The Education Forum

Plot to Kill JFK in Paris?

I just got a book through Interlibrary Loan. Unfortunately, it's in Spanish and I can't read it.

:-)

It's called $400,000 Dolares Por Matar A Kennedy En Paris. by Camille Gilles. Plaza and Jones, 1975. This is a Spanish translation of the original French work, $400,000 Pour Abattre Kennedy A Paris. Julliard, 1973.

From what I can gather, this author says that there was a plot to kill JFK in Paris in May, 1961. The plotters were ex OAS members, and came out of the 1st Foreign Legion Parachute Regiment. It was a combined plot to kill both JFK and DeGaulle.

Steve Thomas

Steve,

Interesting topic. Michael Piper Collins book "Final Judgment", which IMO has been incorrectly interpreted by some researchers to be 'anti-Semitic' (its thesis is a Mossad connection to the JFK assassination) discusses the similarities to and possible connection between the attempts on De Gaulle and the assassination of JFK.

Pamela

Steve,

Interesting topic.  Michael Piper Collins book "Final Judgment", which IMO has been incorrectly interpreted by some researchers to be 'anti-Semitic' (its thesis is a Mossad connection to the JFK assassination) discusses the similarities to and possible connection between the attempts on De Gaulle and the assassination of JFK.

Pamela

I started another thread to address these questions, specifically was the plan to assassinate DeGaulle in Cabarra (sp) in 1962 related operationally to Dallas?

This is on that same theme. The Christian David theme, after I looked into it was pretty weak, as was the Corsican theme. The Mossad theme is new to me.

I am mainly looking for any leaks or leads out of French Intelligence or OAS about an operational plans link between the DeGaulle attempts and Dallas.

Frederick Forsyth, who wrote Day of the Jackal and the Dogs of War, probably assumed a connection like this, specifically the Mercury Bullets.........

shanet

Steve,

Interesting topic.  Michael Piper Collins book "Final Judgment", which IMO has been incorrectly interpreted by some researchers to be 'anti-Semitic' (its thesis is a Mossad connection to the JFK assassination) discusses the similarities to and possible connection between the attempts on De Gaulle and the assassination of JFK.

Pamela

Michael Piper Collins certainly seems anti-Semitic to me (and to the ADL as well.)

I'd like to know whether Tim Carroll has read Collins' materials and agrees that Collins seems anti-Semitic.

Edited by Tim Gratz

Steve,

400 000 $ pour abattre Kennedy à Paris is a novel published in 1973 (10 th anniversary of the JFK assassination) . The story is pretty close to the Jackal. Camille Gilles is an alias for a french writer. They did try to sell the book as a novel packed with real data on the JFK assassination, the OAS and the several attempts against De Gaulle. They introduce Gilles as an OAS assassin or somebody close to the OAS. Best of my knowledge, Gilles was just a free lance journalist and was hired by Julliard to do the job.

William,

They did try to sell the book as a novel packed with real data on the JFK assassination, the OAS and the several attempts against De Gaulle.

Thanks for your help.

The book I had did seem to read like a novel. The "assassin's" name was Jose Romero I think, although the author did say that Romero was an invented name.

Steve Thomas

Shanet, Pamela

I believe James Jesus Angleton was the CIA contact man with Isreali Intellegence (Mossad?)

"As a CIA agent Angleton helped establish Mossad, the Israeli intelligence service." Education on the Internet & Teaching History Online

Funny how Angleton's name always pops up.

Jim Root

Could there have been a Canadian connection to the French/OAS plots?

Gerry Patrick Hemming was at the 1996 Dallas in November conference. In his summary of what Hemming had to say while in Dallas, Charles Drago wrote, "In Montreal, Arturo Espaillat gathered funds from Canada and Europe and sent them to Dallas in order to fund a French team" ("Hemming Does Dallas," Kennedy Assn Chronicles, Winter 1996-97, p. 47).

In his HSCA deposition, Hemming said, "I had been in touch in Ottawa with Arturo Espaillat, who at one time had been part of the triumvirate that took over when Trujillo was assassinated. One of my people, (Ed) Kolby, had been in Canada with Espaillat . . . Kolby had disappeared, let us say, from the Miami scene and busied himself up in New York and Canada . . . And, now, I had gotten the information that Espaillat and this American had traveled to Dallas and were in Dallas that week (of the assassination). Now, this perturbed me considerably that behind my back everybody I knew was going to meet the Texans" (p. 171-172). (What Hemming was supposedly perturbed about was that all these people - he named Cuesta, Hall, Sturgis, Vidal, Espaillat, and Aguilar - were going to Dallas to "burn" his financial contacts, "the Texans" such as Lester Logue; but he also said he tried to find Vidal in Miami on 11/21 to warn him "to stay the hell out of Dallas while the president was there") (p. 167).

Hemming identified "the American" who traveled with Espaillat from Canada to Dallas as Robert Johnson, who Hemming believed (according to Noel Twyman) was "Raoul" in the MLK assassination (Hancock, Someone Would Have Talked, p. 277). Hemming told Dick Russell in a 1975 Argosy interview, "There was an American, an ex-Marine, who worked for Arturo Espaillat, Trujillo's chief of intelligence . . . Espaillat tried to take over after the (Trujillo) hit went down. He died in an accident in Lisbon a few years ago. His American friend (Johnson) went to work for a private CIA operation in Baltimore called International Services of Information."

It is also worth noting that U.S. Army Pfc. Eugene Dinkin, who claimed to have advance knowledge of the JFK assassination (he was diagnosed by the Army as having a mental condition called "schizo-assassination prognostication") presumably learned of the JFK plot through his work as a military code breaker in France.

RON

way to go,

PFC Eugene Dinkin

code operator via FRANCE

that's the french connection, a lead anyway, FOIA that State cable......

Could there have been a Canadian connection to the French/OAS plots?

In his HSCA deposition, Hemming said, "I had been in touch in Ottawa with Arturo Espaillat, who at one time had been part of the triumvirate that took over when Trujillo was assassinated. One of my people, (Ed) Kolby, had been in Canada with Espaillat . . . Kolby had disappeared, let us say, from the Miami scene and busied himself up in New York and Canada . . . And, now, I had gotten the information that Espaillat and this American had traveled to Dallas and were in Dallas that week (of the assassination). Now, this perturbed me considerably that behind my back everybody I knew was going to meet the Texans" (p. 171-172). (What Hemming was supposedly perturbed about was that all these people - he named Cuesta, Hall, Sturgis, Vidal, Espaillat, and Aguilar - were going to Dallas to there") (p. 167).

Hemming told Dick Russell in a 1975 Argosy interview, "There was an American, an ex-Marine, who worked for Arturo Espaillat, Trujillo's chief of intelligence . . . Espaillat tried to take over after the (Trujillo) hit went down. He died in an accident in Lisbon a few years ago. His American friend (Johnson) went to work for a private CIA operation in Baltimore called International Services of Information."

It is also worth noting that U.S. Army Pfc. Eugene Dinkin, who claimed to have advance knowledge of the JFK assassination (he was diagnosed by the Army as having a mental condition called "schizo-assassination prognostication") presumably learned of the JFK plot through his work as a military code breaker in France.