The Education Forum

Jackie believed LBJ had JFK killed

UPDATE FROM DAVID MIDDLETON:

"There is a box set of DVD’s, I think I spent $65 maybe more of Jackie in which she was supposed to say that. Later I learned it was cut out of the interview. Needless to say, that PISSED me off! Plus, I bought it at the TSBD."

13 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

UPDATE FROM DAVID MIDDLETON:

"There is a box set of DVD’s, I think I spent $65 maybe more of Jackie in which she was supposed to say that. Later I learned it was cut out of the interview. Needless to say, that PISSED me off! Plus, I bought it at the TSBD."

So, is it in any DVD?

Edited by Paz Marverde

This article is a re-publish of an article published in anticipation of the release of the tapes in 2013. It got it wrong. It probably made stuff up from whole cloth. It's (gulp) fake news.

I mean, really, if the tapes included the stuff described in the article, and were cut out at the last minute, would some website be the only news source to break this story?

I suspect not.

There's also this. Jackie was almost certainly sober when she spoke to Schlesinger, and discussed most everything but the assassination. Not so much when she spoke to Manchester, and discussed the assassination in detail. The real dirt will come out with the release of the Manchester tapes (which, per Jackie's agreement with Manchester, are to be withheld while Caroline lives).

1 hour ago, Pat Speer said:

This article is a re-publish of an article published in anticipation of the release of the tapes in 2013. It got it wrong. It probably made stuff up from whole cloth. It's (gulp) fake news.

I mean, really, if the tapes included the stuff described in the article, and were cut out at the last minute, would some website be the only news source to break this story?

I suspect not.

There's also this. Jackie was almost certainly sober when she spoke to Schlesinger, and discussed most everything but the assassination. Not so much when she spoke to Manchester, and discussed the assassination in detail. The real dirt will come out with the release of the Manchester tapes (which, per Jackie's agreement with Manchester, are to be withheld while Caroline lives).

I wonder if that leaves the decision to Caroline to make them public while she lives. Does she know? She has a FB group of followers. 

The fact that they are to be secret until then is strange.  Based on the families public comments, I do not think they seem to dig into any of this.  The grandson gave his opinion and Caroline does not seem to have any interest, but, Robert Kennedy, Jr. does.  He has made his feelings quite clear.