Jump to content
The Education Forum

The CIA/Mafia's Cuban 'Mechanism'


Recommended Posts

Paul Bleau has just written another interesting article at Kennedys and King.  This time accompanied by visual supplements and graphs.

It is inspired in large part by the work and inquiry of Fabian Escalante in his attempt to figure out the particular criminal underworld focusing around Cuba at the time of the JFK assassination.

Paul is trying to show that the idea of a broad based plot involving the CIA, the Mob and the Cuban exiles is not at all far fetched or unworkable.  In fact, it was quite feasible both in its execution and in its provenance.  You will not see this angle explored as well anyplace else.  Thanks Paul.  (If you think Walker or the Ruskies did it, avoid like the plague.)

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/the-cia-and-mafia-s-cuban-american-mechanism-and-the-jfk-assassination

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

According to the late William Turner and Jim Garrison investigator Steve Jaffe, they received information from French intelligence, which had monitored Cuban exiles and right-wing targets in the U.S. (perhaps because they felt some of the attempts on De Gaulle’s life stemmed from the U.S.). They reported that the president had been killed by a large rightwing domestic conspiracy.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Paz,

 

I think this idea was also expressed in the book, Farewell America, originally published in France..

 

see here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/617391.Farewell_America

 

Steve Thomas

Yes, I know that book. It was republished in Italian too, by the way. There were secret meetings between Garrison and RFK. Besides, Hunt talks about a French and Italian involvement (through Harvey). Michele Metta found exclusive evidence this was what happened 

Edited by Paz Marverde
Link to comment
Share on other sites

By the way, the reason that this association should have been pretty easy to discern very early on is simple.

Schweiker said that Oswald had all the earmarks of intelligence  and Ruby had connections to the Mob.

As many of us know today, Burt Griffin and Leon Hubert wrote an interesting memo saying that the possible intersections of Oswald and Ruby centered on the underworld where the Cuban exiles met.  They specifically wrote that "we believe that the possibility exists, based on evidence already available, that Ruby was involved in illegal dealings with Cuban elements who might have had contact with Oswald.  The existence of such dealings can only be surmised since the present investigation has not focused on that area." The authors then outlined further investigation of certain figures who existed in this milieu like McKeown. In other words they knew about people like McKeown but the WC did not formally interview him. (HSCA Vol. 11, pp 291-92)

They also wrote that, "In addition we believe that a reasonable possibility exists that Ruby has maintained a close interest in Cuban affairs to the extent necessary to participate in gun sales or smuggling.... We think that neither Oswald's Cuban interests in Dallas nor Ruby's Cuban activities have been adequately explored."

Can you imagine if this angle had been thoroughly pursued at the time?  Recall one of Ruby's most famous quotes:  They're going to find out about the guns, about New Orleans, about everything.   

 

Edited by James DiEugenio
Link to comment
Share on other sites

BTW, in Destiny Betrayed, second edition, I note that Gatlin likely knew Howard Hunt since they attended conference on anti communism in Guatemala in 1958. Remember Banister and the Anti Communist League of the Caribbean? Gatlin also wrote that letter to the NOTP praising Banister in his efforts to get jeeps to Cuba.

And then there was the money he said he transferred for the CIA to the OAS in one of their attempts to kill DeGaulle.

I never thought there was enough written about this guy so I tried to fill it in in Destiny Betrayed. (See pp 107-08)

Edited by James DiEugenio
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

BTW, in Destiny Betrayed, second edition, I note that Gatlin likely knew Howard Hunt since they attended conference on anti communism in Guatemala in 1958. Remember Banister and the Anti Communist League of the Caribbean? Gatlin also wrote that letter to the NOTP praising Banister in his efforts to get jeeps to Cuba.

And then there was the money he said he transferred for the CIA to the OAS in one of their attempts to kill DeGaulle.

I never thought there was enough written about this guy so I tried to fill it in in Destiny Betrayed. (See pp 107-08)

Yes. Excellent book. That's why I asked. Agree: exploration needed 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I read but cannot confirm that Gatlin, about whom apparently little is really known, was an associate of Gehlen. My guess, if that is true, is that Gatlin was ex CIA or military Intel, stationed in Berlin where so many other CIA big boys were, like Shackley and Harvey, in the 1950’s. I don't think we can look at New Orleans and Banister without considering the known connections between Permindex and CMC and OAS.

Edited by Paul Brancato
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/15/2018 at 8:19 PM, James DiEugenio said:

Paul Bleau has just written another interesting article at Kennedys and King.  This time accompanied by visual supplements and graphs.

It is inspired in large part by the work and inquiry of Fabian Escalante in his attempt to figure out the particular criminal underworld focusing around Cuba at the time of the JFK assassination.

Paul is trying to show that the idea of a broad based plot involving the CIA, the Mob and the Cuban exiles is not at all far fetched or unworkable.  In fact, it was quite feasible both in its execution and in its provenance.  You will not see this angle explored as well anyplace else.  Thanks Paul.  (If you think Walker or the Ruskies did it, avoid like the plague.)

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/the-cia-and-mafia-s-cuban-american-mechanism-and-the-jfk-assassination

Jim,,

I was reading through this site:

JFK Assassination Quotes by Government Officials

https://www.maryferrell.org/pages/JFK_Assassination_Quotes_by_Government_Officials.html

It was fascinating to see how many high government officials said that the reason for JFK's assassination lay with the Cuban exiles.

 

Steve Thomas

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Steve Thomas said:

Jim,,

I was reading through this site:

JFK Assassination Quotes by Government Officials

https://www.maryferrell.org/pages/JFK_Assassination_Quotes_by_Government_Officials.html

It was fascinating to see how many high government officials said that the reason for JFK's assassination lay with the Cuban exiles.

 

Steve Thomas

Very interesting

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/23/2018 at 5:04 AM, Paul Brancato said:

I read but cannot confirm that Gatlin, about whom apparently little is really known, was an associate of Gehlen. My guess, if that is true, is that Gatlin was ex CIA or military Intel, stationed in Berlin where so many other CIA big boys were, like Shackley and Harvey, in the 1050's. I don't think we can look at New Orleans and Banister without considering the known connections between Permindex and VMC and OAS.

I think of Eugene Dinkin and his probable intercept of OAS plans. He and Rose Cheramie are the "Cassandras" of this tragedy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...