The Education Forum

The State of JFK Declassification by Rex Bradford

Well, they were all supposed to be out there near the end of last year.  They were not and still are not.

Maybe they are waiting for Ruth Paine to pass on?  I mean Michael is gone, so is Finck.  Pretty soon there will be no one to call before a grand jury.

And Trump played along with this and delayed it now for three more years.

What a travesty it has all become.

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/2017-2018-jfk-releases-progress-issues-recommendations

And George H.W. Bush is still alive.

Does anyone know if a code name for Poppy Bush has ever been identified in any declassified CIA files?

I think you guys missed my point.

Trump has now delayed this a second time.

Its not all going to be out until 2012, if then.

Somewhere in all this, there is a very good story about the failure of the ARRB.

22 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I think you guys missed my point.

Trump has now delayed this a second time.

Its not all going to be out until 2012, if then.

Somewhere in all this, there is a very good story about the failure of the ARRB.

Sorry, Jim. I couldn't help myself. 

Thanks for sharing Rex Bradford's article.

That said,  I think Trump could be persuaded. He's no neocon. He's no conservative. And, his base isn't really made up of millions of people who want the government to keep all this secret. 

The most, if only, out of character thing I ever heard him utter was "I have no choice" when he explained, in October, why all the documents could not be released. That must have been painfully difficult for him; not because he has the release of these documents high on his personal to-do list, but it simply must have chaffed every fiber of his being to have to say "I have no Choice".

I simply say these things because I believe them to be true. I don't care a whit that it may have cramped his style. And I truly believe he can be made an ally on this issue rather than regarded as the main culprit.

Edited by Michael Clark

Not to change the subject of the thread, but Michael Wolff (Fire and Fury) seems to believe that Trump has now become a Neocon mule of sorts, partly through the financial inducements of Sheldon Adelson.

As for the JFK records, who am I to disagree with Oliver Stone's assessment that Trump got "rolled by the Deep State?"

And, is it conceivable that Rudy Giuliani's tete-a-tete with Robert Mueller played a role in Trump's April 2018 decision to block the release of the JFK records?

The reason I ask is that both Giuliani and Mueller were involved directly in the FBI's suppression (and destruction) of 9/11 evidence-- e.g., the debris at Ground Zero, and the security cams at the Pentagon.

Giuliani met with Mueller to discuss the Russia investigation shortly before the announcement was made about withholding the JFK records.

Edited by W. Niederhut

Somehwere in all this, I really see a good story about how the ARRB did not do a good job and then disguised that fact.

If you read their report, they do not at all hint at the size of the cache they left behind.  But if you read Rex Bradford's report, it was literally tens of thousands of documents.  Perhaps into the hundreds of thousands.  I don't think anyone had any idea it was that large of a remainder.

But also, there were documents that they had designated for a timed release.  That is they would be released say arbitrarily in 2005.  That they were so agreeable to this caused one CIA staffer to say to another that the ARRB is not really a declassification body its really becoming a declassification deferral body.

Now, the other things that gets me upset about this is that knowing they were leaving this huge pile of stuff behind, some of which they surely should not have, some of these board members then said, "Hey, there is nothing there that indicates a conspiracy."  I mean Tunheim said this on TV and in a newspaper interview.  

First of all, does anyone really think that Tunheim read all five million pages the ARRB declassified in whole or in part?  I sure do not.

Secondly, these guys were not supposed to say things like this in public.  They were not an investigatory body.

Third, did Tunheim read the Jeremy Gunn inquiry into the medical evidence?  I mean that proved conspiracy right there.

This is all very discouraging.  A reevaluation of the ARRB is now in order.  I mean, really.  This is something like 21 years after they closed down.  And we still do not have it all yet.

Edited by James DiEugenio

When Poppy Bush served briefly in the Congress, he was so vehement about

providing birth control to Third World countries that his colleagues nicknamed him "Rubbers."

This reminds me of Robert Ryan's racist, genocidal speech in EXECUTIVE ACTION: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDGbYo5sxdc

Edited by Joseph McBride

9 minutes ago, Joseph McBride said:

When Poppy Bush served briefly in the Congress, he was so vehement about

providing birth control to Third World countries that his colleagues nicknamed him "Rubbers."

This reminds me of Robert Ryan's racist, genocidal speech in EXECUTIVE ACTION: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDGbYo5sxdc

I can't get the link to work.  I wish he'd worn a rubber more often himself.

Edited by Ron Bulman

I read somewhere (possibly in Russ Baker's book, Family of Secrets) that Poppy Bush's Skull and Bones nickname at Yale had been, "Lucifer."

In his 11/29/63 debriefing memo, J.Edgar Hoover simply referred to him as "Mr. George Bush of the CIA."

In the context of this thread, I was mainly wondering, 1) what role, if any, he has played in blocking the release of the JFK assassination records, and,  2) whether any references to him have been found in the declassified files.

48 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

I read somewhere (possibly in Russ Baker's book, Family of Secrets) that Poppy Bush's Skull and Bones nickname at Yale had been, "Lucifer."

In his 11/29/63 debriefing memo, J.Edgar Hoover simply referred to him as "Mr. George Bush of the CIA."

In the context of this thread, I was mainly wondering, 1) what role, if any, he has played in blocking the release of the JFK assassination records, and,  2) whether any references to him have been found in the declassified files.

I think his name is being redacted, and that there may eventually be some surprises down that road.

Let me add one other point on this.

I considered myself pretty well informed on the ARRB as of its closing down.  I communicated with them on a regular basis and we wrote about them in Probe.

I did not know that they had this category called NBR, which means "Not believed relevant."

When you place the CIA document naming Earle Cabell an asset under the NBR rubric this really makes me wonder.

When you place another document where the ARRB staffer says that the CIA's 201 file on Clay Shaw has been destroyed, that also makes me wonder.

When you do not find out about either one until 20 years after they shut their doors, I mean, what was it all about anyway?  I thought it was openness and transparency.