The Education Forum

General Walker - for the rest of us

33 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Paul, You can't seem to resist this cycle of feeding trolls and then complaining of their treatment.

I saw your response to their thread last night, and my first thought was " Paul's getting sucked in again". Which is the only circumstance by which I'd read their thread. And so I read your post. I honestly thought it was brilliant! You were very eloquent! Jason's work reminds me of the Warren Report, he comes up with some interesting leads but he doesn't follow them up because it doesn't fit in with his predetermined theory. Oh well!

Your post would have been a great parting shot, though I knew it wouldn't be.  The fact that they didn't respond I'm sure was very frustrating. But as Michael Mark alluded to, isn't that the result we've wanted all along? Maybe I'm just speaking for myself. Can't there be isolated pockets of ignorance, by that I mean to "ignore"  or "mutual indifference". They found each other, who are we to judge? The more energy they expend toward one another and concocting their theories, the less they spend on us. I think you have to recognize an ideal world, when you're lucky enough to stumble into one.

Now we just have to find a mate for Tommy!  Ha ha! :D Just kidding Tommy.

lol

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

The questions I am posing about Walker is why did he speak with his Nazi friend Gerhard Frey, and who came up with the idea of tying Oswald to the attempt on his life. Does it not seem relevant that Gerhard Frey was a member of the same international fascist organization as Clay Shaw? Or that OAS member Jean Souetre was in Dallas on Nov. 22 1963, something we found out because the French inquired as to his whereabouts? Those are apparently facts, though I gladly admit it they are hard to prove given the secrecy surrounding Permindex and CMC. These are not questions Trejo and Ward are asking, they are questions they are ignoring. What do you think? Are they relevant? 

I think you ask the correct questions, but again, I have sat on various boards, it does not mean that I am in close connection with other members.  It merely means that I have access to that other member.  I am in various organizations, yet, all that means is I have access to other people.  When I spoke at the Univ. of Nevada OLLI Institute on the JFK Assassination-no it was never put up on youtube-I mentioned that just because I participate in the Infragaard program it does not mean anything more than that. 

What you are really getting at is this. 

As an attorney, I utilize physical direct and circumstantial evidence first.  In this case, most of it was destroyed, manipulated, or "lost".  So, what one is left with is evidence of connections, strange coincidences - some which are not coincidences- and speculation. 

LHO said he was a patsy.  That is a fact. 

Clay Shaw lied on the witness stand.  That is a fact.  So did David Ferrie to Jim Garrison as to him knowing LHO.  Of course he did.

But, my concern with Paul's analysis (the other one) of Dallas connections to a possible conspiracy is that he devotes so much on Walker and connections.  But we do not have direct evidence in most cases of anything other than connections and/or strange coincidences.

I asked him and to his credit he answered, where is the day to day evidence of what Walker was doing.  He admitted it really does not exist.  Those were questions that needed to be asked decades ago.

So to answer your question Paul, I like that Paul-the other one-is digging the way he is, but, I do agree that he seems to be ignoring the other connections which you mention.  However, if that is to maintain focus, then perhaps it cold be good.  But, just digging through the testimony will not solve anything.  Showing inconsistencies is helpful.  But the proof needs to come in evidence -which I would even consider credible second hand testimony from family members as now it is so late.

If there was a conspiracy, I believe that there is still evidence out there.  The LHO Ferrie photo from Frontline proved that. 

The trick is finding that information.  I have always thought the photo of Walker's house with the license plate on the car blacked out was relevant. 

I would recommend you Paul keep asking the questions you are asking.  These were questions that should have been asked decades ago by one of the worst Supreme Court Justices, no the worst, that ever stained the judiciary and who was charged with finding truth.

4 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Megathanks to Paul Brancato for introducing some integrity into the subject of Edwin Walker, sorely lacking around here lately.  Although I believe high-ranking CIA officials were largely responsible for planning the execution of President Kennedy, I'd just like to take a... uh... potshot at the so-called "evidence" linking "Lee Harvey Oswald" to the Walker shooting.

Note the image of the two bullets below. CE 573 was supposedly dug out of Walker's house after Oswald shot at him.  CE 399 is the so-called "Magic Bullet" allegedly fired by Oswald.  Don't they look similar?  Both, clearly, are copper jacketed bullets.

CE573+&+CE399+Comparison.jpg

But as you can see below in the original report filed by Dallas police, it was a steel-jacketed bullet dug out of Walker's house. Somehow, perhaps while at the National Archives, it transformed itself into a copper jacketed bullet!

Walker_Report.jpg

This evidence is about as believable as attempts to blame Edwin Walker for the assassination of JFK.

Hi Jim. That DP report says it all. Two suspects and a bullet that does not match. This thread appears to be based upon the idea that the German paper is a red herring in that it points to Oswald. That makes this thread of interest to me because Walker wrote one and half pages of text for the Arizona Republic in 1961 to point his finger specifically at Eugene Bernald of Pan American Broadcasting Company, who Walker claimed had a financial interest in Overseas Weekly which began the chain of events that cost Walker his career. But Walker did not stop there, he specifically linked Bernald with the CIA 'front' stations of Radio Swan and Radio Elizabethville broadcasting from the breakaway province of Katanga in the Congo. Since Bernald is more or less single-handedly responsible for developing sponsored religious programming on a massive scale in the USA and abroad (on a lot of CIA 'front' stations), the introduction of the German article which claims that 'Oswald did it', simply jerks the rug from underneath the Arizona Republic article and it gets ignored.

1 hour ago, Cory Santos said:

I think you ask the correct questions, but again, I have sat on various boards, it does not mean that I am in close connection with other members.  It merely means that I have access to that other member.  I am in various organizations, yet, all that means is I have access to other people.  When I spoke at the Univ. of Nevada OLLI Institute on the JFK Assassination-no it was never put up on youtube-I mentioned that just because I participate in the Infragaard program it does not mean anything more than that. 

What you are really getting at is this. 

As an attorney, I utilize physical direct and circumstantial evidence first.  In this case, most of it was destroyed, manipulated, or "lost".  So, what one is left with is evidence of connections, strange coincidences - some which are not coincidences- and speculation. 

LHO said he was a patsy.  That is a fact. 

Clay Shaw lied on the witness stand.  That is a fact.  So did David Ferrie to Jim Garrison as to him knowing LHO.  Of course he did.

But, my concern with Paul's analysis (the other one) of Dallas connections to a possible conspiracy is that he devotes so much on Walker and connections.  But we do not have direct evidence in most cases of anything other than connections and/or strange coincidences.

I asked him and to his credit he answered, where is the day to day evidence of what Walker was doing.  He admitted it really does not exist.  Those were questions that needed to be asked decades ago.

So to answer your question Paul, I like that Paul-the other one-is digging the way he is, but, I do agree that he seems to be ignoring the other connections which you mention.  However, if that is to maintain focus, then perhaps it cold be good.  But, just digging through the testimony will not solve anything.  Showing inconsistencies is helpful.  But the proof needs to come in evidence -which I would even consider credible second hand testimony from family members as now it is so late.

If there was a conspiracy, I believe that there is still evidence out there.  The LHO Ferrie photo from Frontline proved that. 

The trick is finding that information.  I have always thought the photo of Walker's house with the license plate on the car blacked out was relevant. 

I would recommend you Paul keep asking the questions you are asking.  These were questions that should have been asked decades ago by one of the worst Supreme Court Justices, no the worst, that ever stained the judiciary and who was charged with finding truth.

Cory, are you asking: "What has Walker got to do with either JFK or LHO?" The German newspaper reference supposedly ties LHO to Walker, and since LHO has been tied to JFK, then there is a connection, supposedly. If there is no connection between Walker and JFK, then Walker should not be tied to a JFK assassination thread, but to his own thread of "Who shot at Walker?"

A reporter (off camera) directed a question the evening of November 23, to Jesse Curry in the hallway of the Dallas Police Department, asking if Oswald might be connected to the Walker shooting. Curry replied he had no information on that. This was during a press scrum referring to the mail order rifle receipt and the backyard photos. 

9 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Good one Jim. Your post is related in more ways than one. What I’m trying to suggest is that the idea of Walker blaming Oswald for the attempt on his life came from outside, not from Walker himself. And I’ve always thought it was part of the framing of Oswald. It is significant somehow that the framing started with the National Zeitung article. For me it suggests knowledge of what happened at Dealey Plaza, and who the designated patsy would be, by some European Nazis and Fascists, and for me that leads directly to Permindex/CMC, which was part of some kind of supranational network still in part unexplained and partly hidden. I think DeGaulle knew it, and he was in a good position to know. 

Exactly!  Walker clearly testified that he did NOT tell the Deutsche National Zeitung reporter that Oswald shot at him.  “It was much later that they began to tie Oswald into me, and I didn't even know it yet,” Walker said in answer to Liebeler’s question about the 11/24/63(!) call from the German reporter.

The Permindex/CMC ties may not be all that obscure.  Hans Seligman, the local financier who organized the establishment of the Permindex office in Basel, had clear ties to Allen Dulles as well as Ferenc Nagy.  Armstrong wrote, “Seligman had a reputation of cooperating with fascists during WWII, and was closely linked to CIA Director Allen Dulles' law firm, Sullivan and Cromwell.29 The Consul learned, in confidence, that the principal source of funding was the J. Henry Schroder Banking Corporation--a prime depository of CIA monies throughout the 1950's and 1960's. Prior to his role as CIA Director, Allen Dulles was Schroder Banking Corporation's General Counsel.” [H&L, p. 149]

The model for Permindex was clearly Clay Shaw’s International Trade Mart in New Orleans, as the local press noted at the time.  Nagy announced in 1958 the creation of the Permindex affiliate in Rome, Centro Mondiale Commerciale deRoma (CMC).  Clay Shaw was appointed to the Board of Directors.  Several Italian papers, including Paesa Sera, and at least one other in Canada, claimed it was a “creation of the CIA.”  In 1963, CMC was forced to leave Italy and was re-established in Johannesburg.

Paz - Thanks for the correction on the name. If I recall, their headquarters were in Switzerland (Geneva). But they were forced to relocate headquarters as Jim said, but in 1964. And it was pressure from DeGaulle that caused the Swiss government to kick them out. DeGaulle knew that CMC funded OAS, his attackers. I’ve watched the film twice btw. 

Jim - thanks for the history with Seligman, Dulles, and Schroder Bank. 

2 hours ago, Ty Carpenter said:

What would the benefit be to the conspirators in linking LHO to the Walker shooting and JFKA? Just to prove that he is willing to kill/shoot? 

Ty,

"Oswald killed Dallas Police Patrolman, J.D. Tippit approximately 45 minutes after the assassination. This conclusion upholds the finding that Oswald fired the shots which killed President Kennedy and wounded Governor Connally..."

Warren Report. p. 20.

What's good for the goose....

Ummmm..... I think I'll turn this one over to Cory.

Steve Thomas

Trejo and Ward are now pushing that Bobby Kennedy was involved in getting Oswald off as a suspect in the Walker shooting?

I have avoided that thread and PT for a long time since I realized what PT  and JW were up to fairly early.  But please  tell me the above is not the case.