The Education Forum

Question about two men with Jack Ruby

Jim Root

Jim, Seth Kantor covers that and most other events of the evening and

next day in great detail. I don't recall if he actually gives the fellows names but he did interview some of the press who were there and Ruby was offering to server as a translator, to make introductions and basically to do anything he could to mingle with the press and gain accesss with the press.

I'd highly recommend Kantor's work on this as it totally explodes the WC myth that Ruby acted impulsively on Sunday morning. He clearly had an agenda going from the early evening of the day of the assassination all the way to his shooting of Oswald.

-- Larry

Thank you Larry for your prompt reply.

I've read several accounts about the press corp that evening. The seminars prompted me to reread the WC Summary dealing with Ruby. I do not believe Kantor or any others have identified who those two men with Ruby were (please correct me if I am wrong). I understand that Ruby told people that he was an interpetor and even arranged interviews with the DA for a radio station. I've also read that Ruby spoke some Yiddish and it was implied that he was working with some members of the Isreali Press. The fact that he was between the two when they got out of the elevator indicates that they knew each other and I believe they were referred to as foreign press.

Anyone with more info about this event please help?

Jim Root