The Education Forum

What was behind Watergate?

Tim Gratz

"Watergate" was about far more than the Watergate burglary, of course. It was about the burglary of Ellsberg's psychiatrist; the Plumbers; the Segretti dirty tricks operation, etc. But it was the arrest of the Watergate burglars that led to the discovery of the abuses.

Conspiracy theorists have long wondered whether McCord deliberately botched the taping of the door to sabotage the operation. But why? Perhaps it was at the behest of his former (?) employer, the CIA. Probably you are all aware of the books Secret Agenda by Hougan and Silent Coup by Colody. I recently ran accross an article that succintly summarized the thesis of Hougan's book and I was going to just type (process?) that paragraph, but I think the entire article is worth reading, and it discusses some of the same topics that have been discussed here, e.g. Bobby Baker.

http://www.carpenoctem.tv/cons/sex.html

The paragraph about why McCord may have deliberately botched the burglary at the instructions of the CIA is in the paragraph that starts: "Briefly, Hougan's hypothesis is this:" (Quite a way into the article). The Colody book follows Hougan's and argues that John Dean orchestrated the coer-up to protect his fiancee. Both are interesting reads, although they probably do not directly relate to the topic at hand--other than, if Hougan is correct, demonstrating once more the nefarious ways of the CIA.

What is the famous quote about how often male members of the species think about sex? Well, I guess when members of this Forum are not thinking about sex, they are thinking about who killed Kennedy!

Edited by Tim Gratz

"Watergate" was about far more than the Watergate burglary, of course.  It was about the burglary of Ellsberg's psychiatrist; the Plumbers; the Segretti dirty tricks operation, etc.  But it was the arrest of the Watergate burglars that led to the discovery of the abuses.

Conspiracy theorists have long wondered whether McCord deliberately botched the taping of the door to sabotage the operation.  But why?  Perhaps it was at the behest of his former (?) employer, the CIA.  Probably you are all aware of the books Secret Agenda by Hougan and Silent Coup by Colody. I recently ran accross an article that succintly summarized the thesis of Hougan's book and I was going to just type (process?) that paragraph, but I think the entire article is worth reading, and it discusses some of the same topics that have been discussed here, e.g. Bobby Baker.

The paragraph about why McCord may have deliberately botched the burglary at the instructions of the CIA is in the paragraph that starts:  "Briefly, Hougan's hypothesis is this:" (Quite a way into the article).  The Colody book follows Hougan's and argues that John Dean orchestrated the coer-up to protect his fiancee.  Both are interesting reads, although they probably do not directly relate to the topic at hand--other than, if Hougan is correct, demonstrating once more the nefarious ways of the CIA.

What is the famous quote about how often male members of the species think about sex?  Well, I guess when members of this Forum are not thinking about sex, they are thinking about who killed Kennedy!

Tim,

here's a link to "The Key to Watergate" , a documentary that is about that

"callgirl-ring theory".

I haven't watched the film for over a year, but what I can remember as

most revealing is, when Liddy talkes about the "alledged" murder plot

,Hunt and Liddy agreed on, against the journalist Anderson (if I remember right).

http://www.nixonera.com/library/watergate.asp

Thanks to Nancy for giving me the link last year.

"Watergate" was about far more than the Watergate burglary, of course.  It was about the burglary of Ellsberg's psychiatrist; the Plumbers; the Segretti dirty tricks operation, etc.  But it was the arrest of the Watergate burglars that led to the discovery of the abuses.

Conspiracy theorists have long wondered whether McCord deliberately botched the taping of the door to sabotage the operation.  But why?  Perhaps it was at the behest of his former (?) employer, the CIA.  Probably you are all aware of the books Secret Agenda by Hougan and Silent Coup by Colody. I recently ran accross an article that succintly summarized the thesis of Hougan's book and I was going to just type (process?) that paragraph, but I think the entire article is worth reading, and it discusses some of the same topics that have been discussed here, e.g. Bobby Baker.

The paragraph about why McCord may have deliberately botched the burglary at the instructions of the CIA is in the paragraph that starts:  "Briefly, Hougan's hypothesis is this:" (Quite a way into the article).   The Colody book follows Hougan's and argues that John Dean orchestrated the coer-up to protect his fiancee.  Both are interesting reads, although they probably do not directly relate to the topic at hand--other than, if Hougan is correct, demonstrating once more the nefarious ways of the CIA.

What is the famous quote about how often male members of the species think about sex?  Well, I guess when members of this Forum are not thinking about sex, they are thinking about who killed Kennedy!

Tim,

"callgirl-ring theory".

,Hunt and Liddy agreed on, against the journalist Anderson (if I remember right).

HEY YOU GUYS! THIS IS PRECISELY THE DISCUSSION CURRENTLY GOING ON IN THE SEMINAR; THE WHOLE BAY OF PIGS THING. CALL GIRL RINGS AND ALL. RIGHT NOW. THIS MAKES MY POINT AGAIN, THAT THE SEMINARS ARE DEPRIVED BY NOT ALSO BEING POSTED IN THE DEBATE FORUM. PLEASE CHECK IT OUT AND SEE HOW THESE TWO PREVIOUS POSTS BY DAVE AND TIM GRATZ WOULD FIT IN THERE AND ADD TO THE BROADER FABRIC. UNTIL AND UNLESS JOHN SIMKIN WILL AGREE TO REORGANIZE HIS REORGANIZATION, I'M DIRECTLY ASKING YOU TWO GUYS TO POST THESE ON THAT THREAD, PLEASE.

Tim Carroll

The paragraph about why McCord may have deliberately botched the burglary at the instructions of the CIA is in the paragraph that starts:  "Briefly, Hougan's hypothesis is this:" (Quite a way into the article).   The Colody book follows Hougan's and argues that John Dean orchestrated the coer-up to protect his fiancee.  Both are interesting reads, although they probably do not directly relate to the topic at hand--other than, if Hougan is correct, demonstrating once more the nefarious ways of the CIA.

Tim,

"callgirl-ring theory".

HEY YOU GUYS! THIS IS PRECISELY THE DISCUSSION CURRENTLY GOING ON IN THE SEMINAR; THE WHOLE BAY OF PIGS THING. CALL GIRL RINGS AND ALL. RIGHT NOW. THIS MAKES MY POINT AGAIN, THAT THE SEMINARS ARE DEPRIVED BY NOT ALSO BEING POSTED IN THE DEBATE FORUM. PLEASE CHECK IT OUT AND SEE HOW THESE TWO PREVIOUS POSTS BY DAVE AND TIM GRATZ WOULD FIT IN THERE AND ADD TO THE BROADER FABRIC. UNTIL AND UNLESS JOHN SIMKIN WILL AGREE TO REORGANIZE HIS REORGANIZATION, I'M DIRECTLY ASKING YOU TWO GUYS TO POST THESE ON THAT THREAD, PLEASE.

Tim Carroll

Tim,

sorry I have a massive cold since last week, I haven't read too much here

lately, posting I am not much anyway (LEARNER), so John can move or copy

at least my little post into the appropriate thread.

As soon as I feel better I will catch up with what's been posted in the seminars.

Tim,

As soon as I feel better I will catch up with what's been posted in the seminars.

Dave,

All you need to do is cut and paste your post here onto that seminar. You might find that your post ties directly to the discussion going on there right now. Please.

Tim

Tim,

Dave,

All you need to do is cut and paste your post here onto that seminar. You might find that your post ties directly to the discussion going on there right now. Please.

Tim

Tim,

done !

I see, you've never had a german cold :D .

Dave,

Did you ever see in any of those tapes on Nixon Era center of what I asked you to look for?

It is a tape where Liddy is talking and shows where him and John Dean used to talk about Watergate and when they worked together on it. Also, that E. Howard Hunt did in fact set Liddy up. Also in the same tape they tried to get John Dean to talk but he just put his head down and shook his head in a answer to say NO I can't talk about it. Let me know if you saw this?

I know that Liddy did talk about how he himself was set up and explained all of that out. Also, the most interesting part is Martinez. He refused to talk about the key. What was admitted is that he didn't know anything about it.

The main point was that Liddy admitted that E. Howard Hunt did in fact set him up. He went to the wrong office and not the office that Nixon asked him to go too.

Liddy never knew it until he was out of prison and if he had of known this it could have changed his sentence or the whole story as we know it.