The Education Forum

New RFK Jr book gives big nod to research community

I just found out that its Brad Johnson's site, the co author of that new book.

Brad is also the guy who fished out the audio tape that Phil Von Pragg analyzed as having 13 shots on it when Sirhan's revolver held only eight.

Plus there were two instances in which the shots were spaced too close together to be from the same gun.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice post Rob.  I never knew that Sirhan's Mom wanted Wecht to be his lawyer.  That would have really been something.

As per the Tate/Johnson book, I will review it for Consortium News.

20 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I just found out that its Brad Johnson's site, the co author of that new book.

Brad is also the guy who fished out the audio tape that Phil Von Pragg analyzed as having 13 shots on it when Sirhan's revolver held only eight.

Plus there were two instances in which the shots were spaced too close together to be from the same gun.

"For many questions leading hither and yon originate with this girl. And it is obvious that she was meant to do that: to muddy the waters and keep people guessing once they came to realize that Sirhan obviously did not kill RFK. And she “disappeared” as quickly as she “appeared.” And the authorities shut down their investigation and pursuit of her. They denied her existence against all the evidence. Meant to stand out, she was also meant to go out, leaving a trail of questions....Everything about her has served to hypnotize, first Sirhan, and then those seeking to get to the deeper forces behind this American tragedy."

Pretty good treatment of RFK Assassination and the girl in the dress by Edward Curtin at Intrepid Report:

http://www.intrepidreport.com/archives/24166

Thanks for posting Noguchi's autopsy report Ray.

Anyone interested in what a real autopsy report should look like in a high profile case should compare that document with the one Humes wrote for the JFK case.

The differences are readily apparent.  And its an indication of just how compromised and controlled the whole autopsy operation was in the JFK case.

In the RFK case, Noguchi had been friends and colleagues with Wecht.  So he called Cyril that night and asked for some advice.  Wecht told him to call in some professional observers so no one could second guess him.  Tom did that and I think FInck was one of them.  Must have been something for Pierre to watch.

And BTW, the autopsy did not end that night, because Noguchi did experiments to try and figure out how the powder burns ended up imprinted to the rear of RFK's skull behind his ear.  So he lined up dead pigs' ears on a target board and then fired at them from decreasing distances.  He figured that you could only get that kind of imprint from a distance of 1-3 inches.

No one, repeat NO ONE, ever saw Sirhan's gun in that position on Kennedy's head.  And it is impossible to imagine that, with that many people there, someone would forget such an image.

Edited by James DiEugenio

On 5/30/2018 at 1:27 PM, James DiEugenio said:

NO ONE, ever saw Sirhan's gun in that position on Kennedy's head

For anyone who hasn't yet read it, this is from Noguchi's memoir, "Coroner":

"I knew that the scalp hair around the wound area which they had shaved off [Robert] Kennedy’s head before the surgery might contain critical evidence. So I instructed one of my investigators to rush to the operating room to see if the hair shavings were still there. They were found in little clumps which had been retained by the hospital staff. My investigator carefully placed them in a coroner’s evidence envelope [.…]   The day after the autopsy, a criminologist from the Los Angeles Police Department appeared at my office door. 'Dr. Noguchi, we’ve found something in those little hair shavings.' 'What?' 'Gunpowder residue. Not only metallic elements but what could be soot.' 'Soot?' I stood straight up."   As Noguchi goes on to explain, “soot” is coroner’s jargon for burned grains of gunpowder, or carbon particles, that, because of their light mass, travel only a few inches. Further tests revealed that the gun had been fired “one inch from the edge of [RFK’s] right ear, only three inches behind the head." Yet, the supposed killer, Sirhan Sirhan, was standing no closer than three feet in front of Robert Kennedy when he fired his gun. The other problem? According to Noguchi, “Tracks of twelve bullets were found at the scene, and Sirhan’s gun contained only eight,” since, of course, it was an eight-shooter. (RFK Jr mentions the fact that 13 bullets were fired but I'm not sure if he mentions that actual tracks were found for at least 12 bullets.) In his book, Noguchi also says that he was later brought up on false charges as a punishment for trying to go to bat for this case. And he was astonished that he wasn't allowed to speak about what he discovered during Sirhan's trial. In the autopsy report, note direction of the bullets: "Back to front upward." That says it all. Jim, if Dr Wecht had been Sirhan's lawyer, I imagine that Noguchi would have had at least one more body to autopsy before the trial was over.

Edited by Rob Couteau

44 minutes ago, Rob Couteau said:

Noguchi also says that he was later brought up on false charges as a punishment for trying to go to bat for this case.

He was forced out in 1982.  His last significant act, the day before he was fired, was to disrupt the handling of John Belushi's body.  Belushi was about to be declared expired from a heart attack when Noguchi turned up at the Chateau Marmont and squeezed blood out of a small hole in Belushi's arm -- a drug overdose, declared Noguchi.

Noguchi didn't blame the Belushi exam for his dismissal, but the drug-scandal couldn't have pleased Michael Eisner, the then-head of Paramount, later Disney.

Nice one Rob.  After his RFK autopsy, they planted someone in Noguchi's office to get him removed.

He had to file a civil service suit to get his job back.  This is in the Turner/Christian book.  

Here is a link to the latest BOR installment on their Post Script series.  Len and Jeff do some really good work.

Note, that Wecht says in the opening that the RFK case is more clearly a conspiracy than the JFK case.  Also note the role of Kamala Harris, the new Democratic darling. Her role in this is a demonstration of what Mort Sahl was talking about in his scoring of the "liberals".

Edited by James DiEugenio

Thanks, Jim. Would love to read it, but this link doesn't work - is it correct? BTW I just noticed that Roger Katz, one of the witnesses at the Ambassador Hotel (whom you've mentioned at K&K), added a comment below Newsweek's story on RFK Jr. He writes: "Bobby Jr is RIGHT! I was nearly killed myself that night! I had just turned 21 and Bobby was my first vote. As a Camapign worker I was at the Ambassador Hotel and was in the Embassy Room and nearly fatally shot at the Pantry door(s) when Bobby was shot. I saw a bullet hit the ceiling in the Pantry and then a bullet hit something metal next to my head under a foot from my face the sparks shooting across my face. An FBI Agent confirmed the strike on the door hinge but the LAPD dismissed his observation. Most of those who were ACTUALLY there have long known the real shooter was Thane Eugne Ceaser a rent a cop who's clip on tie Bobby ripped off (and is clealy seen next to his right hand on the floor) as he fell mortally wounded! Ceaser worked at Lockeed and in a department run by the CIA! He lied after the event about the fact he owned a gun that matched the weapon used to kill Bobby. Years later the gun was found and Ceaser's lie exposed. The Truth was known 50 years ago but covered up. Roger Katz Ventura California"

http://www.newsweek.com/robert-f-kennedys-jr-thinks-sirhan-did-not-act-alone-fathers-assassination-946078

Edited by Rob Couteau

Ok I got it corrected, and thanks for that note by Roger.

3 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Note, that Wecht says in the opening that the RFK case is more clearly a conspiracy than the JFK case. 

Note that Wecht supports the Single Bullet Theory.