The Education Forum

A Wall Street Coup?

An attempt by them was made previously.  Though not spoken of in High School History, or Civics when they still taught it.  Nor in entry level college political science that I remember.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2011/12/02/wall-streets-failed-1934-coup/

https://richardbrenneman.wordpress.com/2010/01/11/smedley-butler-and-the-fdr-coup/

These articles mention founding members of the Council on Foreign Relations being behind the formation of the American Liberty League.  Both Dulles brothers are mentioned in places regarding such as well as Rockefeller(s), a Du Pont, on and on with the east coast establishment power elite.

Did they learn their lesson?  Not to march on Washington directly with paramilitary disgruntled veterans.  But to use subterfuge as well as more direct methods when the necessity arose again.

Maybe utilizing newer assets ?  I already forget who I quoted a few weeks back that said "Truman had the CIA forced on him by Wall Street".

This book sounds interesting.

https://www.amazon.com/Plot-Seize-White-House-Conspiracy/dp/1632203588

As well as this one.

https://www.amazon.com/War-Racket-Americas-Decorated-Illustrated/dp/1523758325/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_14_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=YPGVG094G9X2EQES6438

Yeah, as one article notes funding was routed through his Nazi money laundering machine, Union Bank.  But it was a coalition of the east coast establishment power elite.  Wall Street and the CFR in particular.  They considered FDR a "traitor to his class" for raising their taxes as part of his plan to resuscitate the country from the great depression.  Yet his programs ultimately made them all richer.  Years later many of them would not consider JFK a traitor to "their" class because they did not consider him part of it, but, just a traitor.  A traitor over things like their colonial policies, opposing the ramping up of their war machine from nukes to Vietnam, printing non Federal Reserve money, the oil depletion allowance and on.  Seeing the backing of the American Liberty League by U S Steel made me think of JFK's confrontation with them.

Here's another good article on the subject with a thing or two not mentioned in the other links.

https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2009/11/08/18628134.php

Trying to look at another from the BBC gave me the same error code three times (Forbidden, you don't have permission).

There is a 40 minute or so you tube video on the subject I've not watched yet.

I actually wrote about this in the first edition of Destiny Betrayed, 25 years ago.

I was tipped off about it through Jerry Policoff and he referred me to the Archer book.

I see there had been more work done on it since.  Which is good since it is a very important precedent for what happened in 1963.

I think what they figured out was that since cover action had worked well in most places around the world, they would use that this time.

Not to get paranoid, but Smedley Butler died at only 58, his condition "incurable":

"Upon his retirement, Butler bought a home in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania, where he lived with his wife.[73] In June 1940, he checked himself into the hospital after becoming sick a few weeks earlier. His doctor described his illness as an incurable condition of the upper gastro-intestinal tract that was probably cancer. His family remained by his side, even bringing his new car so he could see it from the window. He never had a chance to drive it. On June 21, 1940, Smedley Butler died in the Naval Hospital in Philadelphia.[72]" (wiki)

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 4:10 PM, James DiEugenio said:

I actually wrote about this in the first edition of Destiny Betrayed, 25 years ago.

I was tipped off about it through Jerry Policoff and he referred me to the Archer book.

I see there had been more work done on it since.  Which is good since it is a very important precedent for what happened in 1963.

I think what they figured out was that since cover action had worked well in most places around the world, they would use that this time.

That's probably where I first read about it.  Certainly not as I mentioned in High School history or civics or in college history or political science 101 classes.  I was going to look but didn't find my first edition which bugs me.  I thought it was right where I did find the first edition of Crossfire.  Second editions of both are still handy.

The Sutton book David J linked looks deep.  Just scanning through I get that Hoover PO'd wall street then they supported FDR.  Some then felt betrayed by his policies.  I did note Joe Kennedy was on the lists of supporters.  To the tune of 10k back then when he was running for Governor, it didn't tell how much anyone contributed when he ran for president.

On 6/10/2018 at 8:55 PM, Ron Bulman said:

Yeah, as one article notes funding was routed through his Nazi money laundering machine, Union Bank.  But it was a coalition of the east coast establishment power elite.  Wall Street and the CFR in particular.  They considered FDR a "traitor to his class" for raising their taxes as part of his plan to resuscitate the country from the great depression.  Yet his programs ultimately made them all richer.  Years later many of them would not consider JFK a traitor to "their" class because they did not consider him part of it, but, just a traitor.  A traitor over things like their colonial policies, opposing the ramping up of their war machine from nukes to Vietnam, printing non Federal Reserve money, the oil depletion allowance and on.  Seeing the backing of the American Liberty League by U S Steel made me think of JFK's confrontation with them.

Here's another good article on the subject with a thing or two not mentioned in the other links.

https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2009/11/08/18628134.php

Trying to look at another from the BBC gave me the same error code three times (Forbidden, you don't have permission).

There is a 40 minute or so you tube video on the subject I've not watched yet.

Ron. I have permission. If you give me the link I will copy and post for you.

12 hours ago, Ray Mitcham said:

Ron. I have permission. If you give me the link I will copy and post for you.

Here's the link the BBC article is supposed to be through.

http://valleyofsilicon.com/00_Google_resume/SmedlyButler-Coup5.pdf

I don't know if it might and anything to the others I read/posted or not.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2018 at 6:35 AM, Ron Bulman said:

An attempt by them was made previously.  Though not spoken of in High School History, or Civics when they still taught it.  Nor in entry level college political science that I remember.

I agree that most historians have been in the same compartment with the journalists.

To the Archer, Sutton and Gibson books I now can add

Secret Armies: The new technique of Nazi Warfare by John L Spivak (1939) available on Kindle.

He was like a Sy Hersh of the 1930's and first published Smedley Butler's story in the left wing, hardly read,  New Masses earlier in the decade. The McCormack-Dickstein committee, a forerunner of the HUAC,  classified much and even censored selections from the New Masses when it gathered info from Butler. Interesting also  McCormack was Speaker of the House in 1963 and a pal of LBJ . Seems like the sort of guy who figures the best way to save the ship is not to rock the boat?

Spivak is most informative about the ways the Axis forces sent tens of thousands of undercover soldiers underg uises like fishermen and barbers. After reading this book I had a better understanding of FDR's rounding up of the Japanese. The Nazi had penetrated large areas of France and formed caves and shipped armaments way before their incursion of 1940. 

His book, written pre-WW II, is extremely illuminating about the world  at that time, and anticipates much of will happen subsequently. I never heard of him and, like most, hadn't been exposed to the Deep State at work, 30 years before JFK's murder.

Speaking of Seymour Hersh, I read a decent short interview with him in the last couple of days I can't find now.  He admitted in essence, somewhat bitterly, he was a slave to his sources within the government, the CIA in particularly if I remember correctly.  This caught my attention after recently reading in RFK JR's book American Values about Hersh's being influenced by CIA agent Sam Halpern regarding the writing of Dark Side of Camelot (which is manufactured junk/slime).

I couldn't find the short article I mentioned but came across this longer one which I've not fully read yet but looks interesting from a quick scroll through.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/06/what-sy-hersh-knows.html

8 hours ago, Andrew Prutsok said:

Here’s part one of a BBC documentary on the Wall Street coup, which I thought was well done.

Here is the link to Andrew's BBC documentary in it's entirety.

https://youtu.be/Sp4h39qJKqU

Some footnotes; John Mac Cormack of the  Mac Cormack Dickstein committee that investigated this treason was in Congress from 1928 until 1971, and became Speaker of the House during JFK's term of Presidency  (1962-1971). He was pro New Deal, Johnson's War on Poverty and a supporter of the Vietnam War. He was challenged to keep his seat in 1969 and retired in 1971.

Similar to Smedley Butler, though he died at 59, the major antagonist , the bond trader who first approached Butler, Charles Maguire died at the age of only 37.

Fascism wasn't as nasty a word back in the 30's, as it was seen as a necessary or in some cases a "necessary evil" to preserve order in unsettled times for international corporate state.  

Edited by Kirk Gallaway