The Education Forum

Roger Craig's ID inside 317

Guest Bart Kamp

I did finally get my hard copy of Jesse Curry's "JFK Assassination File" in last week.  There is a different picture on page 72 than those Bart linked.  My initial reaction was you can't tell who "that" is.  It could be him, it could be SSA Kunkel in Bart's pictures, it could be someone else.  It's 3 1/4" X 5" grainy picture on book/print style paper, not glossy/slick/magazine or better type.  It's taken from further back and shows two uniformed DPD officers pretty clearly, one on each side of the "Homicide and Robbery Bureau" door/window guarding it.  The window itself takes up maybe 1/3 of the 3 X 5 picture.  Through the window you see part of a man in a black suit coat with a lighter colored hat on the right, beyond him the shoulder of a man in a lighter colored suit.  Beyond this in the center is an older balding man in a dark suit looking to his right.  Standing there next to him behind file cabinets facing the camera is "Craig".  Looks like this man is in front of the actual entrance to Fritz's office if I remember the layout right.

I looked at him under bright light with a magnifying glass.  Something about him did not look like SSA Kunkel, but still not like the pictures I'd seen of Craig, in later videos.  It was the hair.  The last picture in Bart's first post on this thread is of Craig from the side with a pompadourish uplift.  Looking again wit the magnifying glass,   Kunkel has flat combed down hair.  The guy in the picture's hair flips up.  His facial features at more pronounced when you look closer a second time.  Kunkel's are flatter and older.  

I can't say with confidence it's Craig, but he does. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Bart Kamp said:

I have gone more in depth about Craig and the picture, the comparison to other existing shots shows beyond a reasonable doubt that it is not him.

However I have posted other evidence that shows he was there.

Just not as pointed out with the photo from Cyurry's book.

http://www.prayer-man.com/roger-craig-inside-robbery-homicide-on-nov-22/

Thanks for clarifying this Bart.  I think it vindicates Craig, through Bookhout's statement and Curry's interview alone. But the fact that Curry included the picture in his book and identified Craig in it, even though it wasn't Craig as it turns out, indicates that Curry knew for a fact that Craig was there.

Curry did give us that plumb, "we never could put him in that window with that gun in his hand".