The Education Forum

General Walker - for the rest of us

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The full text of Major General Edwin Walker’s December 1961 Dallas address was reprinted in the Phoenix Arizona Republic newspaper on December 17, 1961.  A link to the full page-and-a-half article, not behind a paywall, is below.  (A large screen monitor is best to read this page.)  Here’s the link:

Walker Speaks Out on U.S. Policy

I just realized the above link may not work for many on the Ed Forum.  If it doesn't work for you, try this....

Go to the web page of your local library.  Find online databases and, within that menu, newspapers.  There may well be a link for newpaperarchive.com, perhaps called "Newspaper Archive". Select that database and do a keyword search for Edwin Walker, Arizona Republic, December 1961.

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:56 PM, Jim Hargrove said:

It is.  Watching the video was what prompted me to post it again.  Many people forget the open warfare going on between JFK and the CIA when Kennedy was killed.  Large elements of the CIA clearly hated him for the Bay of Pigs and undoubtedly hated the fact that he had ordered the withdrawal of U.S. "advisers" from Vietnam.

Jim you are correct. It is that 'secret' inner war which allowed Robert F. Kennedy to head his own de facto branch of CIA using people like Manuel Artime Buesa who is the key to my own trail that led me to this JFK Forum. There are certain things that people left unmolested such as newspaper articles about ship movements. However, in the instance of the Artime ship 'Olga Patricia' even Lloyd's Shipping Directory has been tampered with! Instead of tracing the ship back to the 'Olga Patricia' it traces it to another vessel called 'Olga Princess', but its pre-history prior to becoming Olga Patricia is correct. So is its later fate. How I got involved is through researching the history of offshore radio broadcasting in the UK - which is another fable of untruth (ie: Wikipedia.) I became friends with the man who started the biggest stations and he lived in Eastland, Texas. He gave me his legal and financial archives which included two mortgage documents for Olga Patricia at Artime's Florida bank building. It was this involvement that led me to personally meet Bill Colby (ex-CIA Director) when he came into a Texas office to try to resolve an appropriation in Haiti by Baby Doc. The person whose property was expropriated was the man who gave me the files on Olga Patricia. Rather than conjecture and hypothesis, I have been following a documented trail of people and events that show why John Tower should not have been on the Church-Tower investigation - at which Colby testified. Tower had a conflict of interest that led back to London ... and that same pop pirate radio ship for which Artime had a mortgage!

I’m not familiar with any of the “Olga Patricia” story, but Artime’s connection to FRD is pretty well known.  Many people are unaware that a stated goal of the Friends of Democratic Cuba was to raise funds for FRD, and so via Banister and Tujague and the whole NOLA/FDC crowd, this was getting really close to “Lee Harvey Oswald,” the Patsy.

1 hour ago, Mervyn Hagger said:

Jim you are correct. It is that 'secret' inner war which allowed Robert F. Kennedy to head his own de facto branch of CIA using people like Manuel Artime Buesa who is the key to my own trail that led me to this JFK Forum. There are certain things that people left unmolested such as newspaper articles about ship movements. However, in the instance of the Artime ship 'Olga Patricia' even Lloyd's Shipping Directory has been tampered with! Instead of tracing the ship back to the 'Olga Patricia' it traces it to another vessel called 'Olga Princess', but its pre-history prior to becoming Olga Patricia is correct. So is its later fate. How I got involved is through researching the history of offshore radio broadcasting in the UK - which is another fable of untruth (ie: Wikipedia.) I became friends with the man who started the biggest stations and he lived in Eastland, Texas. He gave me his legal and financial archives which included two mortgage documents for Olga Patricia at Artime's Florida bank building. It was this involvement that led me to personally meet Bill Colby (ex-CIA Director) when he came into a Texas office to try to resolve an appropriation in Haiti by Baby Doc. The person whose property was expropriated was the man who gave me the files on Olga Patricia. Rather than conjecture and hypothesis, I have been following a documented trail of people and events that show why John Tower should not have been on the Church-Tower investigation - at which Colby testified. Tower had a conflict of interest that led back to London ... and that same pop pirate radio ship for which Artime had a mortgage!

Again, what is the evidence that RFK headed his own 'de facto branch of CIA?

did you notice a post of mine on the OAS thread linking McClendon to Colonel Frank Brandstetter?

6 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

But Jim, Paul, I thought it was all there in Legacy of Secrecy...

and declassified documents. I used the term de facto branch of CIA because it fits. It was not in literal fact a part of CIA.

12 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

But Jim, Paul, I thought it was all there in Legacy of Secrecy...

Did you find it believable? Very little actual documentation, lots of interpretation. If I understand their thesis, it’s that there was a plan in place to mount a second Cuba invasion on Dec. 1 1963. 

14 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

My prediction: There is no evidence for this!

As I wrote previously, it was not officially a CIA faction, as such. But RFK was directing 'Operation Mongoose' and a lot of people who were tied to CIA.

17 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

I’m not familiar with any of the “Olga Patricia” story, but Artime’s connection to FRD is pretty well known.  Many people are unaware that a stated goal of the Friends of Democratic Cuba was to raise funds for FRD, and so via Banister and Tujague and the whole NOLA/FDC crowd, this was getting really close to “Lee Harvey Oswald,” the Patsy.

I guess this explains why you do not know what RFK was up to, and Jim, there is a wealth of documentation supporting the details I have recited.

45 minutes ago, Mervyn Hagger said:

As I wrote previously, it was not officially a CIA faction, as such. But RFK was directing 'Operation Mongoose' and a lot of people who were tied to CIA.

43 minutes ago, Mervyn Hagger said:

I guess this explains why you do not know what RFK was up to, and Jim, there is a wealth of documentation supporting the details I have recited.

You’re leaving out a few details here.  At the end of October, 1962, Kennedy ordered stopped all operations of Task Force W (the CIA’s corner of Operation Mongoose). But William Harvey put guerrilla teams in Cuba ready to strike as part of a U.S. military operation.  Just a week later, on Nov. 8, one of these teams blew up a Cuban industrial facility.

When Robert Kennedy learned what Harvey had done, he issued orders to McCone to cease all operations against Cuba.  He also sent Lansdale to Miami to oversee the end of Operation Mongoose.*  But in direct contradiction to the Commander in Chief’s directions, the CIA continued to conduct secret anti-Castro operations from No Name Key.  This strikes me as treason.

*Source: U.S. Government Printing Office, Alleged Assassination Plots Involving Foreign Leaders (Washington) 1975, p. 147-148.

1 hour ago, Jim Hargrove said:

You’re leaving out a few details here.  At the end of October, 1962, Kennedy ordered stopped all operations of Task Force W (the CIA’s corner of Operation Mongoose). But William Harvey put guerrilla teams in Cuba ready to strike as part of a U.S. military operation.  Just a week later, on Nov. 8, one of these teams blew up a Cuban industrial facility.

When Robert Kennedy learned what Harvey had done, he issued orders to McCone to cease all operations against Cuba.  He also sent Lansdale to Miami to oversee the end of Operation Mongoose.*  But in direct contradiction to the Commander in Chief’s directions, the CIA continued to conduct secret anti-Castro operations from No Name Key.  This strikes me as treason.

*Source: U.S. Government Printing Office, Alleged Assassination Plots Involving Foreign Leaders (Washington) 1975, p. 147-148.

Everyone is lying. RFK was up to his ears in this venture. The clues are in the dates. You mention the "end of October", but I happen to know that until JFK had his head blown apart his brother was still messing around with this project. Once JFK died, you are right, that is when everything in DC came to a halt and the 'assets' were disposed of rather quickly. It is what brought me here since I have never engaged in the 'whodunit' relating to JFK - until now, and I lived almost next door to the grave of LHO and more times than I can remember, I drove over the spot where JFK was hit and looked at all those Japanese tourists on the grassy knoll.