The Education Forum

Oswald, Lovelady, Prayer Man, or who?

This has been bugging me so I might as well ask. Does anyone know who the Oswald lookalike might be in the doorway in this pic? 

hobos.jpg

The photo is remarkable in that it contains at least three lookalikes. Harrelson (tall tramp), Hunt (old tramp), and Oswald in the doorway. I might as well add Lansdale (the man on the left whose face is blocked from view).

The nice-looking fellow with a name tag following the tramps looks like he ought to be somebody too. 

Did the conspirators actually wear name tags that day? They might as well have. Would it matter?

1 hour ago, Ron Ecker said:

The photo is remarkable in that it contains at least three lookalikes. Harrelson (tall tramp), Hunt (old tramp), and Oswald in the doorway. I might as well add Lansdale (the man on the left whose face is blocked from view).

Well, this is the classical example when what's in front of you distracts from what is shown behind. Also, yes: Hunt's son too says he is his father there

11 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

The nice-looking fellow with a name tag following the tramps looks like he ought to be somebody too. 

Did the conspirators actually wear name tags that day? They might as well have. Would it matter?

So, Ron.

Do you think the people you mentioned are just coincidental "lookalikes," or chillin' co-conspirators pretending to be hangin' out but in reality monitorin' the situation and makin' sure everything "goes down" as planned?

Do you remember back in the day when researchers and serious students like us claimed to have spotted Jack Ruby along the motorcade route, Boris Pash leaving Parkland with LBJ, and George Herbert Walker Bush hangin' out with the boys, above, too?  

And McCord monitoring the crowd near and on the Grassy Knoll after the hit!

And wasn't Billy Sol Estes or maybe Malcolm "Mac" Wallace, in the "mix" there, too?

And Gerry Patrick Hemming walkin' down Houston!  (Actually, I wouldn't be surprised.)

And Pakse Base Man, climbin' up that pole to get a better view!

And .... 

But to tell you the truth, I've occasionally wondered about this guy, too, and it kinda bugs me that he looks too thin to be Lovelady.

WHO IS THIS GUY, DARN IT?

Serious question now: I know that a different group of three tramps was allegedly found in a boxcar when the authorities stopped the train they were a-ridin' about a quarter or meebe a half-mile away, and they had to walk with the arrestin' policemen all the way to the jail, but for the life of me I can't remember when your photo, above, was taken. 

1:30?

Something like that, right?

And Oswald was brought in around 2:30, right? 

(I'm goin' from memory here, Ron.)

--  TG

Edit:  I guess I was at least 30 minutes off in my estimate on Oswald's arrival at the police station.  The reason I was wondering about it in the first place was because I remembered seeing the clip (and frames from the clip) showing Oswald being marched past a sitting Lovelady in the Dealey Plaza Police Department.

"I personally reviewed most of the footage on a 16 mm movieola. One such film strip showed Oswald, after his arrest, being marched off the elevator on the third floor of the Dallas Police Department building, and towards Fritz’ office. As a cameraman followed this small procession, who should be seated there, with the clock showing about “2:03” pm, but Billy Lovelady!"

-- David Lifton, on his thread "Why Was Lovelady At The Dallas Police Department Prior To 2 PM?"

Edited by Thomas Graves

15 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

This has been bugging me so I might as well ask. Does anyone know who the Oswald lookalike might be in the doorway in this pic? 

hobos.jpg

Credit: Jack White

Large scan

Click on link to view full size.

https://www.jfkassassinationgallery.com/albums/userpics/10001/pojfkwhiteslides10049.jpg

pojfkwhiteslides10049.jpg

Edited by Robin Unger