The Education Forum

Cunningham Exhibit 1

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1136#relPageId=415&tab=page

Cunningham Exhibit 1 is an employment record with the Texas Employment Commission.

On page 298 of CE 19, (page 2 of Cunningham's exhibit), under Conditions Affecting Employment, there is something about an Air Force Sergeant.

My eyes aren't so good. Can someone make out what that says exactly?

Thanks,

Steve Thomas

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1136#relPageId=415&tab=page

Cunningham Exhibit 1 is an employment record with the Texas Employment Commission.

On page 298 of CE 19, (page 2 of Cunningham's exhibit), under Conditions Affecting Employment, there is something about an Air Force Sergeant.

My eyes aren't so good. Can someone make out what that says exactly?

Thanks,

Steve Thomas

Steve,

I think you meant p. 398?

I am checking it out. Right now I am reading....

"Brother(?) junior exec. Acme Buick"

Brother (?) "Staff sgt - Air Force"

applicant"s characteristics... "well-groomed + spoken, business suit,

Alert. R****** expresses self extremely well.

Edited by Michael Clark

2 hours ago, Michael Clark said:

Steve,

I think you meant p. 398?

I am checking it out. Right now I am reading....

"Brother(?) junior exec. Acme Buick"

Brother (?) "Staff sgt - Air Force"

Michael,

Thank you. I told you my eyes weren't so good. *smile*

But you did help me figure out he was talking about both of his brother's; Robert, who worked at Acme Brick, and John Pic, who was a Sgt. in the Air Force.

Steve Thomas

5 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Michael,

But you did help me figure out he was talking about both of his brother's; Robert, who worked at Acme Brick, and John Pic, who was a Sgt. in the Air Force.

Steve Thomas

Steve,

It's interesting that Oswald expressed himself so gosh-darned well for a guy whom the H& L crowd believes was born in Hungary, and had learned that non Indo-European language and Indo-European (but highly inflected) Russian before, at eight years or so of age, he finally learned not-nearly-so-highly-inflected English.

Amazing.  Absolutely amazing.

--  TG

Edited by Thomas Graves

39 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

Steve,

It's interesting that Oswald expressed himself so gosh-darned well for a guy whom the H& L crowd believes was born in Hungary, and had learned that non Indo-European language and Indo-European (but highly inflected) Russian before, at eight years or so of age, he finally learned not-nearly-so-highly-inflected English.

Amazing.  Absolutely amazing.

--  TG

If anyone else is tired of this kind of stuff from Tommy, please speak-up to the mods or admin. I don't want to get myself in trouble with them and I am sure there are others who have had enough of it as well.

13 minutes ago, Michael Clark said:

If anyone else is tired of this kind of stuff from Tommy, please speak-up to the mods or admin. I don't want to get myself in trouble with them and I am sure there are others who have had enough of it as well.

Michael,

Could you please explain to me how a Hungarian boy raised like that could end up speaking English better than most college graduates (if you ignore his Bronx-New Orleans-Texas "sound," that is)?

Thanks,

--  TG

6 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Michael,

Steve Thomas

Steve, I was looking for Oswald's letter, from late 1963, to the CWP, expressing interest in moving to the Philadelphia or Delaware area. I didn't find that but I did come across this...

Philadelphia is where Lee Harvey Oswald told Ruth Paine he was going to relocate to and work shortly before he went to Mexico City, and there are four Philadelphia addresses in Oswaldʼs notebook, each an interesting lead worth pursuing. 

http://jfkcountercoup.blogspot.com/2008/10/philadelphia-pennsylvania.html

Mr.Graves, I realize this is April Fools' Day. But I also realize that your posts above poking at the H&L theory does not contribute to the discussion of Cunningham Exhibit 1 one iota.

I don't even buy the H&L theory myself, and I found it irritating. If you want to argue about the H&L theory, I strongly suggest you do so on a thread dedicated to the H&L theory. Not every thread here is created for the express purpose of you figuratively poking someone else with a sharp stick.

I think you owe Steve Thomas an apology for doing this on his thread.

2 hours ago, Thomas Graves said:

Michael,

Could you please explain to me how a Hungarian boy raised like that could end up speaking English better than most college graduates (if you ignore his Bronx-New Orleans-Texas "sound," that is)?

Thanks,

The same way my Korean ex-wife did... by being fully submersed in her second language at a young age. She immigrated from South Korea to America when she was 7 years old, and lived with her adoptive American family here.

She spoke near perfect English with no accent when I met her eleven years later.

(My apologies to Steve Thomas.)

Edited by Sandy Larsen

30 minutes ago, Mark Knight said:

Mr.Graves, I realize this is April Fools' Day. But I also realize that your posts above poking at the H&L theory does not contribute to the discussion of Cunningham Exhibit 1 one iota.

I don't even buy the H&L theory myself, and I found it irritating. If you want to argue about the H&L theory, I strongly suggest you do so on a thread dedicated to the H&L theory. Not every thread here is created for the express purpose of you figuratively poking someone else with a sharp stick.

I think you owe Steve Thomas an apology for doing this on his thread.

Mark,

What better venue to bring up that aspect of the H&L "theory" than a thread on which a post is made which includes a document which states that the man who was killed by Jack Ruby on 11/24/63 had expressed himself very well, indeed, in a job interview?

--  TG

8 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

The same way my Korean ex-wife did... by being fully submersed in her second language at a young age. She immigrated from South Korea to America when she was 7 years old, and lived with her adoptive American family here.

She spoke near perfect English with no accent when I met her eleven years later.

(My apologies to Steve Thomas.)

Sandy,

Your girlfriend is probably just as smart as you are (if not smarter, right (lol)), so that would put her in the "genius" category, right?

*warning, dude: I'm gonna show her your response.

--  TG

Edited by Thomas Graves

9 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

Mark,

What better venue to bring up that aspect of the H&L "theory" than a thread on which a post is made which includes a document which states that the man who was killed by Jack Ruby on 11/24/63 had expressed himself very well, indeed, in a job interview?

--  TG

Honestly, Mr. Graves, I don't think anyone on the forum short of Mr. Trejo could twist this into a thread meant to irritate more directly than you have done. Honestly, this would be a matter to export to a H&L thread, rather than hijacking the Cunningham Exhibit 1 thread for those purposes.

Most of the Texas Employment Commission records about Lee Harvey Oswald disappeared while in FBI custody.  A few were published in the Warren Volumes as Cunningham Exhibits, which Steve Thomas pointed to at the top of this thread.  

Helen Cunningham was interviewed by the Warren Commission. She said that all of her counseling records were missing from Oswald's file except one. Irving Statman, the assistant district director of the TEC office in Dallas, was also interviewed by the Commission and he said that all of Oswald's counseling records were missing from the Dallas office. These records disappeared after being turned over to the FBI.

Among the TEC documents that disappeared were those prepared by TEC employee Laura Kittrell, who had interviewed Lee Harvey Oswald several times just weeks before the assassination of JFK, including a lengthy interview of nearly two hours.  Kittrell stated that after several interviews with Oswald, a different man, similar in appearance, came to her claiming to be "Lee Harvey Oswald." This Oswald impostor remained in her memory and she tried on many occasions to inform authorities about him, including a two page registered letter to Attorney General Robert Kennedy dated December 26, 1963, and a 20-page letter to the Warren Commission via the Dallas U.S. Attorney in April 1964.

She was ignored by the Warren Commission and not even briefly interviewed by the FBI until July 1965.

Finally, in 1978, Gaeton Fonzi of the HSCA interviewed her and he prepared a lengthy memo to Blakey about the interview.  Two pages of Fonzi's memo are shown below.  If you are pressed for time, just start reading the last paragraph on the first page below. 

Fonzi_Kittrell_8.jpg

Fonzi_Kittrell_9.jpg

2 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Most of the Texas Employment Commission records about Lee Harvey Oswald disappeared while in FBI custody.  A few were published in the Warren Volumes as Cunningham Exhibits, which Steve Thomas pointed to at the top of this thread.  

Helen Cunningham was interviewed by the Warren Commission. She said that all of her counseling records were missing from Oswald's file except one. Irving Statman, the assistant district director of the TEC office in Dallas, was also interviewed by the Commission and he said that all of Oswald's counseling records were missing from the Dallas office. These records disappeared after being turned over to the FBI.

Among the TEC documents that disappeared were those prepared by TEC employee Laura Kittrell, who had interviewed Lee Harvey Oswald several times just weeks before the assassination of JFK, including a lengthy interview of nearly two hours.  Kittrell stated that after several interviews with Oswald, a different man, similar in appearance, came to her claiming to be "Lee Harvey Oswald." This Oswald impostor remained in her memory and she tried on many occasions to inform authorities about him, including a two page registered letter to Attorney General Robert Kennedy dated December 26, 1963, and a 20-page letter to the Warren Commission via the Dallas U.S. Attorney in April 1964.

She was ignored by the Warren Commission and not even briefly interviewed by the FBI until July 1965.

Finally, in 1978, Gaeton Fonzi of the HSCA interviewed her and he prepared a lengthy memo to Blakey about the interview.  Two pages of Fonzi's memo are shown below.  If you are pressed for time, just start reading the last paragraph on the first page below. 

Fonzi_Kittrell_8.jpg

Fonzi_Kittrell_9.jpg

Interesting, Jim.

Tommy, did you notice how Kittrell thought the two Oswalds looked similar, but "different?" She must be member of the cult, eh?

5 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Jim,

Wow.

You could do a whole thread on that subject alone.

I didn't even know there was an Industrial office and a clerical office.

Steve Thomas