The Education Forum

Trump: JFK files to be released

1 hour ago, Larry Hancock said:

The President is the only one empowered to make that decision as per the JFK records act.  And today somebody showed him a list and asked if he wanted to take the personal responsibility for any damage or embarrassment - and he bailed. That simple.  But beyond that somebody certainly got their tail burned for allowing him to approve the earlier WH release - his CIA director, if he were competent which is is not - should have been all over this and minimized the embarrassment. 

Larry, your one of my Hero's, a Patriot I believe.  Once again you have said what I thought more eloquently and intelligently than I can.

Trump didn't have the knowledge, understanding, balls or courage to stand up for the American People he represents in spite of his tough guy drain the swamp image.

I misunderstood the law I guess.  Once again I'm not a lawyer.  I thought it said the files would be released today.  I. E. the time to petition for any further withholding expired at midnight Last Night.  Here he says "I have no choice".

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/trump-delays-release-of-some-jfk-files/ar-AAu61rm

As President, under the law, as stated in the act as originally constructed / construed, did he not have the power to say:  You've had 25 years, per the law.  I can't accept these Last Second pleas.  FREETHEFILES, all of them, with no redactions, per the law. NOW!  By Presidential Order in accordance with the law?

But that would have required the moral turpitude and courage of JFK, and no president since.

Pardon my anger over todays developments to any I've offended.  Then again, not.  If your not angry your ignorant of the big picture of the situation and it's implications or just don't care. 

Edited by Ron Bulman

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/25/2017 at 7:30 PM, James DiEugenio said:

Ron just hit on something key.

I did a show today with Moscow TV and i noted just one page of one spreadsheet with 35 documents listed:  22 of them were described as illegible.  And when it says illegible, it is really illegible, that is you cannot see anything on it, just a blur.  You could not even put it back together with optical recognition since there is nothing to recognize.  Now two of those deal with ZR Rifle and one with JM Wave.  

Question:  What is the point of declassifying something you cannot read?  It might as well stay declassified.  Have any of our pundits like Dallek or Shenon or Posner noted this on TV? Not as far as I know.  This is why the MSM has become such a joke.  

Jim,

When is your interview with NPR going to be on? I'm very interested in hearing that.

22 minutes ago, Roger DeLaria said:

Thanks Ron,  I'm still looking for more facts on the release (I'm no longer comfortable with the numbers I'm seeing and wonder if some of the documents in today's supposed release may actually be from this summer).  Clearly the WH got way behind the curve on this; in no way to I believe the agencies had not prepared their lists (are we supposed to think somebody was at the WH today making tallies all day long, like here's another request from FBI, oh and another from CIA..ha).  I've been saying for several days that I expected it to come down to the last minute and Trump would realize he either had to give a blanket approval to all protested documents or further postpone a good number of them and it looks like that is what happened.  I cannot believe he is happy about it now - either somebody did not brief him or he simply spoke off the top of the head just assuming it would sound good.

1 hour ago, Larry Hancock said:

Thanks Ron,  I'm still looking for more facts on the release (I'm no longer comfortable with the numbers I'm seeing and wonder if some of the documents in today's supposed release may actually be from this summer).  Clearly the WH got way behind the curve on this; in no way to I believe the agencies had not prepared their lists (are we supposed to think somebody was at the WH today making tallies all day long, like here's another request from FBI, oh and another from CIA..ha).  I've been saying for several days that I expected it to come down to the last minute and Trump would realize he either had to give a blanket approval to all protested documents or further postpone a good number of them and it looks like that is what happened.  I cannot believe he is happy about it now - either somebody did not brief him or he simply spoke off the top of the head just assuming it would sound good.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Yes, unbriefed, speaking off the top of this head, promising the world. Unable to effectively pull any levers of government. Unable to anticipate, Always caught with pants down,

Declares a national war on opioids, but may not even know it yet, he's  not going to spend a dime of Federal money on it.

I can' believe that he's happy about it

He'll forget about it soon enough.

This is about the only time I've been sad that he can't get anything done.

About the only way one could shift some of the blame away from Trump is to say he got bad advice because  after appointing all of his friends to cabinet positions only to be exposed as crooks, that leaves the only ones around him to be generals. 

Just venting, he's a great guy.

At this point,  I think the only break we could possibly get in 6 months, would be the suppression of records of Harvey, Angleton, Phillips, Morales as I heard rumored earlier. We should jump on that like leeches in heat!