The Education Forum

Just Discovered

Harry

On 2/6/2018 at 9:42 PM, Harry J.Dean said:

Just now noticed a 1975 book by Hugh McDonald "Appointment In Dallas" suggesting

the JFK Assassination hinged on the so-called Mystery Man in  Mexico City 1963 and

named Harry Dean as that person.  UNTRUE.

Harry,

How close was Hugh McDonald to the truth if we switch that and name Guy Gabaldon as the "Mystery Man in Mexico City 1963" ?

You and Guy Gabaldon were fairly chummy in Southern California.   The trail doesn't lead to you -- bit it seems as though it led to three friends of yours, namely, Guy Gabaldon, Loran Hall and Larry Howard.

If this is correct -- then Hugh McDonald was getting warm -- wasn't he?

All best,
--Paul

i liked guy gabaldon when i was nine. 

Hell to Eternity

Guy Gabaldon (Jeffrey Hunter) is an orphaned Latino youth raised in Los Angeles by an adoptive Japanese-American family. With the dawn of conflict in the Pacific, Gabaldon enlists in the military as a translator. Fighting in the Battle of Saipan, he's horrified at the carnage. So, disobeying orders, he goes behind enemy lines and talks the Japanese into willful surrender, saving thousands of lives on both sides. The film is based on the true story of the decorated World War II veteran.

p6052_p_v8_aa.jpg

1 hour ago, Paul Trejo said:

Harry

Harry,

How close was Hugh McDonald to the truth if we switch that and name Guy Gabaldon as the "Mystery Man in Mexico City 1963" ?

You and Guy Gabaldon were fairly chummy in Southern California.   The trail doesn't lead to you -- bit it seems as though it led to three friends of yours, namely, Guy Gabaldon, Loran Hall and Larry Howard.

If this is correct -- then Hugh McDonald was getting warm -- wasn't he?

All best,
--Paul

Hello Paul

I have not read McDonald's book, just spotted the MM report on The Black Vault site,

will try to get a copy soon. As previously mentioned, I never was in Mex. City, and had

in 1963  rejected his offer to co-pilot Gabaldon and his plane  there.

16 hours ago, Harry J.Dean said:

Hello Paul

I have not read McDonald's book, just spotted the MM report on The Black Vault site,

will try to get a copy soon. As previously mentioned, I never was in Mex. City, and had

in 1963  rejected his offer to co-pilot Gabaldon and his plane  there.

Harry,

What makes your account more interesting to history is the research done at Arizona State U. by Jason Ward in 2017, with the latest releases of FOIA material pursuant to the JFK Records act of Thursday 26 October 2017.

What Jason Found was that Gabaldon's name appears in some CIA records in Mexico City in late September and early October, 1963.  This was in the context of a man named Gilberto Alvarado.   

This is a recent discovery -- but it speaks to your account, Harry.  It seems more and more that Gabby Gabaldon was the "Man in Mexico City in 1963".

All best,
--Paul

Edited by Paul Trejo