The Education Forum

Jim Marrs: Crossfire

Jim,

Any plans for a new edition? The book has stood the test of time, and IMO is still the first book to read for newcomers. But after 15 years an update would hit the spot, for researchers new and old.

Ron

Mr. Marrs,

When do you think would be a good time to speak to Marina? I know what you had told me, of what she is going through right now. I can understand that. You said that you would like to bring pictures and talk to her and it would take some time to do that.

I didn't go into what it was about as to what I would like for you to ask her. It would be simple and she is the only one to know the answer to this. SHE WOULD KNOW FOR SURE. No one else would more than her on the question that I would like her to be asked.

When she was seprated from Lee did she ever write to him during that separation? If she what was it about? Also, did she have a clue about Judyth Baker? Also, if she did write to Lee or Lee to her, where is that letter or letter's now?

This is important as to the fact it could very well prove that Judyth Baker is for one telling the truth. Also, if the letter was not know to it's where abouts?

I say this because of something that was told to me. It is hopefully to help bring things out of the woodwork more.

As far as to what Marina may be going though now would be a better time for the simple reasons of what she is going though now could cause her to have some recall from the past. She may remember things better.

I know with Christmas now is hard. I also heard about your house your building. So, I know time is short but this would only take a phone call. I know I am being very forward and sorry for that, it is just that I would hate to see time go by and it never get asked when this in fact is very important. It could prove things in several directions.

Also, I did try doing this in a more (silent) manner but that didn't work out. I would appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Nancy

The only question I would have for Mr Marrs is whether he is planning, in either an updated version of Crossfire or an entirely new book, to present his current views of the assassination in greater depth, or whether he will remain content with the information he has already published in his Rule by Secrecy.

I am gratified that so many people are still following the JFK assassination case. The truth is out there as we speak. But, if anyone is waiting for a formal government pronouncement of the truth, they are in for a long wait. I feel today we need to turn our investigative efforts to the 9/11 conspiracy. This is bigger than the JFK case because more than one man died and the evidence of conspiracy is emerging much faster than in the 1960s. Plus, we all know that 9/11 is the foundation of everything that has occurred since -- Patriot Act, Homeland Security, tighter government control, invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, even the 2004 elections.

Any plans for a new edition? The book has stood the test of time, and IMO is still the first book to read for newcomers. But after 15 years an update would hit the spot, for researchers new and old.

Ron, I totally agree with you but there is the problem of the contract. The publishers, Carroll & Graff, are no longer in business. But they sold their property, to include the rights to publish Crossfire, to someone else (Group West). They will not relinquish these rights and claim that the book is still in print although the fact is that it is getting harder and harder to find. Each time I have demanded my rights back, they rush into print another couple of hundred books just to maintain the idea that it is still in print. I am almost to the point of suspecting that someone is keeping my book from a wider audience.

The only question I would have for Mr Marrs is whether he is planning, in either an updated version of Crossfire or an entirely new book, to present his current views of the assassination in greater depth, or whether he will remain content with the information he has already published in his Rule by Secrecy.

See the above explanation for no updated version of Crossfire. Another factor here is that I could do a totally rewritten Crossfire to include new material but (1) I am engaged in a number of other projects such as the 9/11 conspiracies and really don’t have the time and (2) while there is new evidence, nothing has surfaced to radically alter the conclusions in Crossfire.

John,

I hope you won't characterize it as an "attack on Larry Hancock" when I say that your statement that "Someone Would Have Talked is in my opinion the best book written about the assassination of JFK" is nonsensical when the existence of such books as Crossfire is considered.

Tim

Edited by Tim Carroll

In the last chapter of your book, A Likely Scenario, you provide an outline of the likely conspiracy. Has any fresh information emerged since you wrote the book that has changed your mind about this scenario?

All new information made public since 1989 has only tended to support the conclusions in Crossfire. The ‘Smoking Gun’ is the Gerald Ford memo to the authors of the Warren Commission report ordering them to change the wording from “Kennedy was shot in the back” to “Kennedy was shot through the neck”. This small but critical change of wording has allowed them to argue that cockamamie single bullet theory which, of course, is the sole basis for the single assassin theory. This memo was only made public in the mid-1990s. Another topic not clearly understood by most people is that Dr. John Newman book “Oswald and the CIA”. Although academically written and somewhat a tough read, this work makes clear from CIA internal message traffic that Oswald was being used operationally by the CIA prior to the assassination. This information should have made national news headlines but, of course, there is no longer a true news media in the USA.

When do you think would be a good time to speak to Marina? 

Nancy, I have not spoken with Marina in several years and do not know her current situation. I understand she has separated from Ken Porter but still lives in the Rockwall area East of Dallas. She is now a thoughtful and articulate woman and would probably surprise you with her knowledge of world affairs. However, I have no current contact information on her, so cannot advise you when to get in touch with her.

I could do a totally rewritten Crossfire to include new material but (1) I am engaged in a number of other projects such as the 9/11 conspiracies and really don’t have the time and (2) while there is new evidence, nothing has surfaced to radically alter the conclusions in Crossfire.

9/11 has precisely pretextualized the usurpation of concerns about civilian control of the military and individual civil rights that carry back to the founding fathers. Having visited Israel in July, 1975, as well as Beirut during that very moment of transitional history, I have always been a devoted supporter of Israel. But I cannot help but see Mossad's hidden hand in the performances of bin Laden, who has been the Bush administration's most effective supporter. I see Bush and bin Laden as co-dependents.

Tim

Heck Tim, even I wouldn't take it as an attack. If Jim had not written Crossfire I might have easily have had a much saner life for the last decade and more; I've written several bios's and introductions giving Jim the credit and blame for getting me started on this path. My work is a microanalysis of certain elements leading to a very specific theory; much less comprehensive than Jim's work and never intended for a broad audiance but rather for researchers (hence the CD and constant document references) as well. Then there is of course the fact that Jim is a professional writer, something I'd never claim to be myself.

Indeed, the inspiraction for my doing a book at all was (rough paraphrase of a presentation open that Jim gave years ago at a conference in Dallas) Jim's remark that we needed to get past just arguing that there was a conspiracy occured and start working with that point as a given - Jim, sorry if that is very rough but that's the way I remember it.

-- Larry

John,

I hope you won't characterize as it as an "attack on Larry Hancock" when I say that your statement that "Someone Would Have Talked is in my opinion the best book written about the assassination of JFK" is nonsensical when the existence of such books as Crossfire is considered.

Tim

Heck Tim, even I wouldn't take it as an attack.  If Jim had not written Crossfire I might have easily have had a much saner life for the last decade and more;  I've written several bios's and introductions giving Jim the credit and blame for getting me started on this path.  -- Larry

Larry,

I appreciate your gracious understanding very much.

Tim

Mr. Marrs,

Thank you so much for your prompt response.

You are right about 9/11 as being a conspiracy and also diversionary approach on how that was done.

Ever give some thought about the anthrax attacks?

WHY?

How much was Bush Sr. involved on many issues that he would rather the truth NOT to ever come out? Starting with JFK, Watergate, Gulf War, drug imports, maybe some other issues as well.

Gulf War - Equals - 9/11

I have a feeling so, not sure to all of the details as of yet.

The machine that was used during the Gulf war was not meant to miss target.

I know I worked on the patent for the darn thing. I saw only part of it but enough to know that information. At that time I worked as an employee for a gov. affiliate job.

But, how would the war effect Bin Laden movements to do this? IF it really was him?

Why was Bush so wanting to go back to the Gulf and he already had his tie in's to do this? When questioning this, later on why back at the Gulf, if it was for Bin Laden?

Let me say this again, I have several times stated this before.

I wrote to Bush Sr. in Kennybunkport and his letter for sure was received and confirmed as received at his house location. In the letter I mentioned, Gulf War and wasn't to miss target and about the patent. I also mentioned Bush's (felt to be involved) in Watergate.

That was one month and three days prior to Sept. 11th that the letter was sent. Only one full month before the attack from the time Bush recieved that letter.

Two weeks later Bush Sr. goes to Bin Laden. Two weeks after that we are attacked.

What also puzzles me is this,

When I faxed to Sen. Leahy all of James Files letters on the very evening of faxing a large part of them to his office in the wee hours of the morning by later on in that same morning Sen. Leahy office was closed because of anthrax.

Goes a bit further than that. I called John Ashcroft over this. Seems also odd the very day I did IT STOPPED. No more attacks. I blamed Bush. Thats why. Rumsfield just laughed over it. YEAH RIGHT. You know what I bet, there really wasn't any anthrax in Sen. Leahy's office. But I bet Files letters went bye bye.

They had to clear everything out and clean it all up.

Why is so many after Files letters from me? Vernon, some other group as well.

Did James Files ever talk to me about Bush, Sr. YEAP. He sure did. The way that Files indicates him well, NO he doesn't put Bush, Sr. as righteous at all.

That is part of Vernon's letter he showed me to Bush Jr. and I worry about that, a lot. Not to confortable if you know what I mean. I mean I really feel nerveous over this whole thing.

I have for a long time felt that Bush Jr. is only in office to keep the truth from coming out to the public and make sure any ways he can further destroy those ways the truth that could possible help for it come out or any leaks that maybe able to help that to could possibly come out. He is not a good one at this time for any advancements on the JFK assassination facts, so Mr. Marrs you are certainly correct that not from our government any time soon for this to happen for it to come out NOT WITH BUSH IN IT TO RUN THINGS.

The part with Marina even this what would seem to be a small part, isn't really all that small of what I am asking.

IF a group that is to stop it from Dallas Texas were to be exploited for it's crimes then the whole thing would crash. This answer from Marina would help this if it can be done.

Judyth Baker would then be a HIGH WITNESS TO THIS. Not a small role at all.

Why Judyth Baker's life was in danger, why they attacked a person I know for information about Files letter. None of this is small that is for sure.