The Education Forum

Forum Tips & Tricks

9 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Ben,

If you go back into the list of attachments, the one that shows ALL your photos, are the ones you deleted gone?

Thanks for asking. 

The photos I deleted, in fact, show up in the attachments page, even though I deleted them from the conversations. 

Thanks again

Ben 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Thanks for asking. 

The photos I deleted, in fact, show up in the attachments page, even though I deleted them from the conversations. 

Thanks again

Ben 

Almost got this figured out.

So you deleted the photo from a "conversation," yet the photo still shows up on the attachment page. This means that the attached photo was posted in more than one conversation and you haven't deleted them all yet. Once you delete them all, the photo will be removed from your attachment space.

So go back into the attachments page and see where else the photo is posted. Delete all that you see.

If you've already deleted the photo from every conversation and the photo still shows up in the attachment page, then there must be a bug in the forum software. In which case I don't know what you can do to work around the bug. If it happened to me, I'd post the photo into a conversation again and then try removing it again.

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Almost got this figured out.

So you deleted the photo from a "conversation," yet the photo still shows up on the attachment page. This means that the attached photo was posted in more than one conversation and you haven't deleted them all yet. Once you delete them all, the photo will be removed from your attachment space.

So go back into the attachments page and see where else the photo is posted. Delete all that you see.

If you've already deleted the photo from every conversation and the photo still shows up in the attachment page, then there must be a bug in the forum software. In which case I don't know what you can do to work around the bug. If it happened to me, I'd post the photo into a conversation again and then try removing it again.

OK, thanks for looking.

Yes, the photo in question was in only one conversation, which I guess we call "topics." 

Well, the world will not come to an end if I am no longer able to add attachments....

Thanks again

Ben