to work ahead, you’ll need the number/letter translation device at the bottom of the post.

You should find time stamps for things that are clearly visible in the film, but also time stamps for periods of near darkness. The dark areas are where our filmmakers are hiding, and some lighting manipulation, I submit, is what the filmmakers want us to do - your anagram answers should tell you this.

The cast of characters are Richard Case Nagell (RCN), Lee Harvey Oswald (LHO), Jerry B Belknap (T, or, TN, or TBN), and, of course, Edwin A Walker. You will probably run into Huey P Long as well, and I’m not really sure what that’s all about yet. Why Jerry B Belknap is known as “T”, “TN”, or, “TBN”, in the ICO puzzles has been explained by me in previous posts, and I’ll do that again at some time later. 

Once again, I’ll give a shout out to those that are good hands at manipulating video, those that could bring Jerry B Belknap and Lee Harvey Oswald out of the shadows between 1:14 thru 1:27.

Screen shot at 1:20 of the John T Martin film:

TSBD_4_1_24_EDITED.jpg

Link to the John T Martin film:

Tom
(A=0)(B=1)(C=2)(D=3)(E=4)(F=5)(G=6)(H=7)(I=8)(J=9)(K=10)(L=11)(M=12)(N=13)(O=14)(P=15)(Q=16)(R=17)(S=18)(T=19)(U=20)(V=21)(W=22)(X=23)(Y=24)(Z=25) 

Edited by Tom Hume

Tom, I was one of the few who actually went to see the film Zardoz when it first came out.

I loved the film.

Connery put on a lot of weight on his already large bone frame for the film and he was always shown half naked with no cosmetic touches to his extensive body hair.  He truly looked like a larger than average Neanderthal. Kind of an Ape/Man.

A serious brute who, while riding a horse, would run down his fellow slave class and rape and slaughter them just to keep the population under control.

However, despite Connery's frightening look and personae, he is endowed with brain power equal to the Eternals who have dominated his kind for centuries.

I highly recommend seeing the film twice, once again right after the first viewing.

You don't see the subtler messages as much when you see the film for the first time.

The visual brutality is too graphic and powerful and it dominates your first impression and contemplations the first viewing.