The Education Forum

Testimony of Walter J. Sheridan

I didn't know Garrison charged Sheridan with public libel.  Wonder if there is anything more available on this bit?  Did I just miss it or maybe have forgotten it from Destiny Betrayed or elsewhere? 

Edited by Ron Bulman

Wow, this is even worse than I imagined.

Sheridan comes off like Reagan on Iran contra:  I don't know,  I don't remember to half the questions.

BTW, Sheridan's family would not give the ARRB the outtakes and notes from the infamous NBC special.  Instead they returned them to NBC.

FYI, Ron, Garrison did indict Sheridan for libel and bribery.  Jack Miller got the case transferred to federal court and it was dismissed.  If it had gone t trial in state court, Sheridan would have been convicted.   Miller did the same for both Allen Dulles and Gordon Novel.

Can you believe what he says about Ferrie?  Incredible.  And he says he did not know much about Marcello?  

Most shocking of all, they never bring up the fact that he was chief of counter intelligence for the NSA. He therefore had to interface with Angleton.  Sheridan always kept that hidden.

BTW, did you notice the missing pages, about 12 of them.

Why, withheld at this date?

22 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Wow, this is even worse than I imagined.

Sheridan comes off like Reagan on Iran contra:  I don't know,  I don't remember to half the questions.

BTW, Sheridan's family would not give the ARRB the outtakes and notes from the infamous NBC special.  Instead they returned them to NBC.

FYI, Ron, Garrison did indict Sheridan for libel and bribery.  Jack Miller got the case transferred to federal court and it was dismissed.  If it had gone t trial in state court, Sheridan would have been convicted.   Miller did the same for both Allen Dulles and Gordon Novel.

Can you believe what he says about Ferrie?  Incredible.  And he says he did not know much about Marcello?  

Most shocking of all, they never bring up the fact that he was chief of counter intelligence for the NSA. He therefore had to interface with Angleton.  Sheridan always kept that hidden.

So your saying Miller got the indictments of Sheridan, for libel and bribery, by the Only Prosecutor in history to prosecute a case in the Murder of JFK, swept under the rug so to speak?  I'm not sure memory serves me correctly on "did the same for Dulles and Novell".  Didn't Garrison subpoena Dulles and it was simply ignored in regard to extradition?  The same with Novell after he was conveniently relocated from Louisiana?  Is this close to what happened?  

Miller did all those things.

You are correct, about the subpoenas.  When Novel fled to Ohio, and Garrison wanted him back for questioning, Miller got the denial upheld.  Same with Dulles.  You are also correct that with some of those subpoenas, the CIA worked in the background with judges to just get them ignored.

I spent a lot of time on Sheridan in the second edition of Destiny Betrayed. On who he was, what he did, and his relations with CIA, and how he harassed Garrison's witnesses in (sometimes) successful attempts to flip them.

It is simply unfathomable that the committee did not ask him about his years as chief of Counter Intelligence for NSA.  I mean that was in the Navasky book about Bobby Kennedy, which was published in 1971.  Apparently they did not read it.

The Garrison subpoena of Dulles at that point in time is kind of a Bingo moment to me.  Garrison knew something unusual to even try to reach that far at the time.  I wonder if he didn't know at the time the effort would fail but was trying to point a finger.  To shake things up.  Dulles wasn't really in the picture for most at the time.  Maybe a few considered it suspicious by then that he was the Former CIA director fired by JFK then appointed to the Warren Omission to investigate JFK's murder, but not many then.   Maybe a prescient effort by Garrison considering what has come out about Dulles over the years.

https://www.amazon.com/Devils-Chessboard-Dulles-Americas-Government/dp/0062276174/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1520823331&sr=1-1&keywords=the+devils+chessboard

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...