The Education Forum

CIA/KGB combo?

Why would they be knocked off?

To keep them from slipping a coded message to National Enquirer?

Hard to determine, Steve, seeing as how the KGB wasn't very transparent about its activities, and has always been pretty good at spreading fake news.

It is interesting, though, that Edward Ellis Smith (Popov's Mole, per Tennent H. Bagley) died in a strange temporary hit-and-run accident in 1982 in Redwood City, California, some 25 years after being the first CIA officer to be recruited by the KGB ...

--  Tommy  :sun

PS  And of course there WAS George DeMohrenschildt, wasn't there ...

Edited by Thomas Graves

On March 12, 2018 at 3:09 AM, Steve Thomas said:

If the assassination of JFK was committed by disaffected elements of the CIA and KGB, is there any evidence of KGB officials or other Russian witnesses dying suddenly in the immediate aftermath of JFK's assassination?

Steve Thomas

I like your question Steve. You can think outside the box. I can't provide evidence of the question you ask, but I can see the evidence of supranational forces at work then and now. 

On 10/17/2014 at 6:22 PM, Paul Trejo said:

Flaw in my logic? Nobody pointed out any flaw in my logic,

The only choices that I see are these:

(1) Phillips was really working with Guy Banister to make Lee Harvey Oswald believe that he was going to assassinate Fidel Castro and get a big reward and an official, salaried job with the CIA for for eliminating Castro -- knowing that this was all baloney and that Oswald was really being framed to be the patsy for the JFK murder; or

(2) Phillips was really fooled along with Lee Harvey Oswald to believe that Oswald was part of Operation Mongoose and AMLASH, which related to Phillips' official role in the CIA.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo   

And there's this, from Trejo:

In other words, Roscoe White was working with Guy Banister, even in the summer of 1963 -- along with David Ferrie, and with mercenaries like Gerry Patrick Hemming, Loran Hall, Larry Howard, Roy Hargraves, William Seymour, and countless Cuban refugees. (This was part-time, though, because Roscoe lived in Dallas.)

Their common goal was to assassinate Fidel Castro -- but there was a secondary goal known only to a very few -- namely, to assassinate JFK.

From this thread (it's a beauty).... http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/12851-michael-paine/?page=5&tab=comments#comment-290417

Paul also claims that Oswald went to Mexico City, with his rifle in a duffel bag, intending to go to Cuba and kill Castro.

Edited by Michael Clark

On 3/12/2018 at 6:09 AM, Steve Thomas said:

If the assassination of JFK was committed by disaffected elements of the CIA and KGB, is there any evidence of KGB officials or other Russian witnesses dying suddenly in the immediate aftermath of JFK's assassination?

Steve Thomas

I've found it peculiar that we didn't get more information out of Russia, or from Russians elsewhere, asfter the assassination.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:09 AM, Steve Thomas said:

Steve Thomas

Nope.  None I've ever read about.

One thing that dud happen was that Krushchev was ousted, and we know from personal communications between JFK and NK that both men feared their military hardliners. It was this revelation, combined with Angleton's paranoia and subsequently persistent and destructive hunt for Soviet moles, that got me wondering whether there was a deeper interpretation of east-west power structures than the conventional Cold War analysis we all assumed to be true. 

On 3/13/2018 at 9:38 PM, Paul Brancato said:

One thing that did happen was that Krushchev was ousted, and we know from personal communications between JFK and NK that both men feared their military hardliners. It was this revelation, combined with Angleton's paranoia and subsequently persistent and destructive hunt for Soviet moles, that got me wondering whether there was a deeper interpretation of east-west power structures than the conventional Cold War analysis we all assumed to be true. 

Paul,

EDIT ALERT:  I think Angleton's "paranoia" was quite justified, seeing as how a very important true defector, Ptyor Popov, had been arrested (and later executed) by KGB in October, 1959, under fake and long-in-the-making (due to the interruption caused by the important Penkovsky case) "surveillance scenario" conditions contrived by the KGB to protect the identity of the American mole (Edward Ellis Smith or someone whom he had helped the KGB to recruit) who had betrayed Popov -- thirteen months after his secret original arrest, at which time he had been "tripled" and actually played back against U.S. Intel !).  But even before Popov's well-publicized October 1959 arrest and trial, what had really gotten Angleton's attention was Popov's telling his CIA handler, George Kisevalter, in April, 1958, that a drunken GRU general had bragged to him at a party that the GRU already knew all about the super secret U-2 spy plane -- implying the existence of a really big-time mole in the U.S.

Please remember, too, that true defector Anatoly Golitsyn told U.S. Intel shortly after he defected in December, 1961, that it was compromised by a mole whom Golitsyn said was code-named "Sasha," but as it turned out several years later when the (now-inactive) Soviet spy, Igor Orlov, was finally tracked down at his art gallery in N.Y.C., "Sasha" wasn't his KGB code name, but his nickname!

As my final example in this little summary of why Angleton can be excused for being paranoid, there was J. Edgar Hoover's beloved "Fedora" who, to JEH's great chagrin, eventually turned out to have been a long term spy.

--  TG

PS   Etc,  Etc,  Etc

Edited by Thomas Graves

Regarding a CIA/KGB combo, the John Birch Society was always convinced that they acted in combination, because they were really working for the same Capitalist/Communist rich guys of the Eastern Establishment of New York and Washington DC.    We can see this Radical Right theory even in the pages of the Warren Commission, in the testimony of the very last witness in the WC hearings, namely, Revilo P. Oliver.

Oliver was always keen to defend General Walker from all suspicion -- even in the Ole Miss riots of 1962.   Oliver told the WC that there was no shade of difference between CIA and the KGB, since they always cooperated with each other on everything in their phony, Communist design to take over the whole planet.

Here is what JBS founder Robert Welch wrote in 1959:

This brings us to the most important of their separate Big Lies. The first is that Communism is a movement of the downtrodden masses against their oppressors. The truth is exactly the opposite. Communism is imposed on every country, from the top down, by a conspiratorial apparatus, headed and controlled by suave and utterly ruthless criminals, who are recruited from the richest families, most highly educated intellectuals, and most skillful politicians within that country. The rest of the show, including all of the noise made and work done by the poor ‘revolutionary’ beatniks and dupes at the bottom, is mere pretense and deception. (Robert Welch, The Politician, p. xxxxv)

This was the paranoid, Right Wing mentality that killed JFK, I'm convinced.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

• 1 month later...
On 3/14/2018 at 12:46 AM, Thomas Graves said:

On 3/13/2018 at 9:38 PM, Paul Brancato said:

One thing that did happen was that Krushchev was ousted, and we know from personal communications between JFK and NK that both men feared their military hardliners. It was this revelation, combined with Angleton's paranoia and subsequently persistent and destructive hunt for Soviet moles, that got me wondering whether there was a deeper interpretation of east-west power structures than the conventional Cold War analysis we all assumed to be true. 

Paul B.,

I think Angleton's "paranoia" was quite justified, seeing as how a very important true defector, Ptyor Popov, had been arrested (and later executed) by KGB in October, 1959, under what we now know to have been fake and long-in-the-making "surveillance scenario" conditions contrived by the KGB to protect the identity of the American mole (Edward Ellis Smith or someone whom he had helped the KGB to recruit) who had betrayed Popov.

-- Popov's arrest coming thirteen months after his secret original arrest, at which time he had been "tripled" and actually played back against U.S. Intel !). 

But even before that, what had really gotten Angleton's attention was Popov's telling his CIA handler, George Kisevalter, in April, 1958, that a drunken GRU general had bragged to him at a party that the GRU already knew all about the super secret U-2 spy plane -- implying the existence of a really big-time mole in the U.S.

Please remember, too, that true defector Anatoly Golitsyn told U.S. Intel shortly after he defected in December, 1961, that it was compromised by a mole whom Golitsyn said was code-named "Sasha," but as it turned out several years later when the (now-inactive) Soviet spy, Igor Orlov, was finally tracked down at his art gallery in N.Y.C., "Sasha" wasn't his KGB code name, but his nickname!

As my final example in this little summary of why Angleton can be excused for being paranoid, there was J. Edgar Hoover's beloved "Fedora" who, to JEH's great chagrin, eventually turned out to have been a long term spy.

--  TG

PS   Etc,  Etc,  Etc .......

Heavily Edited and Bumped

Edited by Thomas Graves

Is Tommy Graves the champion of the bump stock at this site?

I think so and no one is in second place.

2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Is Tommy Graves the champion of the bump stock at this site?

I think so and no one is in second place.

James,

Did you read my heavily edited and highly informative post?

Would you like to comment on its substance? 

(Side question:  Were you severely disappointed at John Newman's recent presentation in San Francisco when Peter Dale Scott turned to him near the end and told John that he (John) had just convinced him that Yuri Nosenko was a false defector, after all? 

I mean, I mean, I mean .... is that why you couldn't bring yourself to clap for John after he'd finished?

(Nice "cover job," by the way.  Not to worry, though.  I'll just wait the mandatory 24 hours and "bump" it again, but probably without editing it nearly as much as I did this time.)

--  TG

Edited by Thomas Graves