The Education Forum

Help David Talbot's Stroke Recovery

• 4 weeks later...

David Talbot posted this on Facebook on Dec. 24, 2017:

Friends,

I'm home from the hospital for Christmas -- and I'm very, very grateful to my wife Camille and sons Joe and Nat for making this possible. I also have to thank with all my heart the nursing staff and physical therapists at the Davies Hospital stroke center in San Francisco. They are a special team and, with their unique personalities and combination of traditional and holistic healing, they provided just the kind of care I needed.

Finally, I must thank all of YOU -- ...my friends and fellow warriors -- for your mighty stream of love and support. I was read all of your messages, and they kept up my spirits, particularly in the darkest and loneliest hours at the hospital.

My head cracked open on the evening of November 18. But because of you I've been filled with light and joy ever since. It's a hell of a way to learn of your sisters' and brothers' infinite capacity for grace and compassion, and I don't recommend it to anyone.

I still have a long way to go, but with your help I'll get there one step at a time.

-- David

16 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

David Talbot posted this on Facebook on Dec. 24, 2017:

Friends,

I'm home from the hospital for Christmas -- and I'm very, very grateful to my wife Camille and sons Joe and Nat for making this possible. I also have to thank with all my heart the nursing staff and physical therapists at the Davies Hospital stroke center in San Francisco. They are a special team and, with their unique personalities and combination of traditional and holistic healing, they provided just the kind of care I needed.

Finally, I must thank all of YOU -- ...my friends and fellow warriors -- for your mighty stream of love and support. I was read all of your messages, and they kept up my spirits, particularly in the darkest and loneliest hours at the hospital.

My head cracked open on the evening of November 18. But because of you I've been filled with light and joy ever since. It's a hell of a way to learn of your sisters' and brothers' infinite capacity for grace and compassion, and I don't recommend it to anyone.

I still have a long way to go, but with your help I'll get there one step at a time.

-- David

David,

As a fellow alum of UCSC, ('70)..."go slugs" and a big admirer of your writings on the JFK case, hope your recovery speeds along and that you're feeling almost normal in the very near future.

Dan Doyle

ps. remember listening to Mae Brussel on KLRB in the 1970's?

If you should read this Mr. Talbot Thank You for Brothers and Devil's Chessboard in relation to the assassination of JFK, indispensable in the search for the Truth.  

I'm ordering The Despot's Apprentice regarding current events.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=david+talbot

I'm glad David Talbot is home for the holidays.  My brother had suffered a stroke.  When they took him to the hospital they found that his sugar was in the 500's and my girlfriend suffered several and is losing her eyesight.  But many people survive without too much trouble.

I feel like I'm asking an odd question at this time.  Members, in "Brothers", the author said that when Kennedy came back to Washington after Dallas , he was going to have Castro killed on December 1.  How true is this?  Opinions?

1 hour ago, Kathleen Collins said:

I'm glad David Talbot is home for the holidays.  My brother had suffered a stroke.  When they took him to the hospital they found that his sugar was in the 500's and my girlfriend suffered several and is losing her eyesight.  But many people survive without too much trouble.

I feel like I'm asking an odd question at this time.  Members, in "Brothers", the author said that when Kennedy came back to Washington after Dallas , he was going to have Castro killed on December 1.  How true is this?  Opinions?

Kathleen, I'm not questioning what you say but do you have a page number?  Castro is mentioned on multiple pages in the index.  I wanted to look up Mr. Talbot's source as the book is well sourced before trying to look elsewhere.  I can't look at each reference tonight.  Thanks for any help, I think he might appreciate attention being paid to his book but I 've never met him.