The Education Forum

General Walker, Lee Harvey Oswald and Dallas Officials

8 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

Hi Jason,

It often seemed to me that Lieutenant John Day is willfully blind to the events.   

Day provides several points of contradictory testimony; the most disturbing is around the shell casings found near the SE window of the TSBD.   He says he marked them at the scene, which is expected and consistent with Elmer Boyd's testimony of marking Oswald's bullets as soon as they are found.  To the Warren Commission, Day changes his testimony to say they were marked later, at police HQ.   In other testimony, Day says he can't remember when and where the shell casings were marked.  3 different versions from Day about marking the bullets:

1. Day says the hulls he found were not marked at TSBD:

Day_not_marked_WC.png

Vs.

2. Lt Day says he marked the found hulls at TSBD:

Day_marked_bullets_this_time.png

Vs.

3.....but Day elsewhere says he can't remember when and where the hulls were marked:
Lt_day_cannot_remember_marking_bullets.p

Edited by Jason Ward

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/24/2018 at 5:31 PM, Jason Ward said:

Police and Sheriff testimony in the Warren Commission Part 9 Dallas Police Department Detective Elmer Boyd

DPD Det. Boyd, age ~35

CONCERNS

1. Boyd offers several contradictions as to what happened and when towards the end of Friday night
  2. It is hard to believe that a suspect in a famous case is getting interrogated but Boyd does not remember what was said
  3. Boyd's activities at the TSBD are described in no detail, except that Boyd says the rifle is found in the SOUTHWEST corner and not the SOUTHEAST corner as others testify
  4. Boyd says they hear about Oswald's arrest while in Sheriff Decker's office; then he changes this story to indicate he was actually on the 6th floor
  5. Is visiting Sheriff Decker's office part of Fritz's testimony?   Is there some type of secret meeting in Decker's office no one is supposed to mention?
  6. Boyd's version of Oswald's time at DPD headquarters suggests Oswald was denied immediate access to a lawyer, while Fritz says LHO was offered a lawyer repeatedly
  7. How does Boyd have a few exact quotes from Oswald but for the most part claims he remembers nothing Oswald says?
  8. The address on Beckley is provided by Oswald says Boyd, versus various other sources of this address in other testimony
  9. Boyd's claim of neither finding nor collecting anything of interest at the Beckley rooming house is suspicous
  10. Boyd seems to want to paint Oswald as trained and prepared for the interrogation, which apparently echos Capt Fritz's claim that Oswald appears trained by the Russians 

Overall, Lt Boyd does not present anything remarkable - except of course his remarkable inability to remember who was present at Oswald's interrogations and what was said.  Does Boyd have a habit in his testimony of letting a little bit of the factual sequence of events slip out unedited, only to realize a few seconds later he needs to correct himself to maintain the master story?

Hi Jason,

Once again, many thanks for your hard work on summarizing and analyzing the WC testimony of DPD Detective Elmer Boyd.   He regularly accompanied DPD Captain Will Fritz on assignment in the DPD Homicide Bureau.   He had seen his share of grisly murders in his few years at the side of Will Fritz.

I especially appreciate your concerns here.   They closely match my own concerns.

1.  Boyd contradicts many others in his testimony.   We must keep a finger on Boyd's WC testimony, and return to it often.   Though his memory seems poor, he kept a running log of times of specific activities regarding the JFK assassination around the TSBD and when Lee Harvey Oswald (LHO) was in DPD custody.

1.1.  For me, the first thing that stood out was the timing of the announcement when Will Fritz was told at the Trade Mart that JFK had been shot.   Will Fritz said it was only about five minutes after the shooting; 12:35 pm.   Elmer Boyd recorded the time as 12:40 pm.   In the case of the JFK Assassination, five minutes makes a big difference.

2.   I find it absolutely impossible to believe that Boyd couldn't remember what LHO said -- especially since he often remembers phrases word for word. 

3.   As for Boyd saying they found the rifle at the SOUTHWEST corner of the 6th floor, I will let that slide as mere sloppiness.     

4.   The fact that Boyd told two stories about when he heard that LHO  was arrested is too weird.  I will not let that slide.

4.1.   The accounts so far say that after the rifle was found (around 1:20 pm) Will Fritz got LHO's address from Roy Truly and then left.   Right around 1:30 perhaps.

4.2.    Yet LHO was surrounded at the Texas Theater around 1:50 pm.   News of his arrest would have been broadcast between 1:50 and 2pm. 

4.3.   So, given these estimates (which I will happily change upon further material evidence) it seems unlikely that Boyd heard of LHO's arrest at the TSBD.

4.4.  It is more likely that Boyd heard of it at Decker's office, across the street.   That was his first report.  I think that was an honest memory.

4.5.   If so, then the question remains -- why did he change his story so quickly about what happened at Sheriff Decker's office??

5.  Your question is excellent, Jason -- because visiting Sheriff Decker's office after the TSBD visit forms no part at all in Fritz's testimony!!   Nor Decker's!!

5.1.   Why does Fritz not mention it?   Or Decker?

5.2.   Now look back at Boyd's opening statement --when he, Fritz and Sims leave Parkland Hospital, they take Sheriff Decker with them! 

5.3.  That's pretty important to me.   I wonder why Fritz omitted it.   Decker, too.

5.4.  Also remember the WC testimony of Deputy Boone -- when he looked out the window to boast that he found the cartidges (1:12 pm) he saw Fritz and Decker talking on the sidewalk below.

5.5.   Will Fritz doesn't mention this, either.

5.6.   So, Will Fritz omitted that (a) he drove with Decker from Parkland Hospital; (b ) he conversed with Decker below the TSBD; and (c) he visited Sheriff Decker's office with Boyd after leaving the TSBD. 

5.7.   Boyd, who keeps the log of case activity, knew all of this -- but he is the only one who told the WC.

5.8.   I get a similar suspicion that you expressed, Jason -- there was a secret meeting in Decker's office that Boyd should not have mentioned. 

5.9.  Boyd's "taking back" that he first heard of LHO's arrest at Decker's office scrambles our timeline.   

5.10.   Boyd meant, I suppose, to minimize the actual length of that meeting at Decker's office (perhaps from 1:30 until 2:15, at the outside).  

5.11.  By claiming that he heard of LHO's arrest at the TSBD, Boyd was suggesting that he and Fritz stayed at the TSBD until 2pm (though the rifle was found at 1:22).   

5.12.   This would make the visit with Bill Decker some short and sweet paper signing -- and not a strategy meeting, as 45 minutes could suggest.

6.  Boyd says that LHO was denied immediate access to a lawyer, while Fritz says LHO was offered a lawyer repeatedly.   Boyd accidentally tells the truth, IMHO.

7.   Boyd is lying, IMHO, about remembering nothing that LHO said, and about remembering none of the questions LHO was asked. 

8.  The address on Beckley is provided by Oswald says Boyd, contradicting various other testimonies.   Boyd wanders off the script, IMHO.   

8.1.   Specifically, Dallas Postal Inspector Harry Holmes will tell a long and involved story about how he discovered the Beckley address, and turned it over to the DPD.

9.   I believe Boyd found nothing of interest at the Beckley rooming house, because he was in the second team that went there -- the first team took every last thing.

10.  By painting LHO as a trained spy, Boyd joins the Dallas Radical Right in painting LHO as a Communist.  This, I say, will be the main mark of the JFK plotters. 

My suspicion is similar to yours, Jason.   There is a "Master Story" that all the Dallas cops and Deputies are supposed to stick to, and some wander off script.  Boyd is one of them, and his witness is crucial, because he is the log keeper for Fritz.  By exposing the triple connection between Fritz and Decker (which neither Fritz nor Decker admit in their WC testimony), Boyd gave us our closest notion of collusion so far.

All best,
--Paul

Edited by Paul Trejo
Postal Inspector not Postmaster

The top paragraph is a 1964 FBI report from a pair of confidential informants and is probably the most direct evidence I've seen connecting Walker's Dallas area Minute Men chapter to the assassination.  Whether or not this is a true or false Oswald sighting, why would two informants suggest the Minute Men were involved in the assassination?  The remaining paragraphs are from similar FBI reports of confidential informants paid to infiltrate the Minute Men.

Minutemen_behind_assassination.png

Gen_Walker_leads_mmen.png

Pollard_Hunt_Walker_minutemen.png

Walkers_ranch_pollard_minutemen.png

Edited by Jason Ward

41 minutes ago, Jason Ward said:

This 1964 FBI report from a pair of confidential informants is probably the most direct evidence I've seen connecting Walker's Dallas area Minutemen chapter to the assassination.  Whether or not this is a true or false Oswald sighting, why would two informants suggest the Minutemen were involved in the assassination? 

<snip>

Hi Jason,

I appreciate your innovative digging into the role of General Walker in the JFK Assassination.  

JFK CTers have not spent a fraction of time needed, digging into the Dallas Minutemen.    Fifty-five years have passed, and perhaps CTers are finally ready to explore the possibility that Dallas alone killed JFK.

The Dallas Radical Right, of whom the Minutemen were the most heavily armed and organized in a paramilitary manner, right there in Dallas, were also involved with the Dallas Police Department.   We know this from FBI agent William Turner (1971).

Knowing the personal history of General Walker, we can see why he was important to the Minutemen.  He was a former US General in WW2 and Korea, and he was beloved by the Radical Right, even after he lost his campaign for Texas Governor in May 1962, because in September 1962 he led the Minutemen in marching against JFK's support of James Meredith at Ole Miss University.

There were riots at Ole Miss, and hundreds were wounded while two were killed.   James Meredith was admitted to Ole Miss as a student, under armed guard -- while JFK and RFK sent General Walker to an insane asylum for a 90 day observation.   Walker's friends got him out in four days, and by January 1963, Walker was acquitted of all charges.   He was finished in mainstream American politics, but he was hailed as the leader of the racist Radical Right coast to coast.

Walker was offered the title of Grand Dragon of the KKK, but he turned it down.   Nevertheless, he was perhaps one of the most beloved members of the Minutemen, coast to coast.   Minutemen as far west as Harry Dean and Loran Hall in Southern California had seen Walker in the context of Radical Right rallies.   Walker was also well-known in Louisiana radical politics, by such figures as Kent Courtney and Leander Perez.

Many CTers today claim that General Walker was a "crazy old coot" but they don't know the history.  They remain blinded by the fact that JFK and RFK had sent Walker to an insane asylum.   They stop looking at Walker at that point (end of 1962) and they fail to track Walker and his Dallas Minutemen throughout 1963.

Jeff Caufield (2015) linked General Walker also with 544 Camp Street in NOLA, along with Gerry Patrick Hemming, Guy Banister, David Ferrie and Clay Shaw.  The Minutemen were a coast to coast operation.    And it was a Minuteman who took a home movie of the bullet holes in Walker's house in Dallas, and then his airplane flight to New Orleans to film Lee Harvey Oswald handing out FPCC fliers on Canal Street.   

The Minutemen under General Walker are front and center in the JFK assassination in Dallas -- and yet the JFK CTer research into them is only just beginning after more than a half-century.   That's the status, and I can't find enough words to encourage your digging, Jason.   Please keep digging.

All best,
--Paul

Edited by Paul Trejo

9 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

The Dallas Radical Right, of whom the Minutemen were the most heavily armed and organized in a paramilitary manner

Hi Paul,

I think here in 2018 we don't appreciate the condition of civil conflict in that era.   Basically, the Civil War sat dormant for about 100 years via Jim Crow and segregation, then erupted again with the Warren Court and civil rights legislation.   Perhaps the added perception (on the Right) that Kennedy was soft on communism just became the last straw?

Imagine the popular and official reaction if the kind of plot on a US air force base, mentioned below, were discovered today.   Imagine that North Korea or al-qaeda or Iran or Putin was traced to the kind of plot mentioned below - it might start a war.

Jason

Minutemen_bombard_AFB.png

Minutemen_laylow.png

no_legal_means_left.png

MMen_civil_war.png

Edited by Jason Ward

Because he appears as the author of many 1963-1964 government cables about the extreme Right in Dallas / Ft Worth, I will resurrect a name that pops up from time to time in JFKa literature: Frank Ellsworth.   

This ATF agent is concerned with the illegal weapons trade and has developed a strong informant in the Minuteman.  He's also tracking John Thomas Masen and an effort by anti-Castro Cubans to obtain a large stockpile of guns.  Finally, he was in Dealey Plaza, met with Hosty, and searched the TSBD on 22 November 1963.  Interesting guy?

[Paul Trejo - whatever else we may think of the La Fontaines, their two points below are indirectly supported by ATF documents I've found.   The Minutemen, Walker, Masen, Surrey, and friends all controlled stockpiles of illegal, military grade weapons.  This was for their planned takoever of the communist US government, but it also attracted the interest of anti-Castro Cubans.  Walker owned or controlled a ranch near Venus, Texas, where the Minutemen would practice shooting, it seems.]

I know that John Elrod's is an alcoholic and unreliable witness.  Even so, the salient points in his retelling of jail conversations is very much supported by 180+ ATF documents I've read, mostly written by Frank Ellsworth in pursuit of the DFW weapons trade.  Whether or not Elrod heard this information in jail, whether or not he talked to or about Oswald & Ruby, the gun trade in Dallas story makes a lot of sense.  There was an active weapons trade among the far right in Dallas, aka the Minutemen.  Perhaps there is a glimmer of truth in here somewhere?

I think I'll do a FOIA on more Ellsworth-produced Minutemen/Walker documents.

1. From Peter Dale Scott's Deep Politics and the Death of JFK (1993), p 255.

Peter_Dale_Scott_Deep_POlitics_Frank_Ell

2. From Mary and Ray La Fontaine's Oswald Talked: the New Evidence in the JFK Assassination (1996), p. 374

Oswald_Talked_p_374_Frank_Ellsworth_TSBD

3. From a 1994 Washington Post article by the La Fontaines.

Oswald_Minutemen_Gunrunning.png

4. August 1964 FBI Airtel:
Elrod3.png

Elrod1.png

Elrod2.png

5. April 1964 FBI memo captioned "MINUTEMEN"

Dallas Minuteman John Masen's illegal gun trade was active at a very interesting moment in history; also note the interesting day that Ellsworth met with Hosty to talk about Masen's arrest:

Masen_20_Nov_arrest_Ellsworth.png

6. ARRB FINAL REPORT (1998)

Minutemen John Masen supplies guns to the DRE - home of General Walker's friend Carlos Bringuier

Masen_arrb_final_report_DRE.png

Edited by Jason Ward

4 hours ago, Jason Ward said:

Hi Paul,

I think here in 2018 we don't appreciate the condition of civil conflict in that era.   Basically, the Civil War sat dormant for about 100 years via Jim Crow and segregation, then erupted again with the Warren Court and civil rights legislation.   Perhaps the added perception (on the Right) that Kennedy was soft on communism just became the last straw?

Imagine the popular and official reaction if the kind of plot on a US air force base, mentioned below, were discovered today.   Imagine that North Korea or al-qaeda or Iran or Putin was traced to the kind of plot mentioned below - it might start a war.

Jason

Minutemen_bombard_AFB.png

Minutemen_laylow.png

no_legal_means_left.png

MMen_civil_war.png

Jason,

I'm just getting into Leander Perez, Boss of The Delta, and some early tidbits tie into this, I think. 

Paraphrased from the book:

Leander was raised a strict catholic, and for him, religion was a bulwark of the status quo. When it became a force for progress and civil rights, he rejected it. 

Perez was clearly not in line with JFK's agenda.

Roger

21 hours ago, Roger DeLaria said:

Jason,

I'm just getting into Leander Perez, Boss of The Delta, and some early tidbits tie into this, I think. 

Paraphrased from the book:

Leander was raised a strict catholic, and for him, religion was a bulwark of the status quo. When it became a force for progress and civil rights, he rejected it. 

Perez was clearly not in line with JFK's agenda.

Roger

Roger,

There is a section on Louisiana and Leander Perez.In the academic book, Citizens Council (1971) by Neil R. McMillan.  This book chronicles the birth and spread of the White Citizens Council organization starting in Mississippi in 1955, in reaction to Earl Warren's Brown Decision for public school integration.-

That section tells of the League of Catholic Men (IIRC) in Louisiana who formed their own Citizens Council in order to prevent the racial integration of Catholic Schools.  Leander Perez was one of their sponsors.  They were active in local government until the Catholic Bishop of that Diocese told them that if they persisted in this anti-Christian nonsense, that they would all be excommunicated.  They quickly disbanded.

There was possibly a majority of Catholics in Louisiana; then as now.

Yet that didn't stop Guy Banister from pursuing the White Citizens Councils in Louisiana among Protestants.  Even then he made little progress until he linked his Racism with Anticommunism.   His slogan was, "Race-mixing is Communist!"    He really believed the Brown Decision was a Soviet plot to undermine the USA.   According to Jeff Caufield --- Ex-General Walker believed that, too.

So did many Minutemen. 

The Minutemen, as Harry Dean, told me personally, as a former member of the Minutemen, had the main motivation of Anticommunism -- coast to coast.   The Cubans were going to invade Our Town, USA.   (We see this same spirit in the 1984 movie, Red Dawn, starring Patrick Swayze; yes, it took 20 years to finally get this script plot into Hollywood.   IMHO, this movie is crucial if we want to understand the Yankee-style Minutemen, coast to coast.)   

Racism was not the main part of it -- unless you could link Race integration in with Communism in some twisty way.

But if we want to understand the Minutemen of the South, specifically, we should also look more closely into the White Citizens' Councils (1955-1975), because these groups were among the key sponsors of the speeches of General Walker in the South.

All best,
--Paul

Edited by Paul Trejo
typos

1 hour ago, Jason Ward said:

Because he appears as the author of many 1963-1964 government cables about the extreme Right in Dallas / Ft Worth, I will resurrect a name that pops up from time to time in JFKa literature: Frank Ellsworth.   

This ATF agent is concerned with the illegal weapons trade and has developed a strong informant in the Minuteman.  He's also tracking John Thomas Masen and an effort by anti-Castro Cubans to obtain a large stockpile of guns.  Finally, he was in Dealey Plaza, met with Hosty, and searched the TSBD on 22 November 1963.  Interesting guy?

[Paul Trejo - whatever else we may think of the La Fontaines, their two points below are indirectly supported by ATF documents I've found.   The Minutemen, Walker, Masen, Surrey, and friends all controlled stockpiles of illegal, military grade weapons.  This was for their planned takoever of the communist US government, but it also attracted the interest of anti-Castro Cubans.  Walker owned or controlled a ranch near Venus, Texas, where the Minutemen would practice shooting, it seems.]

I know that John Elrod's is an alcoholic and unreliable witness.  Even so, the salient points in his retelling of jail conversations is very much supported by 180+ ATF documents I've read, mostly written by Frank Ellsworth in pursuit of the DFW weapons trade.  Whether or not Elrod heard this information in jail, whether or not he talked to or about Oswald & Ruby, the gun trade in Dallas story makes a lot of sense.  There was an active weapons trade among the far right in Dallas, aka the Minutemen.  Perhaps there is a glimmer of truth in here somewhere?  

Hi Jason,

Yes, ATF agent Frank Ellsworth is a vital source for those seeking any connection between General Walker and the JFK Assassination.  In this regard, Frank Ellsworth also names the Minutemen.

We can compare the affidavit that Ellsworth supplied to the WC with Jack Ruby's WC testimony -- both named Walker in connection with the JFK Assassination, but Ruby added the John Birch Society, while Ellsworth added the Minutemen.

I will cite Harry Dean here -- because his account in Southern California, where he saw General Walker -- was in the context of both the Minutemen and the John Birch Society.    Some writers have said that the Minutemen were the "armed cadre" of the John Birch Society.

All best,
--Paul

Edited by Paul Trejo

9 minutes ago, Paul Trejo said:

Hi Jason,

Yes, ATF agent Frank Ellsworth is a vital source for those seeking any connection between General Walker and the JFK Assassination.  In this regard, Frank Ellsworth also names the Minutemen.

We can compare the affidavit that Ellsworth supplied to the WC with Jack Ruby's WC testimony -- both named Walker in connection with the JFK Assassination, but Ruby added the John Birch Society, while Ellsworth added the Minutemen.

I will cite Harry Dean here -- because his account in Southern California, where he saw General Walker -- was in the context of both the Minutemen and the John Birch Society.    Some writers have said that the Minutemen were the "armed cadre" of the John Birch Society.

All best,
--Paul

Hi Paul,

Besides offering a potential venue for the forgotten-box-in-the-attic of old family papers that I am hoping for, meaning a box of old papers that will help solve the assassination....notice how Ellsworth family lore indicates yet another version of how evidence was found in the TSBD in contrast to police and sheriff versions:

Ellsworth_finds_gun_in_TSBD.png

SOURCE: Raycom News Network: http://raycomgroup.worldnow.com/story/24048974/etx-man-credited-with-finding-oswalds-gun-in-book-depository

22 hours ago, Jason Ward said:

...I think I'll do a FOIA on more Ellsworth-produced Minutemen/Walker documents.

1. From Peter Dale Scott's Deep Politics and the Death of JFK (1993), p 255.

2. From Mary and Ray La Fontaine's, Oswald Talked: the New Evidence in the JFK Assassination (1996), p. 374

3. From a 1994 Washington Post article by the La Fontaines.

4. August 1964 FBI Airtel: 

5. April 1964 FBI memo captioned "MINUTEMEN"

•  Dallas Minuteman John Masen's illegal gun trade was active at a very interesting moment in history; also note the interesting day that Ellsworth met with Hosty to talk about Masen's arrest:

6. ARRB FINAL REPORT (1998)

• Minutemen John Masen supplies guns to the DRE - home of General Walker's friend Carlos Bringuier

Hi Jason,

I look forward to your FOIA results for documents on ATF Agent Frank Ellsworth as it relates to General Walker and the Dallas Minutemen.

As Ellsworth told to the Warren Commission staff: An organization known as the Minutemen is the right-wing group most likely to have been associated with any effort to assassinate the president...The Minutemen are closely tied to General Walker...

We need more FOIA documents about General Walker and the Minutemen -- that is certain.    I would also seek further documentation about:

1.  Events and Dallas official participants on 11/22/1963 behind the picket fence of the Grassy Knoll
2.  Events and Dallas official participants on 11/22/1963 at the Texas School Book Depository building
3.  Events and Dallas official participants on 11/22/1963 at Oak Cliff's Texas Theater
4.  Events and Dallas official participants on 11/22/1963 at Ruth Paine's garage
5.  Events and Dallas official participants on 11/22/1963 at LHO's North Beckley address
6.  Events and Dallas official participants on 11/22/1963 at the Dallas City Jail.

The documents we have from the Warren Commission are woefully inadequate.   I would additionally like to see:

7.  Any semblance of correspondence between Chief Jesse Curry and General Walker
8.  Any semblance of correspondence between Sheriff Bill Decker and Captain Will Fritz
9.  Any semblance of correspondence between Sheriff Bill Decker and Chief Jesse Curry
10. Any semblance of correspondence between Sheriff Bill Decker and General Walker
11. Any semblance of correspondence between Captain Will Fritz  and Chief Jesse Curry
12. Any semblance of correspondence between Captain Will Fritz  and General Walker
13. Any correspondence between any of the above with Dallas FBI agent James Hosty.
14. Any correspondence between any of the above with Dallas SS agent Forrest Sorrels.

15. Membership list of the Friends of Walker in Dallas  (to cross-check against Dallas Police and Deputies)
16. Membership list of the Dallas Minutemen (to cross-check against Dallas Police and Deputies)
17. Membership list of the John Birch Society chapter led by General Walker (to cross-check against Dallas Police and Deputies)

Best wishes with your FOIA requests, Jason.

All best,
--Paul 

Edited by Paul Trejo
typos

10 minutes ago, Jason Ward said:

Hi Paul,

Besides offering a potential venue for the forgotten-box-in-the-attic of old family papers that I am hoping for, meaning a box of old papers that will help solve the assassination....notice how Ellsworth family lore indicates yet another version of how evidence was found in the TSBD in contrast to police and sheriff versions:

SOURCE: Raycom News Network: http://raycomgroup.worldnow.com/story/24048974/etx-man-credited-with-finding-oswalds-gun-in-book-depository

Hi Jason,

One of the quirks in the story of Frank Ellsworth's son a generation later, is that he says that the "Police Chief" led his father into the TSBD building.

I realize that this son credits his father with finding the sniper's nest and the Oswald rifle -- but I think that is simply a time-compression account of events, leaving out the "unimportant" characters, like the Dallas DPD and Deputies.   

What is more upsetting to me is his claim that the "Police Chief" led Ellsworth into the building.  Because the "Police Chief" was Jesse Curry, and he denied going into the TSBD building on 11/22/1963.

So -- if Les Ellsworth's story has any merit -- it might go like this: (1) Jesse Curry led Frank Ellsworth into the TSBD the next day; (2) while there, Frank examined the sniper's nest area, and the place where the Dallas Deputies found the alleged assassination rifle; and (3) back at DPD headquarters, Curry showed Frank the alleged Oswald rifle, and asked him to research the source of its bullets and other ballistics data.

As time-and-character compression it makes sense.   Otherwise, it's sort of family-inflating and fictional sounding, IMHO.

I think this goes back to our earlier discussion about demanding PRIMARY DOCUMENTS in the context of the JFK Assassination -- as far as possible.

All best,
--Paul

1 hour ago, Paul Trejo said:

So -- if Les Ellsworth's story has any merit -- it might go like this: (1) Jesse Curry led Frank Ellsworth into the TSBD the next day; (2) while there, Frank examined the sniper's nest area, and the place where the Dallas Deputies found the alleged assassination rifle; and (3) back at DPD headquarters, Curry showed Frank the alleged Oswald rifle, and asked him to research the source of its bullets and other ballistics data.

As time-and-character compression it makes sense.   Otherwise, it's sort of family-inflating and fictional sounding, IMHO.

I think this goes back to our earlier discussion about demanding PRIMARY DOCUMENTS in the context of the JFK Assassination -- as far as possible.

Hi Paul,

Detective Sims supports Les Ellsworth's story at least as far as saying that ATF agent Frank Ellsworth was on the 6th Floor with Fritz, before Fritz left to confront Oswald. So the population of those inside the TSBD after the assassination remains elusive, but tends to increase.

Warren Commission Hearings Volume 22, p. 512:

Ellsworth_at_TSBD_says_Sims_LI.jpg

Edited by Jason Ward

19 minutes ago, Jason Ward said:

Hi Paul,

Detective Sims supports Les Ellsworth's story at least as far as saying that ATF agent Frank Ellsworth was there pretty soon after the shell casings were found.  So, again, the stories of who was inside the TSBD after the assassination continue to multiply.

Warren Commission Hearings Volume 22, p. 512:

Hi Jason,

Great find.  This complicates matters ... Yet I will also note here that Police Chief Jesse Curry was not named in that report by Detective Sims (in contrast to the story by Les Ellsworth).

What struck me between the eyes in Sims' report, however, was that the alleged murder Rifle was found 5 feet from the WEST wall... As  Boyd had said!

All best,

--Paul

Edited by Paul Trejo