The Education Forum

Eugene Dinkin: The Saga of an Unsung Hero

Even though he predicted the JFK assassination in advance, very little has been written about Dinkin.

Especially as opposed to Rose Cheramie and Richard Case Nagell.

Ronald Redmon's article is probably the most through treatment we have of his case now.  And we include some documents at the end.

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/eugene-dinkin-the-saga-of-an-unsung-hero

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent article.  This story has always resonated with me.  As Larry Hancock states, somebody did talk.   It appears that Dinkin picked up on the elaborate psychological operation .... and Redmon's article sheds more light and credibility upon the so-called psychological sets.  That no one would listen to him ("Time Life, Look") is disturbing.  The incarceration in mental hospitals and psychological "testing" Dinkin underwent is sinister, but a common tactic used to silence or segregate witnesses.  Its also troubling that HSCA ignored him, but clearly his allegations didn't fit the manufactured storylines.   I would love to have interviewed his friends, whom he tried to use for protection and credibility.   When you put yourself in young Dinkins' shoes -- and ask "what would I have done with his revelation?" -- it seems he undertook a number of logical and reasonable steps (i.e. he was credible).

I would like to know how Garrison came to the conclusion that Dinkins overheard radio traffic from OAS indicating that a military coup was underway to take JFK out (my words). I read somewhere that Dinkins changed his story to the Stars and Stripes psychological sets story after his hospitalization. The author doesn't say this, so I'm presuming he found no credibility to that sequence. Is anyone able to shed some light on this?

Paul:

I don't think that can be settled, for the simple reason that so much of Garrison's data is gone today.

Back in the nineties I had the opportunity to look at what was left at that time, and I indexed them alphabetically.  I do not recall any files on Dinkin.  Considering how sensitive those files would be, since he did predict the assassination in advance, I could understand why someone like Boxley would deep six that early.  Because it would lend so much credibility to what Garrison was doing.

BTW, I have to add, from my info, I think DInkin is still alive.

Dinkin still alive? Will some intrepid researcher find and nterview him? 

Of course I am curious about the disappearing OAS angle because it goes to my apparently minority theory that assassins were hired in Europe through Bill Harvey and QJWIN from the Gladio network, most likely Corsicans. One assumption I'm making is that the OAS is connected to this network somehow. Another is that the Mafia heroin pipeline is intertwined with Gladio (NATO - Lemnitzer - CIA - Angleton - Dulles) through Andreotti and Licio Gelli - P2. Farfetched perhaps, but it's such a short step from Lemnitzer to Crichton and Brandstetter (488th) in Dallas and to Walker and his Nazi friends. For me this conspiracy ties in all the main suspects on the right and the Mafia (Roselli, Traficante). Usually when I bring this theory up threads die. Hope not this time.

Edited by Paul Brancato

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

Dinkin still alive? Will some intrepid researcher find and nterview him? 

Of course I am curious about the disappearing OAS angle because it goes to my apparently minority theory that assassins were hired in Europe through Bill Harvey and QJWIN from the Gladio network, most likely Corsicans. One assumption I'm making is that the OAS is connected to this network somehow. Another is that the Mafia heroin pipeline is intertwined with Gladio (NATO - Lemnitzer - CIA - Angleton - Dulles) through Andreotti and Licio Gelli - P2. Farfetched perhaps, but it's such a short step from Lemnitzer to Crichton and Brandstetter (488th) in Dallas and to Walker and his Nazi friends. For me this conspiracy ties in all the main suspects on the right and the Mafia (Roselli, Traficante). Usually when I bring this theory up threads die. Hope not this time.

Paul,

Daniele Ganser thinks that Allen Dulles was behind General Challe's April 1961 coup against de Gaulle and that Challe was also close to the French section of the stay-behind network.

Europe's right-wing terrorists were cooperating on an international basis ---> http://guillaumeorigoni.blog.lemonde.fr/2012/03/20/1-6-yves-guerin-serac-et-laginter-press-un-francais-dans-une-officine-de-linternationale-noire-2/

3 hours ago, Mathias Baumann said:

Paul,

Daniele Ganser thinks that Allen Dulles was behind General Challe's April 1961 coup against de Gaulle and that Challe was also close to the French section of the stay-behind network.

Europe's right-wing terrorists were cooperating on an international basis ---> http://guillaumeorigoni.blog.lemonde.fr/2012/03/20/1-6-yves-guerin-serac-et-laginter-press-un-francais-dans-une-officine-de-linternationale-noire-2/

Do you understand French Mathias?

This just in from the obvious department...

Swaying public opinion using "social" media - newspapers - so that an otherwise horrible event would be more acceptable and even welcomed... should it "somehow" occur

hmmmm, now WHERE have we seen that happen in the last year??

:rip

2 hours ago, George Sawtelle said:

I think the Dinkin affair is CIA disinformation

I'll have to disagree with you George...  like claiming Bolden was CIA to give Chicago more credibility...  no dice.

Plus he was right...  CIA disinfo usually only has a shred of truth to support the lies...

Remember that concepts related to "psychological sets" weren't unknown or outré in the period.  In 1957, a journalist named Vance Packard published The Hidden Persuaders, a best-seller exposing the use of "subliminal persuasion" in advertising.  It inspired many knock-off books and articles, and was as influential in the later development of media as it was titillating to the public (which began to spot nude figures and the word sex hidden in liquor and cigarette ads).  By the Kennedy years, being hip to the technique was a part of pop culture.

Wiki: "In The Hidden Persuaders [...] Packard explores the use of consumer motivational research and other psychological techniques, including depth psychology and subliminal tactics, by advertisers to manipulate expectations and induce desire for products, particularly in the American postwar era. [...] The book also explores the manipulative techniques of promoting politicians to the electorate. Additionally, the book questions the morality of using these techniques."

Edited by David Andrews

David 

I respect your opinion. For all I know you may be right.

I use what Vincent Salandria said way back when in so many words he said ... they'll keep you running around in circles from one theory to the next with info that leads nowhere. They'll confuse to the point that you want to give up.

If something leads no where Salandria's wisdom comes to mind. The Dinkin affair leads nowhere.

21 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Of course I am curious about the disappearing OAS angle because it goes to my apparently minority theory that assassins were hired in Europe through Bill Harvey and QJWIN from the Gladio network,... Usually when I bring this theory up threads die. Hope not this time.

Paul,

I tend to agree with your theory in its broad outline, but I think I'd be a little careful with the Dinkin angle for a couple of reasons.

And Jim DiEugenio, I'm sorry, but I don't find Ronald Redmon's article thorough at all for the same reasons.

1) Maybe my research has been sloppy, but I've tried in vain to find some record, or even mention of the "599th Ordnance Group" anywhere.

My mind would be eased if someone could answer me the simple question, Who was the Commanding Officer of the 599th Ordnance Group?

2) Mr. Redmond's article says that "Regular Army Private First Class Dinkin was serving in Metz, Germany..."

There is no Metz, Germany. Metz was occupied by the Germans from 1940-1944 and was liberated at the end of WWII. Metz is in France.

3) Redmond's article says, "Dinkin was transferred to the Army Depot in Metz, France, where his duties did not require a secret clearance."

If Dinkin was already in Metz, how could he be transferred to Metz?

4)

This web page: https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=8407#relPageId=2&tab=page

gives Dinkin's military ID number as: Serial number RA-76710292.

Is this even a valid military ID? I didn't serve in the military, so I don't know. Do the armed forces issue military personnel, serial numbers? And/or numbers that start with RA?

Has any armed forces veteran in this, or any other research forum ever tried to run this number through the National Archives or VA, or anywhere else?

Paul I'd be a little careful with the OAS angle on this. For all intents and purposes, the OAS was splintered in 1962 following the Evian Peace Accords in March. They even disavowed any involvement in the Petit Clamart attack against DeGaulle in August of that year. Most of the leadership had been captured or killed by 1963, and the remaining members for the most part were scattered to the winds and became mercenaries in somebody else's wars.

If Dinkin was intercepting OAS communications, I'd like to know whose traffic he was intercepting. I have never seen the product of what that communication was. How was it intercepted? Was somebody's phone tapped? Whose? Was it telegraph? Shortwave radio? What language was it in? English, French? German? Portugese?

Is there any indication that Dinkin knew any of these?

Needless to say, I'm pretty skeptical.

Steve Thomas

13 hours ago, Dan Doyle said:

Is this science, "psychological sets", or wu-wu? I think the jury is out

If Dinkin was able to accurately predict the date of the assassination from the psychological sets he cited, I would rule out wu-wu.

One cannot totally dismiss someone going to as much personal risk effort ( some documented ) and with such a specific, high level important and almost unbelievable warning message as Dinkins did, and that actually came to happen and so close to the time frame he stated.

The nutcase framing scenario is lazily easy to accept with Dinkins...but is dissipated by the real event occurring as he so clearly and widely reported to so many. Similarly with Rose Cheramie.

And the disinfo angle is preposterously illogical.  Too many suspicion creating and arousing doorways opened there.

Edited by Joe Bauer