The Education Forum

Greenlist?

Does anyone know what Greenlist, or the Greenlist was?

This sentence was in a Memorandum about KUTUBE/D the CIA "Staff D" responsible for SIGINT (Signals Intelligence - electronic intercepts), where the ZR/RIFLE "executive action" (assassination) program was housed.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=16542&relPageId=3

“For your information, our tracing at Headquarters consists of the following minimum: RI, RI archives, Greenlist, KUSODA files, Italian Branch files (and other branches as appropriate).”

The intent of the memo was that tracing of a certain individual was to be kept to absolute minimum.

For that matter, can you also tell me what RI, or RI archives was?

Thanks,

Steve Thomas

36 minutes ago, David Boylan said:

David,

It helps a little. One thing I noticed is that in those documents is that Green List is a two word designation.

The other thing I noticed is that Green List and RI seem to have a foreign asset emphasis. This would make sense since the KUTUBE/D subject of the memo I referred to dealt with a foreign asset, and ZR/RIFLE also dealt with foreign assets.

Steve Thomas

8 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

This sentence was in a Memorandum about KUTUBE/D the CIA "Staff D" responsible for SIGINT (Signals Intelligence - electronic intercepts), where the ZR/RIFLE "executive action" (assassination) program was housed.

“For your information, our tracing at Headquarters consists of the following minimum: RI, RI archives, Greenlist, KUSODA files, Italian Branch files (and other branches as appropriate).”

The intent of the memo was that tracing of a certain individual was to be kept to absolute minimum.

Thanks,

Steve Thomas

Steve - it would make some logical sense that green list refers to individuals vetted by Staff D. 

The memo you posted was from Rome Chief of Station in 1961. Who was that?

19 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Steve - it would make some logical sense that green list refers to individuals vetted by Staff D. 

Paul,

Was that Bill Harvey, or did he come later?

Steve Thomas

21 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

21 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Paul,

I went back and looked at the memo. It was from the Chief, KUTUBE/D.

One copy was sent to Chief of Station, Rome.

Steve Thomas

12 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Thanks,

Steve Thomas

RI =  Records Integration Department / Division?

(Just a wild guess.)

--  T.G.

Edited by Thomas Graves