The Education Forum

Thanks, Kirk, great to hear that! You still have a few surprises in store in the final chapters. 

After completing the book, I received some new information on the background of James McCord, which he wrote himself in his later years and I found interesting. I posted it on the Dirty Tricks Facebook page yesterday:  

"I was one of only three men who worked directly in the two most secret Intelligence operations of WWII: In 1942 in the famed Enigma/Ultra Operation against the German Intelligence Service, and later in 1942 and 1943 in the equally famous Venona/Bride Operation against the Soviet Intelligence Services in New York City which was running the Atomic Espionage in the U.S. While in Europe with CIA I had headed up a team which brought out of Switzerland a KGB Agent, Lt. Colonel Yuri Nosenko, who had seen the KGB file of Lee Harvey Oswald. We successfully and safely got the defecting KGB Agent out of Switzerland and on to the United States where the Warren Commission investigating the assassination of President John F. Kennedy was very much interested in what was in the KGB file on Oswald."

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very pleased to share my first piece for The Washington Post, featuring a Watergate burglar sent on a double agent mission to Cuba by US intelligence five years after the break-in; and a deception operation by Antonio Veciana targeting Cuban intelligence during the HSCA investigation into the JFK assassination:

The Cuban spy and Watergate burglar who won a presidential pardon

The article draws on my new book Dirty Tricks: Nixon, Watergate and the CIA, out now: www.nixondirtytricks.com