The Education Forum

Focus your research on Zapruder, he is the key

Here is the topic : (Scroll down to his post December 19th. (The gif is gone,- and i can not upload it to my collection). So I uploaded it here: https://giphy.com/gifs/ukNEwkQHL5KJcNGKVI (of course it is also processed, - and enlarged,- but you get the idea. Both the "flash" you see,- and the anomaly he mentions. 

From John's post: 

"The real curiosity occurs halfway down the right side of the image.

There are two lighter bars (red) and in between them a darker bar. (blue)

Keep your eye on them. See how they seem to move smoothly, changing pitch.

Extending the line of this darker bar. It is tracking Kennedy's head, except when Newman s in the way when it jerks a bit and then at the end it quickly in moves off target. This bit is not in this gif, but occurs about 28. Then that area is outside the frame.

This image shows the tracking."

-------------------

The colorization he is talking about,- is gone,- but I have it here on my disk : 

post-3136-1166508153.jpg

Edited by Trygve V. Jensen

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do actually very much appreciate positive feedback, - so I'm glad that you also appreciate the photo collection. Thanks :) 

Yes, - only from memory,- I mean that Bowers first said he did not notice anything, to a policeman questioning him. Then he said what he said in his famous interview in Rush To Judgement. (Flash of light,- commotion, smoke, or whatever it was that he said. ) 

I am not sure when the photo I have in my collection is from. His view. 

I am not sure when the photo I have in my collection is from. His view. 

It looks like 1990s cars in the parking lot, with a 1980s model or two.  The tree behind the pergola, and the trees around the fence, would have been even less obscuring in 1963.

Edited by David Andrews

Less processed. https://gfycat.com/CostlyPaleFlamingo

Fascinating blast to the past for me, initiated by you, noticing that what can look like movement,  or whatever it is. 

Reading John's discussion with Bill Miller, in that thread. Fun stuff.

Not so strange he found it a curiousity,---- timing it exactly at Zapruder frame 313. 

51 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

And thanks for that great collection, which took up a couple hours of my Sunday.

Ditto to that description of time spent on this Palm Sunday.

The Kovich essay suggested that Zapruder and his assistant parked his car behind the fence and walked focused on getting to that location. It is not easy to just "hop up" on it - especially, in a suit and tie, and a dress. I wonder - but can't see clearly in any picture - if there was a slope on the hill that allows one to walk unto the white monument, and then step over to the ledge. I can see them jumping off as easier than getting up there.And all reports have them walking right back to the office.

When I visited Dealey Plaza I hadn't thought about, or read about,  Zapruder other than that he was a family man with a camera. As I wrote in an earlier post, I did find it hard to get up to where he stood; I hadn't considered an alternative route. 

21 hours ago, David Andrews said:

The Wiegman film is difficult to watch.

Wiegman reacts as most people would I think-- even as a journalist who isn't experienced,might.All the more reason to find Zapruder's control of the camera odd. 

46 minutes ago, Trygve V. Jensen said:

Less processed. https://gfycat.com/CostlyPaleFlamingo

Fascinating blast to the past for me, initiated by you, noticing that what can look like movement,  or whatever it is. 

Reading John's discussion with Bill Miller, in that thread. Fun stuff.

Not so strange he found it a curiousity,---- timing it exactly at Zapruder frame 313. 

It's possible that that's just the tree branches moving back there.  In my experience, there are few views of the back of the pergola on November 22 or the days following to check the reach of the foliage then.  When Bill Hester jumps up and looks through the cutout windows, he seems to be investigating action in the adjacent parking lot or on the path behind the west side of the pergola, and not action where the movement is in Wiegman.

Yes, - movement of tree branches also occured to me , - initiating the question of whether it was windy that day or not. 

Again from the post from 2006:

John Dolva: "At the top to the right of this on the frame 20 there is a bright dot that has faded by 21 and gone on 22. Below this on 21 there are 3 whote dots that are gone by 22. They are curious and explained by 1: a defect, except why does the top one linger for one more frame. 2. something moves behind the pergola and light glints. 3. muzzle flashes. 3 is not very likely IMO"

Bill Miller: "I think we can rule out shooters because not only was the back of the pergola in plain sight from as far east as the TSBD and as far west as the train tower, but the windows are so high of the ground when standing behind the colonnade that an assassin would need a ladder to get high enough in the air to shoot through them."

John : "Au contraire, Bill. The location is not visible from most of the TSBD and the tree foliage blocks a view from the tower. Also the pergola IS a ladder. Lastly, who knows what was parked there to block views?" ------ "It's not such a bad spot. You've got cover from the tree and the curvature of the structure blocks the view from the TSBD and the row of trees and fence blocks the view from the underpass. You could just stand there quietly, not showing anything, pop up acquire shoot and scoot. Maybe even just blend in to the crowd."

Bill : "Maybe the view would be blocked by trees if someone were looking out of one of the upper floors of he TSBD, but I was talking about all the people in and around that building who were on foot. And like I said before - one would need a ladder to reach that elevation. What was behind the pergola you ask ... the Nix film shows it to be the RR car sitting back in the RR yard .... I think that photo of the RR car is on or about page 350 - 359 of Trask book "Pictures of the Pain". It would also be work getting Trask other book called "That Day in Dallas" for it shows the view behind the colonnade and how high those windows were off the ground.

This policeman with a long coat and the woman who was in the pergola, now walking towards Bell. How many police with long dark coats were in the plaza? Who is he? Could he be the assassin?

The woman is in a dress, but it is not Sitzman who was the woman who was walking into the shelter immediately following the assassination."

------------

........and on and on and on :)

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 2:13 PM, David Josephs said:

Mr. Rago is a banned member from WAAAAAY back...

If that is even him...

.... yet he is correct...  while everyone had cameras and polaroids taken immediately....   he wanders off and a legend is born.

Add to this the "other" film from the similar angle which a handful have seen.... and yes... the man's film was treated with a special kind of reverence....

Mrs. Z claims "they" came by and took the original later that evening....

and for those who wonder why so much was left in the film which suggests conspiracy....  1 shot can be explained away... the alteration was to remove obvious signs of multiple shots very close together... and in places there shouldn't have been shots seen given the 3 shot 3 hit scenario

Thanks David as I think that last part was in relation to a question I asked.

Regarding "Mrs. Z claims "they" came by and took the original later that evening"...  I don't remember that in Alexandria Zapruder's book Twenty Six Seconds in Dallas (not to be confused with Six Seconds in Dallas).  Surely momma would have told daughter and she would have related it...  Where might Mz Z have clamed this?  I'm not questioning that she did but inquiring minds will want a source .

BTW, the book was written with a condescending rich girl's attitude IMO. 

On 3/25/2018 at 10:22 PM, Ron Bulman said:

Thanks David as I think that last part was in relation to a question I asked.

Regarding "Mrs. Z claims "they" came by and took the original later that evening"...  I don't remember that in Alexandria Zapruder's book Twenty Six Seconds in Dallas (not to be confused with Six Seconds in Dallas).  Surely momma would have told daughter and she would have related it...  Where might Mz Z have clamed this?  I'm not questioning that she did but inquiring minds will want a source .

BTW, the book was written with a condescending rich girl's attitude IMO. 

This is from before the demons won the war for his mind...

Edited by David Josephs

David

I read (somewhere) that Lee Bowers apparently saw a lot more than he ever let on publically, or in testimony.  He had a commanding view of what happened, and who might have been in and around the rail yard and fence/pergola.  The yard for the Union Railroad Terminal had a two-story tower - known alternately as the North Tower or Interlocking Tower 106 -  in a switching station that dates back to 1916. Bowers was working in the tower 14 feet above ground level and noticed a series of cars, including a dirty 1959 Oldsmobile station wagon with out-of-state license plates and a Goldwater '64 bumper sticker, driving slowly through the off-limits parking area.

According to a friend of Lee Bowers (Walter Rischel), shortly before his  death, Bowers was afraid to tell everything he knew, particularly to the Warren Commission and allegedly feared for his own life.  In August 1966, Bowers died in a mysterious car accident.  As the story goes, a doctor from Midlothian, who rode in the ambulance with Bowers, noticed that he was in a "strange state of shock, a different kind of shock than an accident victim experiences."  Bowers widow at first insisted to researcher Penn Jones that there was nothing suspicious about her husband's death ... but then she became flustered and said: "They told him not to talk."

Gene

10 hours ago, Gene Kelly said:

David

I read (somewhere) that Lee Bowers apparently saw a lot more than he ever let on publically, or in testimony.  He had a commanding view of what happened, and who might have been in and around the rail yard and fence/pergola.  The yard for the Union Railroad Terminal had a two-story tower - known alternately as the North Tower or Interlocking Tower 106 -  in a switching station that dates back to 1916. Bowers was working in the tower 14 feet above ground level and noticed a series of cars, including a dirty 1959 Oldsmobile station wagon with out-of-state license plates and a Goldwater '64 bumper sticker, driving slowly through the off-limits parking area.

According to a friend of Lee Bowers (Walter Rischel), shortly before his  death, Bowers was afraid to tell everything he knew, particularly to the Warren Commission and allegedly feared for his own life.  In August 1966, Bowers died in a mysterious car accident.  As the story goes, a doctor from Midlothian, who rode in the ambulance with Bowers, noticed that he was in a "strange state of shock, a different kind of shock than an accident victim experiences."  Bowers widow at first insisted to researcher Penn Jones that there was nothing suspicious about her husband's death ... but then she became flustered and said: "They told him not to talk."

Gene

I know.  There's a lot of Lee Bowers material in the Forum back threads (when I was young).  You missed the saga of Lee Bowers' thumb - was it stepped on, or was he tortured?  We'll never know.

Among the suspicious vehicles in the parking lot was, allegedly, the Honest Joe's Pawn Shop van with its enormous fake revolver on the roof.  There was once a picture posted here where you could see the van roof behind the stockade fence near the pergola.  Hey - what better to conceal rifle action than a gun truck?

There's more than just this thread:

Here's something I just found:

http://alt.conspiracy.jfk.narkive.com/tJPjMOsg/honest-joe-s-pawn-shop-truck

Edited by David Andrews