The Education Forum

What bullet trajectory created the back-of-head blowout wound?

Sandy Larsen

The pavilion was enclosed except for the front entrance, right? It seems odd to me that any shooter would choose a position in which he was trapped, i.e. no way out except out the front in clear view of anyone looking. If I was a shooter, I would want my exit open behind me. But maybe I'm just claustrophobic.

Edited by Ron Ecker

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The end pavilions are open on three sides, and you can slip around the back.  It's a modern, concrete version of a 19th-century garden architecture design

This video features a nice (spooky) nighttime tour of the pergola and Dealey Plaza, except for the idiotic commentary.  Just go ahead and turn the sound clean off:

Edited by David Andrews

It's worth noting that the brave and the shocked didn't just run up the north railroad embankment, but up the north steps and behind the pergola as well.  You can see it between 3:10 and 4:19 in this film melange below:

No conclusive view of anyone in the west pavilion in the Nix film clip herein, however.

Does any film besides Wiegman contain moving images of the Hester couple's reaction to the shooting?  See Bernice Moore's post about the pergola here:

There's a lot of good stuff in this old thread...

Edited by David Andrews

16 hours ago, David Andrews said:

It's worth noting that the brave and the shocked didn't just run up the north railroad embankment, but up the north steps and behind the pergola as well.  You can see it between 3:10 and 4:19 in this film melange below:

No conclusive view of anyone in the west pavilion in the Nix film clip herein, however.

Does any film besides Wiegman contain moving images of the Hester couple's reaction to the shooting?  See Bernice Moore's post about the pergola here:

There's a lot of good stuff in this old thread...

I've always wondered about the woman and man calmly strolling east on Elm at 4:30 in that video - when shots had been fired, everyone else was running frantically.  Instead of behaving like everyone else, these two calmly walk away in the opposite direction.  It's abnormal, like the Dark Complected Man and Umbrella man just sitting down on the curb, taking a load off.  Have they ever been identified?