Jump to content
The Education Forum

General Walker - for the rest of us


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Jeff Carter said:

A reporter (off camera) directed a question the evening of November 23, to Jesse Curry in the hallway of the Dallas Police Department, asking if Oswald might be connected to the Walker shooting. Curry replied he had no information on that. This was during a press scrum referring to the mail order rifle receipt and the backyard photos. 

 

Interesting. Would love to know who that reporter was and what caused him to ask that question. Do you have any more info on that? Or do you have an opinion or suspicion of what might have been the backstory? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, James DiEugenio said:

Trejo and Ward are now pushing that Bobby Kennedy was involved in getting Oswald off as a suspect in the Walker shooting?

I have avoided that thread and PT for a long time since I realized what PT  and JW were up to fairly early.  But please  tell me the above is not the case.

The above is the case and for a long time. Walker claimed this for the remainder of his life, but as Ward points out there is no evidence to back up Walker’s claim that Oswald was arrested on the night he shot at him, but let go because of the intercession of RFK. 

There is nothing written by Walker or anyone else prior to Nov. 22, 1963. All of this comes from the article in the National Zeitung. I don’t think I’ve ever seen the entire article.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tying the Walker shooting to Oswald was a critical part of the case the WC built against LHO. It was supposed to show he had a capacity to commit murder, similar nature of the crime as well as use of the rifle. Of course,  the man who missed his stationary target from point blank range was supposedly able to hit a moving target from a longer distance. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1.  There is no evidence that Oswald was ever a suspect in the Walker case prior to the FBI taking on the case after Oswald's murder.

2.  There is no evidence that RFK ever interceded in the Walker shooting inquiry.

Oswald only became a suspect after the FBI took on the case and performed the chemical alchemy they did which Jim Hargrove has shown. Since LHO was never a suspect then there would have been no reason for RFK to intercede. 

The case against Oswald for the Walker shooting is an ex post facto fabrication.  The simple reason being that there was no violent record on Oswald available to incriminate him with.  So the FBI created one and the WC accepted it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Paz Marverde said:

Hagemann, of National Zeitung, was a CMC member ...

And you read where I said that according to a Ramparts article written during Garrison’s case that Grrhard Frey, National Zeitung editor, was also a member of CMC? Any thing to prove that would be welcome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Interesting. Would love to know who that reporter was and what caused him to ask that question. Do you have any more info on that? Or do you have an opinion or suspicion of what might have been the backstory? 

The reporter cannot be seen. I dug out the footage (WFAA, the local ABC affiliate) and realize that the question was posed earlier, in the afternoon. Curry is being questioned about Oswald's presence at the TSBD and the smudged fingerprints on the found rifle. Then a question from deeper in the scrum:

Q - Is there any connection yet between this and the firing at Major General Walker?

A - I do not know.

I have no idea why the reporter asked the question. Walker was in Shreveport, and conducted the interview with the German paper there some hours previously. It is possible Walker spoke with someone in Dallas and recounted the morning's conversation, and then this was passed along to the reporter. That this topic is not broached again until after the publication of the Walker interview six days later tends to support the notion that the Oswald connection to the Walker shooting was introduced by Walker's German interviewer rather than Walker himself (or there would have been more of this topic put out in public). 

Personally, I think the alleged attempt on Walker was staged to gain the General publicity and sympathy. Oswald may well have been involved in some fashion, but whatever happened has no correlation at all with the wild stories told by Marina Oswald. If the backyard photos are authentic, then they were produced out of this staged assassination attempt, possibly as some kind of trophy or joke. The Imperial Reflex camera links these photos with others taken of Walker's residence (and the tying of that camera to Oswald specifically is very weak).

I can't find the State Department airtel which describes the first interview with deMohrenschildt in Haiti. He mentions the attempt on Walker, likely in response to a question - I don't know the date of the airtel, whether that interview happened before or after Nov 29.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Jeff Carter said:

The reporter cannot be seen. I dug out the footage (WFAA, the local ABC affiliate) and realize that the question was posed earlier, in the afternoon. Curry is being questioned about Oswald's presence at the TSBD and the smudged fingerprints on the found rifle. Then a question from deeper in the scrum:

Q - Is there any connection yet between this and the firing at Major General Walker?

A - I do not know.

I have no idea why the reporter asked the question. Walker was in Shreveport, and conducted the interview with the German paper there some hours previously. It is possible Walker spoke with someone in Dallas and recounted the morning's conversation, and then this was passed along to the reporter. That this topic is not broached again until after the publication of the Walker interview six days later tends to support the notion that the Oswald connection to the Walker shooting was introduced by Walker's German interviewer rather than Walker himself (or there would have been more of this topic put out in public). 

Personally, I think the alleged attempt on Walker was staged to gain the General publicity and sympathy. Oswald may well have been involved in some fashion, but whatever happened has no correlation at all with the wild stories told by Marina Oswald. If the backyard photos are authentic, then they were produced out of this staged assassination attempt, possibly as some kind of trophy or joke. The Imperial Reflex camera links these photos with others taken of Walker's residence (and the tying of that camera to Oswald specifically is very weak).

I can't find the State Department airtel which describes the first interview with deMohrenschildt in Haiti. He mentions the attempt on Walker, likely in response to a question - I don't know the date of the airtel, whether that interview happened before or after Nov 29.

 

I’m in agreement with you that the Walker shooting was staged, and certainly tying it to Oswald was part of his patsification. It’s logical to suspect that the reporter was clued in somehow to the Walker interview. I’m glad you agree with the logic that tying Oswald to the attempt on Walker probably didn’t originate with Walker himself. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

I’m in agreement with you that the Walker shooting was staged, and certainly tying it to Oswald was part of his patsification. It’s logical to suspect that the reporter was clued in somehow to the Walker interview. I’m glad you agree with the logic that tying Oswald to the attempt on Walker probably didn’t originate with Walker himself. 

I don't think that LHO, in particular, was being set up, as the TSBD assassin, using the Italian Manlicher Carcano rifle, as early as Walker's shooting.

I do think that that model of rifle was being set up as an implement in any of a number of upcoming assassination operations, in the hands of various persons, in various places.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Mervyn Hagger said:

Cory, are you asking: "What has Walker got to do with either JFK or LHO?" The German newspaper reference supposedly ties LHO to Walker, and since LHO has been tied to JFK, then there is a connection, supposedly. If there is no connection between Walker and JFK, then Walker should not be tied to a JFK assassination thread, but to his own thread of "Who shot at Walker?"

Hi Mervyn,

no that was not what I was writing about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

1.  There is no evidence that Oswald was ever a suspect in the Walker case prior to the FBI taking on the case after Oswald's murder.

2.  There is no evidence that RFK ever interceded in the Walker shooting inquiry.

Oswald only became a suspect after the FBI took on the case and performed the chemical alchemy they did which Jim Hargrove has shown. Since LHO was never a suspect then there would have been no reason for RFK to intercede. 

The case against Oswald for the Walker shooting is an ex post facto fabrication.  The simple reason being that there was no violent record on Oswald available to incriminate him with.  So the FBI created one and the WC accepted it.

 Mervyn, what Jim says  is what I was getting at.

Where is the evidence Oswald was arrested or a suspect in the Walker shooting prior to the assassination?

I have never seen any.  If there is any, show it.  Otherwise, it is all speculation.

More importantly, as a defense attorney, it looks like LHO is being tied to it merely to prove he shot JFK.  If he shot at one person, he can shoot at another.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...