The Education Forum

Why Does the "Mitrokhin Archive" Claim KGB Paid Mark Lane $6000 in Today's Money to Debunk The Warren Report?

2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

What cover job?

RCD was one of the best posters ever here.  

Your reply is nonsense.  John has backtracked on Anderson.  And for you to pull out Golitsyn?  I mean do you think the rest of us are stupid?

Michael:  The Russians never gave Lane anything.  He kept track of all his donations and he never got anything from anyone that large.

I thought the Mark lane donations bit was re-clarified again on a different thread within just the last 2-3months.  Why keep regurgitating the same old bs?

BTW, comments by RCD, Don Jeffries, and Mr. Knight kept me reading the forum for years before I finally joined and put my foot in my mouth for the first time (on here).  Thanks and best regards to you all. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/25/2018 at 9:11 PM, Thomas Graves said:

James,

Which post are you referring to?  My most recent post was in response to your most recent one.  Remember?

If I missed something from an even earlier posts of yours, it was probably because I was laughing so hard that I had to go get a hanky to dry my eyes on.

You want cold hard evidence that Oswald was recruited?

Well gosh, if he had been recruited by those nice Russians, what kind of evidence would you reasonably (cough, cough) expect to find, James?

A KGB contract with Oswald's signature on it?  Invitations to his KGB "coming out" party? A tattooed serial number near his left armpit?  Lobotomy scars?

Know what's even worse than not reading somebody's post at all, James?  Reading it, but instead of understanding what the writer intended to say, paranoiacially twisting it so as to make it enabling of ones own off-in-left-field, rabid "counter arguments." 

Did I say that the KGB should have shot Oswald and dumped his corpse at the U.S. embassy's front gate?

Excuse me ... I have to go get another hanky now.  This one's soaking wet.

--  Tommy  :sun

Bumped for James DiEugenio. 

So he won't miss it.

PS  You never did answer my three specific questions: 

1)  Why don't you have a FB "profile" photo?

2)  Are you a Trump supporter, now?

3)  Are you with Binney and Assange on "Russiagate"?

Edited by Thomas Graves

On 2/25/2018 at 9:56 PM, Ron Bulman said:

RCD can't post and Tommy rambles on?

Sorry, Ron.

I did not realize that Robert could not post now. 

Regardless, James DiEugenio asked me some questions and I'm responding to them.

Is that okay with you?

Is this your thread, btw?

Edited by Thomas Graves

What I asked for is any evidence--cold,  hard, lukewarm-- that the KGB either approached or recruited Oswald.

We have  evidence that he was approached and recruited by the CIA.  (See Destiny Betrayed, Second Edition, Chapter 7, especially pgs 130-34)

I will assume you have no such evidence then, except your buddy Golitsyn.  

The other stuff has nothing to do with JFK and I won't get sucked into your ethernet.

On 2/26/2018 at 12:38 AM, James DiEugenio said:

What I asked for is any evidence--cold,  hard, lukewarm-- that the KGB either approached or recruited Oswald.

We have  evidence that he was approached and recruited by the CIA.  (See Destiny Betrayed, Second Edition, Chapter 7, especially pgs 130-34)

I will assume you have no such evidence then, except your buddy Golitsyn.  

The other stuff has nothing to do with JFK and I won't get sucked into your ethernet.

James,

[deleted]

You want me to provide you with cold hard evidence from the super secret Soviet-Russian KGB/FSB/GRU that the Kremlin recruited the guy who killed JFK?

Why don't you ask your Putin-lovin' buddy Julian Assange to hack their files and share them with us?

Or maybe do a Russian FOIA, James?

Your challenge is comparable to a Medieval "judge" demanding that a suspected witch prove his or her innocence by remaining alive under water for five minutes. 

"Nope, we had nothing to do with it. In fact we didn't even  interview the Marine Corps radar operator who had worked with the U-2 spy plane, or monitor him very closely because, you know, ... because he was so odd and dangerous-looking, even though we DID let him stay in Minsk for two and one-half years (purely coincidentally, just a few blocks from one of our training schools).

Edited by Thomas Graves

Which is a long way of saying you do not.

Thanks.

Oh, except Golitsyn.  Who told Angleton that any other defector who followed him would be sent to discredit him. 

Edited by James DiEugenio

I think I'm still a moderator here. Either way, is it true that Robert Charles Dunne can't post here? He just posted for the first time in quite a while. Considering how the nonstop, often laughable stream-of-consciousness output of Thomas Graves is tolerated here, it would be a sad reflection on this forum if there is some kind of limitation placed upon a person of RCD's caliber. 

And by the way, trying to claim the "commies" were funding Mark Lane is straight out of the CIA handbook. It also eerily corresponds to how the "Russians" are now used by the establishment left as bogeymen that can be conveniently blamed for any and all dissent in America. 

Tommy, was Joe McCarthy right? After all, in his day, the Soviets were a lot more powerful....

On 2/26/2018 at 8:52 AM, Don Jeffries said:

And by the way, trying to claim the "commies" were funding Mark Lane is straight out of the CIA handbook. It also eerily corresponds to how the "Russians" are now used by the establishment left as bogeymen that can be conveniently blamed for any and all dissent in America. 

Tommy, was Joe McCarthy right? After all, in his day, the Soviets were a lot more powerful....

Don,

Why then do you think the files KGB archivist Mitrokhin copied down over the years say that?

If the information is false (which it probably is, seeing how it also says that Nosenko was a true defector), then it seems obvious to me that it's a KGB disinfo job, not a CIA miracle one, which fooled British Intel historian Christopher Andrew, John Simkin, and many, many others.

Totally unlike those nice, trustworthy Russians, huh?

(sarcasm, Donald)

Edited by Thomas Graves

On 2/26/2018 at 8:26 AM, James DiEugenio said:

Which is a long way of saying you do not.

Thanks.

Oh, except Golitsyn.  Who told Angleton that any other defector who followed him would be sent to discredit him. 

James,

[deleted] ... [Y]ou still haven't read "Spy Wars" or Ghosts of the Spy Wars," have you?

Much rather read "The Monster Plot," "Molehunt," "Cold Warrior," and (LOL) "The Ghost," wouldn't you? 

Because they fit in with and reinforce your narrative.

(sigh)

PS  Is it okay if I start calling you "Horse With Way Too Much Fame"? (With apologies to that great band, "America.")

You know, as in "You can lead a horse with no fame to water, but you can't make him think"?

PPS  Do you think the KGB sent "fake defector" Golitsyn here to tell the CIA and FBI, "Any future defectors you get will be fake, so don't trust them!" ???

Edited by Thomas Graves

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 12:08 PM, Robert Charles-Dunne said:

...Tommy is one of the barnacles clinging to this site for the obvious purpose of deflecting our interest in the leading suspect in the assassination - CIA - just as CIA pays the likes of Max Holland to do.  Paul Trejo is another such barnacle, wasting readers’ time while pushing a theory that is based on zero evidence, but much “opinion.”  It is remarkable that these two men of leisure - as they must be in order to post around the clock - would spend their free time in such fruitless pursuits.

It should also not escape the attention of Forum members that there is a very basic and obvious ploy at work in the postings of the barnacles: ABC.

Who killed the President?  

Anybody But CIA. 

Robert,

Dramatic writing as usual -- but short on evidence -- or even theory.    Really -- where do you come off accusing people of working for the CIA, just because they disagree with your CT?   Isn't that a confession of desperation?

You're reduced to polemic, to writing insults, and to cheerleading for James Di Eugenio (like most CIA-did-it CTers on this Forum).

James Di Eugenio himself is reduced to setting my criticisms to IGNORE, and just repeating his DB2 nonsense as if it's still 2012.    Wake up James --- Bill Simpich published in 2014 and Jeff Caufield in 2015.   It's a brand new day.

The General Walker-did-it CT is the strongest CT out there today, with plenty of recent FOIA FBI documents as evidence.

The CIA-did-it CT is a 55 year old hag, dressed up with too much lipstick, and put out on the street again.  Good luck, Robert.   You still need it.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

On 2/26/2018 at 1:51 PM, Paul Trejo said:

Robert,

Dramatic writing as usual -- but short on evidence -- or even theory.    Really -- where do you come off accusing people of working for the CIA, just because they disagree with your CT?   Isn't that a confession of desperation?

You're reduced to polemic, to writing insults, and to cheerleading for James Di Eugenio (like most CIA-did-it CTers on this Forum).

James Di Eugenio himself is reduced to setting my criticisms to IGNORE, and just repeating his DB2 nonsense as if it's still 2012.    Wake up James --- Bill Simpich published in 2014 and Jeff Caufield in 2015.   It's a brand new day.

The General Walker-did-it CT is the strongest CT out there today, with plenty of recent FOIA FBI documents as evidence.

The CIA-did-it CT is a 55 year old hag, dressed up with too much lipstick, and put out on the street again.  Good luck, Robert.   You still need it.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Thanks, Paul!

The only problem is, now we will forever be known by James DiEugenio and his legion of followers as "The TG & Trejo Tag Team."

(Were any of those rabid Walker supporters recently arrived from Havana or the Soviet Union, by any chance?)

Edited by Thomas Graves

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2018 at 11:16 AM, Thomas Graves said:

On February 25th, Robert Charles-Dunne wrote:

My just-now edited reply:

Shouldn't we, then, look at the Mitrokhin Archive, as an intentional "mixed bag,"  -- another "KGB" active measures counterintelligence op, interwoven oh-so-skillfully with a strategic deception op?

Could it be that the proof is in the pudding?

Regarding which, it's obvious to me that the FSB (aka the KGB) .....

and the SVR (aka the KGB) and the GRU, with a widdle help from Julian Assange ---

by using what has become, more and more often during the past twenty years or so, social-media-and-therefore-algorithm-based active measures counterintelligence ops against us, made even more effective by the cumulative effects of 90-plus years of (progressively more technologically "primitive" as one goes back in time) same, interwoven with 58 years of Second Chief Directorate Department 14 strategic deception ops, and ... gasp ... the resultant legions of "Tin Foil Hat-Wearing Conspiracy Theories" engendered thereby, not to mention the resultant dumbing-down (due to becoming more and more confused and frustrated and fact-checking averse) of our society in general, uhh 

.... recently installed a blackmail-able, expendable-for-Putin, "useful idiot" as our president, in order to sow discord and chaos in our country (at least in mine, Robert).

PS  Or, do you think Christopher Andrew, official historian for British Intel and co-author (with Mitrokhin) of The Sword and the Shield, is  really working for the ... gasp ... CIA ... and that's why he's helping KGB officer Mitrokhin spread these nasty rumors about your hero Mark Lane ?

In other words, is The Mitrokhin Archive  just another insidious "Langley Production"?  If so, shouldn't somebody tell Mister Simkin that he's been duped?

Here's a flawed but somewhat informative Wikipedia article on Mitrokhin:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasili_Mitrokhin

edited and bumped

Edited by Thomas Graves

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:45 PM, Don Jeffries said:

RCD,

It's great to see you alive and posting again. I hope you'll chime in more often. This place certainly needs more people like you.

OMG What a treat. I rarely come here but if RCD returns I will be a regular. Tommy you are WAY our of your league when it comes to the enormous talent, knowledge and analysis of RCD.