The Education Forum

General Walker, Lee Harvey Oswald and Dallas Officials

8 hours ago, Roger DeLaria said:

With so many shenanigans going on in NO, and Garrison's suspicions, I wonder where Leander Perez might fit into all of this? He certainly ruled Plaquemines Parish with an iron fist, and was very influential. He certainly could have been behind the scenes here in some capacity. I haven't really looked into it yet, but will be reading Leander Perez: Boss Of The Delta by Glen Jeansonne soon, and will see what comes out of it.

http://www.upress.state.ms.us/books/943

Hi Roger,

Did you ever visit Plaquemines Parish?   I drove down from New Orleans once.  There's not much there and easy to believe it was ruled by Perez because even today it looks stuck in about 1935.   A totally different America than many of us know and the link between Perez and Walker is documented.

Jason

1. This is from Jerry Rose writing in The Third Decade, Vol 6, iss 4, (1990).

Walker_perez_3rd_decade.png

2. FBI memo from 1962; General Walker made his big splash into federal law enforcement files by opposing desegregation at Ole Miss, with the support of Leander Perez:

Leander_Walker_FBI_1962_ole_miss.png

3. hmmmm.....is it possible Garrison deliberately threw suspicion onto the CIA in order to keep it away from Leander Perez, Gen Walker, and the radical right?

Garrison_radical_right_leander_perez_fbi

4. Gary Shaw and Bernard Fensterwald were at this point exploring a connection between JFK and the OAS/deGaulle assassination attempts; this is from an affidavit they filed in support of a FOIA request.  This appears in the Russ Holmes work files:

Leander_Perz_and_Louis_davis.png

5. Lamar Waldron and Thom Hartman connect Milteer and Leander Perez.....and we know what Milteer is famous for, right?  This is from their book, Ultimate Sacrifice, p. 683.

Milteer_Leander_Perez_from_Ultimate_Sacr

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jason Ward said:

Hi Roger,

Did you ever visit Plaquemines Parish?   I drove down from New Orleans once.  There's not much there and easy to believe it was ruled by Perez because even today it looks stuck in about 1935.   A totally different America than many of us know and the link between Perez and Walker is documented.

Jason

2. FBI memo from 1962; General Walker made his big splash into federal law enforcement files by opposing desegregation at Ole Miss, with the support of Leander Perez:

3. hmmmm.....is it possible Garrison deliberately threw suspicion onto the CIA in order to keep it away from Leander Perez, Gen Walker, and the radical right?

4. Gary Shaw and Bernard Fensterwald were at this point exploring a connection between JFK and the OAS/deGaulle assassination attempts; this is from an affidavit they filed in support of a FOIA request.  This appears in the Russ Holmes work files:

5. Lamar Waldron and Thom Hartman connect Milteer and Leander Perez.....and we know what Milteer is famous for, right?  This is from their book, Ultimate Sacrifice, p. 683.

Jason - the last document about Davis mentions Banister working with OAS. Previously on another thread you documented Souetre's visit to New Orleans and meeting with Banister. It looks like these two incidents may be connected. If you see more intersections between OAS and Banister, Walker, and Shaw, please post them. 

There simply is not sufficient forensic and admissible evidence to link LHO to the Walker shooting. The bullet could not be traced to the alleged assassination rifle to the exclusion of all other rifles. The alleged undated letter has questionable provenance and would not be admissible based on the spousal immunity privilege. Likewise anything LHO said to Marina about the shooting. There are no eyewitnesses who could link LHO to the shooting. There is no reasonable explanation how he transported the rifle to the walker residence as he did not have a car and there are no eyewitnesses of him taking a bus with the weapon. THere is also no reasonable explanation what happened to the rifle the night of the shooting since he did not return with it. There has been some speculation he buried the rifle yet the rifle did not contain any dirt or signs of being buried, he had no rifle cleaning equipment and no bag that would have been used to bury the rifle so that it would not be soiled from such burial. In sum, the linkage of LHO to the Walker shooting cannot be established beyond a reasonable doubt.  Perhaps this is why the shooting was an open case at the time of the assassination.     

11 hours ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

There simply is not sufficient forensic and admissible evidence to link LHO to the Walker shooting. The bullet could not be traced to the alleged assassination rifle to the exclusion of all other rifles. The alleged undated letter has questionable provenance and would not be admissible based on the spousal immunity privilege. Likewise anything LHO said to Marina about the shooting. There are no eyewitnesses who could link LHO to the shooting.

There is no reasonable explanation how he transported the rifle to the walker residence as he did not have a car and there are no eyewitnesses of him taking a bus with the weapon.

There is also no reasonable explanation what happened to the rifle the night of the shooting since he did not return with it. There has been some speculation he buried the rifle yet the rifle did not contain any dirt or signs of being buried, he had no rifle cleaning equipment and no bag that would have been used to bury the rifle so that it would not be soiled from such burial. In sum, the linkage of LHO to the Walker shooting cannot be established beyond a reasonable doubt. 

Perhaps this is why the shooting was an open case at the time of the assassination.     

Lawrence,

This is mostly correct.   All we have are hearsay reports, but most especially, the sworn testimony of Marina Oswald to the Warren Commission.   She said two things: (1) that Lee Harvey Oswald told her personally that he was a shooter at Walker -- on the very night it happened; and (2) that Lee Harvey Oswald told her that Michael Paine knew that he had taken a shot at Walker.

If (and only if) we accept Marina's testimony, as I do, then we must also take that testimony as a fact, because, legally, sworn testimony is factual evidence.

Now -- Lee Harvey Oswald was also accustomed to lying to Marina Oswald, so there were three major lies that Oswald included (if we take Dallas Police Reports into account), namely: (1) that he did this alone, without any accomplices; (2) that he did this on foot, without any cars; and (3) that he "buried" his rifle before coming home.

The Dallas Police Reports have an eye-witness -- a boy -- who saw two men running from the scene of the crime to a car in the parking lot of the Mormon Church across the alley behind Walker's home.   He did not see any faces, but he clearly saw two men running and rushing into a car, and speeding off.

If (and only if) we accept Marina's testimony, as I do, and if we accept this police report, then we must admit that Lee Harvey Oswald lied to Marina about having no accomplices.  Also, he lied about being on foot. 

Finally, the Russian word for "buried" also means "hid".   So, Marina probably told the translator that Lee said he "hid" his rifle, and the translator told the WC counsel that Lee "buried" his rifle.   Simple mistake.   Yet insofar as Lee had accomplices with a car, then he could have simply left his rifle in the trunk of their car, and called that, "hidden."   Also, there is no necessity to believe that Oswald used his own rifle -- he could have used one of his accomplices' rifles.

The bottom line -- insofar as Marina Oswald is telling the truth, then Lee Harvey Oswald most certainly took that pot shot at General Walker.  

WHY?   George De Mohrenschildt answers that fairly carefully in his manuscript, I'm a Patsy!  I'm a Patsy! (1977).   There Mohrenschildt confessed that he and Volkmar Schmidt goaded Oswald into shooting at Walker.   They called Walker, "General Fokker," and compared him with Adolf Hitler.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

14 hours ago, Jason Ward said:

Hi Roger,

Jason

Jason,

No, I've never been to Plaquemines Parish. Maybe I'll get there some day. A lot of history to be absorbed there, for sure. Sounds like a trip back throught time. There might be some old timers still around who remember that whole era, making for some interesting recollections.

Very good collection of materials here dealing with the Walker shooting.  I apologize for my infrequent visits but would just like to pipe in a small bit while admitting that I do not have my own research notes handy .

I believe that Edwin Walker was involved with Oswald's defection to Russia and in my conversations with Gerry Patrick Hemming, he said I was exactly correct in this conclusion.  In my research dealing with Oswald's defection I have also shown how both Walker and Oswald could have been on the same airplane while Oswald traveled to Helsinki which would perhaps explain the reason the passenger records were never included in the Warren Commission report.  

I have proven that Oswald spent extra money to get to Helsinki by backtracking to London from France on his way to Helsinki.  It was Gary Mack that found this research of interest because, as Gary Mack agreed, it was an example of Oswald spending extra funds from his limited supply that he did not need to spend to get to Helsinki.  Oswald's "extra" travel day overlaps with a message sent from the American Ambassador to Helsinki (Hickerson I do believe) which gives directions on how to receive a Visa into Russia within 24 hours.  Oswald would follow this procedure and receive his Russian Visa within 24 hours.

I believe that Oswald and Walker had met while Oswald journeyed to Helsinki.  I believe Oswald did as he said and did provide information to the Soviets which  may have led to the downing of Francis Gary Powers and his U-2 which subsequently led to the failure of the Paris Summit.  The failure of the Paris Summit seems to have been on Oswald's mind shortly after the alleged attempt on Walkers life because he spoke directly about it during his speech at Spring Hill College while in New Orleans.

Oswald apparently referred to Walker as the leader of an organization that did not want to see peace between the Soviet Union and the US which is not what the general public thought.  The press at the time on Walker was about Walker being a segregationist.

Walker's fall from grace coincides with Oswald's earliest attempt to return to the US from Russia.  Oswald refers to a first note to the State Dept. vs the first one the Warren Commission says he sent.  The Warren Commission refers to Oswald's "diary' to show that there was not a first note but when we look at the diary there is literally no information written for a month prior to the note the Warren Commission mentions.  In addition Walker's Pro Blue Program, that led to his resignation from the military had been in operation for years without any opposition to it till Oswald is preparing to return to the US.

I believe that Oswald had a motive that led him to attempt to assassinate Walker.  I also believe that Walker recognized Oswald immediately upon seeing his face plastered all over TV after the assassination which led Walker to arrange the interview with the German publication that first reviled Walker's belief that Oswald had shot at Walker.  I believe Walker thought he could be tied to Oswald and could then be tied to the assassination in some way.....Walker was nervous immediately after the assassination even, I believe, having the pilot of the plane he was on signing his ticket to prove he was not in Dallas at the time.

My thoughts lead me to believe that no one was happier than Walker when Oswald was himself assassinated.

Has anybody read the pre-assassination post Walker shooting letter written by John J. McCloy to Walker?  I posted it some years ago and have found copies of that letter in three places.  During WWII Walker and his troops did several missions that McCloy was specifically involved in as Asst. Sec. of War.

Jim Root

3 hours ago, Jim Root said:

I believe that Edwin Walker was involved with Oswald's defection to Russia and in my conversations with Gerry Patrick Hemming, he said I was exactly correct in this conclusion. 

It was Gary Mack that found this research of interest because, as Gary Mack agreed, 

Jim Root

Jim,

Nice to meet you and many thanks for posting in this thread.

You've got many things I hope we can discuss but the two that really intrigue me are:

1. that Hemming implicated Walker in connection with Oswald's defection, and, 
  2. Gary Mack's interest....he knew the true identity of the person who made the 'John T Martin' Film.   The person behind this film knows the identity of the assassination authors.

You seem to have a predilection for primary sources which is in short supply around here. I really appreciate that as most of the conspiracy theorists cite conspiracy books or each other.

I'm going to eat dinner, play with the kids,  put the kids to bed etc., and then I'll post again.  I hope you'll entertain a few more questions for me over the next few days .  Please stick around.

Jason 

Paul- Marina's testimony would not be admissible because of the spousal immunity doctrine. indeed, she should not have been able to testify before the Warren Commission. she also had over 40 interviews by the secret service without the benefit of counsel before she appeared before the WC. The veracity of her testimony is highly questionable-especially since she testified that she was afraid of being deported and made it clear that she was trying to cooperate to avoid such an outcome. 

9 hours ago, Jim Root said:

...both Walker and Oswald could have been on the same airplane while Oswald traveled to Helsinki which would perhaps explain the reason the passenger records were never included in the Warren Commission report...

9 hours ago, Jim Root said:

...a message sent from the American Ambassador to Helsinki (Hickerson I do believe) which gives directions on how to receive a Visa into Russia within 24 hours.  Oswald would follow this procedure and receive his Russian Visa within 24 hours....

Oswald apparently referred to Walker as the leader of an organization that did not want to see peace between the Soviet Union and the US which is not what the general public thought.  The press at the time on Walker was about Walker being a segregationist.

I believe that Oswald had a motive that led him to attempt to assassinate Walker.  I also believe that Walker recognized Oswald immediately upon seeing his face plastered all over TV after the assassination...

My thoughts lead me to believe that no one was happier than Walker when Oswald was himself assassinated.

Has anybody read the pre-assassination post Walker shooting letter written by John J. McCloy to Walker?  I posted it some years ago and have found copies of that letter in three places.  During WWII Walker and his troops did several missions that McCloy was specifically involved in as Asst. Sec. of War.

Jim Root

Hi Jim, thanks again for your input.

1. The London-Helsinki segment of Oswald's journey is obviously problematic and anyway why would Oswald know that Helsinki is uniquely a conduit for immediate, no waiting, travel to the USSR?

2. The idea of a military man who wants a war between the Soviets and Americans is something of a recurring theme of the era.   Patton wanted war, Dr. Strangelove, etc.  One thing that sticks out to me is that Oswald is groomed specifically to get Americans believing that Moscow or Havana is behind the assassination.   Yet immediately LBJ decides with Earl Warren's agreement, that this angle must be refuted.  LHO must be a lone nut, not Moscow connected.   Doesn't this suggest that the pre-assassination building of Oswald's legend was done with a different motive or by different people than the post-assassination explanation for Oswald as delivered by the WR?

3. It sounds like you believe Walker was surprised either by the assassination or by Oswald's immediate public identity as the assassin -or surprised by both?  As you say, he has the airline flight crew sign his ticket while airborne to establish an alibi, doesn't this prove advanced knowledge?

4. Ruby implicates Gen Walker in his testimony.  Somehow this is ignored by most every CT.   Do you see Walker behind Oswald's assassination or is this a surprise to Walker?

5. I'll look for the McCloy letter.  What's the significance?

Jason

19 hours ago, Jim Root said:

Jim Root

The letters you posted between John J McCloy and General Edwin Walker are here:

Jim, I've tried to read over your posts regarding these letters, and if I read you correctly your main point is that this  shows enmity between McCloy and Walker; or, by extension, between the JFK administration and Walker.  right?

Furthermore, your overall view is that the assassination is in it's most critical context a controversy over US/Soviet relations, right?

Jason

Edited by Jason Ward

18 hours ago, Jason Ward said:

1. The London-Helsinki segment of Oswald's journey is obviously problematic and anyway why would Oswald know that Helsinki is uniquely a conduit for immediate, no waiting, travel to the USSR?

Hello Jason 

I will attempt to give you my thoughts on your questions:

Oswald's travel from London to Helsinki is one of several questions that bugged me for years.  At first it was for no other reason than the passenger list were not made public in the Warren Commission Report.  As I focused in on Edwin Walker I found that it was possible that Walker was traveling in Europe at approximately the same time as Oswald but the two would have been heading in two different directions, Oswald toward Helsinki (North), Walker toward Augsburg, Germany (South).  The Swedish government suggested that Oswald was in Stockholm during his journey to Helsinki. With the help of a researcher in Finland we were able to find that the most likely plane (of three) that landed in Helsinki started the day in Frankfort went on to Hamberg then Stockholm and finally Helsinki.  Walker would have traveled to either Frankfort or Hamberg prior to arriving in Augsburg.  We were able to prove that there were planes from London to Frankfort that would have allowed Oswald to arrive in time to board that plane and the same is true if he flew to Hamberg. Before Oswald began his journey to Europe he told his Marine friend that he was going to Germany.

During the Select Committee on Assassinations the question of entry into the Soviet Union via Helsinki was asked and answered when a memo was declassified where Ambassador Hickerson sent a message that stated that he had learned that a person could receive a Visa within 24 hours if they first exchanged US money for Russian Intourist vouchers.  Mystery solved but that message was sent one day before Oswald arrived and it appears he followed the directions exactly as Ambassador Hickerson suggested.  But there was a second earlier Hickerson message that was declassified at the same time.  In that message Hickerson had learned that the Soviet Ambassador could issue visas into Russia without having them cleared by Moscow.  The date of that message was a day before Oswald applied for his Passport in Santa Ana, California where Oswald lists, along with many other European destinations, Helsinki. I personally have a hard time believing those to notes and how they overlap with Oswalds travels are a troubling coincidence. 

One more coincidence is that Ambassador Hickerson and Edwin Walker's paths would have crossed during WWII when Walker was involved with the a joint Canadian/American force known as the First Special Services Forces.  Hickerson was the American diplomat that was coordinating with the Canadians on the use of allied forces in Europe.

Jim Root

19 hours ago, Jason Ward said:

2. The idea of a military man who wants a war between the Soviets and Americans is something of a recurring theme of the era.   Patton wanted war, Dr. Strangelove, etc.  One thing that sticks out to me is that Oswald is groomed specifically to get Americans believing that Moscow or Havana is behind the assassination.   Yet immediately LBJ decides with Earl Warren's agreement, that this angle must be refuted.  LHO must be a lone nut, not Moscow connected.   Doesn't this suggest that the pre-assassination building of Oswald's legend was done with a different motive or by different people than the post-assassination explanation for Oswald as delivered by the WR?

For me this is rather simple......Oswald's own quotes suggest that Lee Harvey Oswald believed Walker did not want peace.  My suggestion is that if Walker was the person who provided Oswald with the information necessary to easily enter the Soviet Union and if, as Oswald said he was going to do, Oswald provided information that could have been used to down the U-2 spy plane on October 1, 1960, which then led to the failure of the Paris Summit, Oswald could have seen himself as a patsy that was set up with the help of Walker and was duped into playing a part in the failure of the Paris Summit.  Oswald's speech at Spring Hill Colleges suggests that the failure of the Paris Summit weighed heavily on his mind.

Jim Root

19 hours ago, Jason Ward said:

3. It sounds like you believe Walker was surprised either by the assassination or by Oswald's immediate public identity as the assassin -or surprised by both?  As you say, he has the airline flight crew sign his ticket while airborne to establish an alibi, doesn't this prove advanced knowledge?

Walker was considered a political enemy of Kennedy who lived in Dallas.  I believe that upon hearing that Kennedy had been shot in Dallas Walker wanted to prove that he was not in Dallas.  Simple as that.  After that though Walker, just as every American, saw the image of Lee Harvey Oswald painted on every TV screen in America.  It is my belief it was then that Walker recognized Oswald from Walkers involvement in helping Oswald enter the Soviet Union. Within hours Walker is doing an interview with a German publication which prints a story that says Oswald tried to kill Walker.  My suggestion is that Walker knew immediately that Oswald was a subject of interest to US intelligence and to Soviet intelligence and that he, Walker, could be tied to the Oswald.  That to me would be a very scary prospect Walker would have to deal with......until Oswald was dead.

Jim Root