• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CAL would mean caliber, right?

23 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

CAL would mean caliber, right?

Good assumption I'd think.

Let me also add this....  The claim of seeing the MAUSER may have been part of the plan since there was no clip found initially and the MC did not load without a clip while the MAUSER used a Stripper Clip which did not stay with the weapon.  Furthermore, they claimed the scope was there as well... 

With the MAUSER, any scope would obscure the writing Craig claimed to have seen since the writing is exactly where the scope mounts go

2024736474_StripperCliploadingtheMAUSERandtheCarcanoClipsystem-ScopecoversMAUSERstamp-smaller.thumb.jpg.28e29d1cbb6a870dcb209af84e9226b8.jpg

Not to distract but I've never seen or shot a rifle with a side mounted scope.  It's just weird to me.  Seems it would take some adjustment time and practice to become accustomed to.

The clear caliber picture is excellent.  The numbers look to have been purposely obliterated.  Looks like brush marks from a burr wheel on a drill that didn't totally obliterate the 3 of Five on the end.

7 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

The clear caliber picture is excellent.  The numbers look to have been purposely obliterated.  Looks like brush marks from a burr wheel on a drill that didn't totally obliterate the 3 of Five on the end.

Good spot, Ron. Look like that to me as well.

13 hours ago, Micah Mileto said:

Why are the letters in CAL 6.5 white in one picture but black in another? Are the letters themselves getting smudged over by some foreign substance?

http://www.freehomepage.com/jfkresearch/c2766.html

The photo on the left (top) was selected for publication in Life Magazine. In this photo, the serial number C-2766 is clearly visible on the barrel base (bottom left).  The Warren Commission photo of the serial number (bottom right).

Please note the difference in the numbers themselves.  The most obvious difference can be seen in the 2, which is far more ornate on the FBI / Warren Commission rifle.  Notice the way the vertical shaft is thinner at the bottom and balloons out at the top, and the way it narrows to a fine line as it curves left.  It then ends with a teardrop that nearly touches the left side of the vertical shaft.  By comparison, the lines that form the 2 on the Life rifle are fairly consistent in thickness, with plenty of space between the end of the loop and the left side of the vertical shaft.

C2766SNL.jpg

serial2766.jpg 

Also note the C in both photographs. While the Life photo shows a C with a rounded bottom, the Warren Commission C has a serif on the bottom which somewhat resembles a G.

numbers.jpg

25 minutes ago, David Josephs said:

http://www.freehomepage.com/jfkresearch/c2766.html

The photo on the left (top) was selected for publication in Life Magazine. In this photo, the serial number C-2766 is clearly visible on the barrel base (bottom left).  The Warren Commission photo of the serial number (bottom right).

Please note the difference in the numbers themselves.  The most obvious difference can be seen in the 2, which is far more ornate on the FBI / Warren Commission rifle.  Notice the way the vertical shaft is thinner at the bottom and balloons out at the top, and the way it narrows to a fine line as it curves left.  It then ends with a teardrop that nearly touches the left side of the vertical shaft.  By comparison, the lines that form the 2 on the Life rifle are fairly consistent in thickness, with plenty of space between the end of the loop and the left side of the vertical shaft.

C2766SNL.jpg

serial2766.jpg 

Also note the C in both photographs. While the Life photo shows a C with a rounded bottom, the Warren Commission C has a serif on the bottom which somewhat resembles a G.

numbers.jpg

Curious to hear how the WC apologist would rationalize this damning discrepancy . . . 

14 minutes ago, Michael Cross said:

Curious to hear how the WC apologist would rationalize this damning discrepancy . . . 

Even worse is that the 10 packing slips from Italy - part of the thousands of rifles and parts sent - which make up the 100 rifle shipment to Kleins in Feb 1963...

ARE EXACTLY THE SAME....  Again, the 10 slips given to the FBI on 11/22 by FELDSOTT which represented a part of a larger shipment from ITALY... are the same exact slips of paper the FBI claimed were the Feb 1963 order....  despite the fact "38 - E" was never used for domestic orders...  We see "38 E" on all the 10 packing slips FEDSOTT gave the FBI, as expected...

On every other item of evidence they are referred to as T-38....    Add another nail to the coffin that is the belief Oswald had anything to do with these rifles....  or that they ever existed in the first place.

1573236684_kleins38-Eisforinternationalorder-T-38isfordomestic.jpg.673adfbb2010dcccee474658b353128a.jpg

Amazingly and with an uncorroborated chain of possession, these 10 packing slips and carton numbers somehow become Waldman Exhibit no. 3 which represents the February 1963 shipment to Klein’s.

Mr. BELIN. I'm going to hand you what has been marked as Waldman Deposition Exhibit No. 3 and ask you to state if you know what this is.
Mr. WALDMAN. Yes; these are memos prepared by Crescent Firearms showing serial numbers of rifles that were shipped to us and each one of these represents those rifles that were contained in a case.

Mr. BELIN. Now, you earlier mentioned that these were packed with the case
Mr. WALDMAN. Well, I would like to correct that. This particular company does not include these with the cases, but sends these memos separately with their invoice.

This could not be farther from the truth.  We refer again to Rupp’s FBI interview report where he states that he places the packing slips inside the carton and pastes one slip on the outside as well.  

1302357167_RuppexplainsthepackingslipprocesswhenshippingtoKleins.jpg.5cd1948dca405e7ecc3a6d8455f5dad2.jpg

7 hours ago, David Josephs said:

Here too is a nice close-up of the markings on CE139...

1002051486_CaliberItaly1941stampedonrifle.thumb.jpg.fcd98d27950f2bfb037e65ed9e909d87.jpg

Both this and your last post before it regarding the serial number, incredible detail.  Thanks once more David.

On 10/24/2018 at 6:40 PM, David Josephs said:

To trace the HIDELL Kleins order they needed to trace a specific rifle from receipt to inventory to order to packing to shipping....  but as of Nov 23rd, there was not yet proof C2766 was sold to Kleins and if you read my RIFLE essay you know that the 10 packing slips and the rest cannot possibly be related to these non-existent 100 40" FC rifles.

David:

You wrote an essay about the rifle. Would like to read it, can you tell me where I can find it?

1 hour ago, John Kowalski said:

David:

You wrote an essay about the rifle. Would like to read it, can you tell me where I can find it?

http://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/the-evidence-is-the-conspiracy-index

i have a few... thx for checking them out John...

dj