The Education Forum

After a very short googlesearch, I chose Flickr of all sites, to get some photos online. If of any interest to anyone. 

* Everything is taken from a 12 year old harddisk,- so many, if not all of the photos are guaranteed to be available today elsewhere, in much better resolutions. 

** Have tried to sort for a few hours,- but it in itself is still terrible. 

*** Included one album with photos I took with my phone , of a Norwegian magazine, - published December 7th. 1963, concerning the assassination. ( My grandmother scared my mother (8 years old) - stiff,  - when getting the news of JFK's death,- screaming and running back and forth between the kitchen and the livingroom. My mother says she acted like a family member had died. An example of what an impact JFK made around the world, - even up here in northern Norway, - north of the polar circle. Back then they had radio. Not sure if they had gotten a tv yet. No cellphones, no internet.) My mother's mother, - kept this magazine, and gave it to me.

**** Included one album (even though it has nothing to do with the assassination) - from when LBJ, --  ridiculously enough, was scheduled to meet my father's uncle's family, on his visit to my/their hometown Bodø, - September 10th. 1963, - roughly 2 months before JFK was assassinated. My father, and his cousin (my father's uncle's daugher) explained that he actually turned down the LBJ - visit ( if it is true, - I can not prove, - but still kinda fun to think about (for me). He was traumatized in WW2, and felt it would be too much hassle,- with all the police, SS, etc. ). LBJ ended up visiting their neighbours instead.

***** Snapshots of the harddisk from the stoneage included. 

The Collection : https://www.flickr.com/photos/153357684@N03/albums 

( Hope this one will be up longer , than the last attempt, which lasted for half a day ) .  

Edited by Trygve V. Jensen

No problem Paul.

As is said elsewhere; 'Documents which define history should belong to the public, not private interests'.

As much information as possible, -- should be available to as many as possible.

So, even if only the 9 photos of the magazine my grandmother kept, -- is "new", - that is just fine. And it has affectional value for me. A precious memory of a good human being.

The attachment - limit here was frustrating. So atleast it will be possible for me to link to a photograph within it, - without having to do internet - searches. 

Given the collection will not be taken down. Again. 

17 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Trygve - Thanks for sharing this interesting collection of photos.

Copy that. And thanks for sharing the impression your Mother's response evoked. It is a sort of comfort to know that the deep feelings for him, and about him, were not limited to those living in the United States.

Thanks Robert ! Really do appreciate it. 

Yes it is. Both a comfort, - and sad at the same time.

And the world was bigger then. Without information moving so fast, - getting instant notices - wherever it comes from, - around the globe. 

My Mother was just 8 - scared stiff. It was her Mother , aged 33, - which was the one screaming and yelling, running back and forth in her kitchen apron (or whatever the English word for it is). My Grandmother died in 2010, and I got the magazine a short while before that, accompanied by a newspaper page, cut out, regarding when RFK was shot. I remember she just shook her head, and got sad, - when I myself, - asked her about when Kennedy was shot. More than 45 years later. 

Initiated one album - attempt, to the Bowers - issue itself. In progress.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/153357684@N03/albums/72157695026388245

As well as a few files from the old disk from the City Of Dallas Archives

https://www.flickr.com/photos/153357684@N03/albums/72157695065117555

----------------------------------

Sorting the files on this disk, is frustrating. By now, it must be old news, the information therein. 
But as mentioned, - when have forgotten so much,- old news, become news again, to me. 

3 textfiles with somewhat , for me, -- tempting titles, - but if new, relevant, true or false, - I wouldn't know.

Disappearing Witnesses.TXT

Last words of Lee Harvey Oswald.TXT

List - over 500 photos and 75 photographers in Dealey plaza.TXT