The Education Forum

Sheriff's Deputies vs. DPD

I've found at least three cases where the testimony of County Sheriff's Deputies seem to be at odds with the testimony of the Dallas City Police:

1) The people who discover the rifle on the sixth floor of the TSBD; Weitzman, Boone, Craig, etc. declare the rifle to be, or believe it to be a Mauser. They are sent back to work and the crime scene is taken over by the DPD. The rifle is determined to be a Mannlicher-Carcano.

2) In the search of the garage at the Paine residence, Sheriff's Deputies find small metal boxes containing the names and activities of Cuban sympathizers. The evidence seized at the residence is turned over to the Dallas Police. The evidence listed in Stovall's Exhibit A in vol. XXI of the WC Hearings contains no such boxes.

3) Sherrif's Deputies search the cars in the parking lot behind the grassy knoll. The list of license plates disappear.

Makes me wonder.

Steve Thomas

Jack Ruby by John Armstrong

http://harveyandlee.net/Ruby/Ruby.html

“Four Dallas deputy constables (fully empowered peace county-wide jurisdiction) inspected a box containing documents that linked Ruby and Oswald. Deputies Billy J. Preston, Ben Cash, and John Callaghan reported they had seen a motel near New Orleans with Ruby and Oswald's names dated several weeks before the assassination of President Kennedy. They said the receipts showed several phone calls had been placed to Mexico, to numbers identified as the Cuban and Russian embassies. The supervisor (Robie Love), personally turned the box over to Dallas DA Henry Wade, and the box disappeared.”

Posted by Bill Kelly in the Education Forum 2/17/2008

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/12270-dallas-county-das-office-finds-cache-of-jfk-memorabilia/

"AND FROM GARY BUEL'S BLOG:

So just how much truth was there to the National Enquirer story quoted yesterday? Deputy Billy J. Preston and some of his associates also spoke to the Dallas Morning News in 1976. I don't have a copy of this article but found this on the web:

On March 28, 1976, the Dallas *Morning News* ran an unusual story when four Dallas deputy constables decided to come forward to relate something that had been bothering them for a very long time. Shortly after the assassination the four had examined a box of handwritten notes and assorted other papers in the Dallas County Courthouse, a number of which apparently linked Oswald and Ruby. Deputy Billy Preston, Constable Robie Love, and deputy constables Mike Callahan and Ben Cash all recalled that this box had come from the apartment of a Dallas woman.

Preston said, "She was really scared because she had all that stuff. She wanted me to pick it up for her. And I just wished I had made some more copies now." The men couldn't for the life of them remember the name of the woman, except Preston thought her first name was Mary. He recalled that the papers were apparently written by Lee Harvey Oswald. Ben Cash disagreed, recalling that the woman had a live-in "Latin American" boyfriend, and Cash thought the papers had been his. He told reporter Earl Golz that ". . . he mentioned Ruby and he mentioned Oswald in the writings. He didn't mention the third party but he kept referring to a third party. And the third party would have to be him." According to Preston and Love, the box was turned over to Dallas DA Henry Wade in late 1963 or early 1964; Wade told the Morning News that he had no recollection of such a box of papers

The deputies tried to recall some of the box's contents. They named newspaper clippings from Mexico; a photocopy of a *Daily Worker* presscard issued to Jack Ruby; a motel receipt from early November 1963 withboth Ruby and Oswald's name on it, as well as references to phone callsmade to Mexico City; papers mapping out a landing strip in Mexico; references to meetings with some kind of "agents" in McAllen and Laredo, Texas (near the Mexico border); a church brochure with handwritten notations concerning a trip to Cuba; and a handwritten note detailing a plan to assassinate President Kennedy during the dedication of a lake or dam in Wisconsin. No one has seen hide nor hair of this mysterious box full of papers since the deputies transferred custody of it."

See:

Commission Document 385 - FBI Gemberling Report of 11 Feb 1964 re: Oswald

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10786&search=%22Mary_Sims%22#relPageId=204&tab=page

pp. 199+

On 1/28/64 Billy Preston said he received 33 documents including one 2X4” spiral bound notebook from Mary Sims. (page 200).

Irregardless of whether the documents were true or not, it's the fact that they disappeared that's troubling.

Steve Thomas

On 2/7/2018 at 11:03 PM, Steve Thomas said:

1) The people who discover the rifle on the sixth floor of the TSBD; Weitzman, Boone, Craig, etc. declare the rifle to be, or believe it to be a Mauser. They are sent back to work and the crime scene is taken over by the DPD. The rifle is determined to be a Mannlicher-Carcano.

In the works I've done on the rifle, the conflicts are glaring...  HILL is seen around 1pm leaning out the 6th floor window

https://statick2k-5f2f.kxcdn.com/images/pdf/JosephsRifle.pdf

And check out everything BOONE claims to have done before he's at the TSBD discovering the rifle...  and who HE claims he was with...  Whitman is Weitzman I believe... yet these Sheriffs don't seem very well acquainted with each other...

I added in Brennan's statement which basically further corroborates the rifle in the building was not what he saw...   the scope simply matched the order....

From 12:30 until just after 1pm, the only men in the TSBD appear to be Sheriff’s Deputies and members of what would become ATF including one Frank ELLSWORTH. MOONEY, a Sheriff Deputy himself, claims not to recognize men from his own office. ATF agents also dressed in plainclothes.

Mr. MOONEY - It was a push button affair the best I can remember. got hold of the controls and it worked. We started up and got to the second. I was going to let them off and go on up. And when we got there, the power undoubtedly cut off, because we had no more power on the elevator. So I looked around their office there, just a short second or two, and then I went up the staircase myself. And I met some other officers coming down, plainclothes, and I believe they were deputy sheriffs. They were coming down the staircase. But I kept going up. And how come I get off the sixth floor, I don't know yet. But, anyway, I stopped on six, and didn't even know what floor I was on. Page 26 of 28

Mr. BALL - You were alone? Mr. MOONEY - I was alone at that time.

===

"...[FBI Agent James] Hosty told the [House] Select Committee that at the time of the assassination 'Frank' Ellsworth...had indicated that he had been in the grassy knoll area and for some reason identified himself as a Secret Service Agent.' 8 Ellsworth, deposed by the Committee, denied Hosty's allegation. We know, however, that he was in the immediate area.9

Interestingly, he and seven other ATF agents were among the first law enforcement personnel of any description to reach the sixth floor of the TSBD. If Ellsworth was in the vicinity, it remains to be asked how Hosty knew about it. (Peter Dale Scott, "Deep Politics," pg. 274)

Edited by David Josephs

Remember too, for perspective those Deputy Sherriff's according to Roger Craig, Sherriff Decker told them to go out front and watch the parade, whether they wanted to or not- some grumbled.  He further specifically told them not to participate in protection of the motorcade.  

4 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Remember too, for perspective those Deputy Sherriff's according to Roger Craig, Sherriff Decker told them to go out front and watch the parade, whether they wanted to or not- some grumbled.  He further specifically told them not to participate in protection of the motorcade.  

Ron,

I've never put to much stock in this. As I read through Purdue Lawrence's WC testimony, I think got a better picture of the delineation of the motorcade's security assignments.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/lawrence.htm

Since this was a City of Dallas event, and would come under the City of Dallas umbrella, I can envision Fritz telling Decker, "You can relax. We got this."

I don't know if it was a "stand down" order by Decker, so much as a "Don't get in the way. The City boys got this covered." order.

If the Deputies were told to go out front and show your support for the President, and some of them didn't like that very much, I can see that too.

There are some Presidents I would not like to show support for too.

Steve Thomas

In my reading of the JFK Assassination evidence, there is no division between the Dallas Deputies (Sheriff's office) and the Dallas Police (DPD).

Instead, there is a division between the Dallas top brass and their close associates, as contrasted with the great mass of innocent Dallas Deputies and Police beneath them.

In my opinion, we will eventually learn that Dallas Sheriff Bill Decker, DPD Captain Will Fritz, DPD Chief Jesse Curry, Dallas Deputy Buddy Walthers, Dallas FBI agent James Hosty, Dallas SS agent Forrest Sorrels, Dallas Postmaster Harry Holmes -- as well as DPD officers Roscoe White and JD Tippit -- and many more Dallas locals like General Walker and Robert Alan Surrey -- were all involved in the JFK Assassination conspiracy in Dallas.

In my reading, anybody who spent Lee Harvey Oswald's final hour of life with him, was: (1) guilty of plotting against JFK and Oswald; and (2) guilty of a false, coordinated report of the final words of LHO during his final hour of life.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo
typos

• 2 years later...