The Education Forum

Biography: David Yarnell

David Yarnell

My name is David Yarnell. I have my own production company in Los Angeles that does mostly documentaries. You will find some of my credits at www.imdb.com

One credit that's not listed there is the American made for TV movie "Deep In My Heart" starring Anne Bancroft and Gloria Reuben (The latter played the HIV positive physician's assistant on ER with George Clooney, etc.)

A native New Yorker, I was general manager of a television and radio station in the 1950s and 60s. I put Malcolm X on a local TV talk show shortly before he died. (The videotape of it was destroyed.) Then I was an executive at Screen Gems. I came up with the idea for the TV series "The Monkees." When a fellow executive named Ward Sylvester claimed it was his idea and he got credit, I sued him and we settled out of court. To this day his name is listed on web sites as the creator.

I moved to Los Angeles in 1973 and became well - known for producing "Don Kirshner's Rock Concert." In 1989 I married Toni Howard, the ICM agent who reps Samuel L. Jackson, Anne Heche, Cher and Bette Midler.

I look forward to discussing Dorothy Kilgallen and other forgotten people from American history.