The Education Forum

New interview w another Parkland doctor, Dr. Gustafson. Hoover revelation.

Cory Santos

Interesting Dr. Gustafson claims he spoke with Hoover that day. Why was Hoover so eager to talk to the doctors?  Recall Dr. Crenshaw said LBJ had called him at one point when LHO had been shot and people accused him of making it up. 

4 hours ago, Cory Santos said:

Interesting Dr. Gustafson claims he spoke with Hoover that day. Why was Hoover so eager to talk to the doctors?  Recall Dr. Crenshaw said LBJ had called him at one point when LHO had been shot and people accused him of making it up. 

Cory,

"The next thing we heard there had been a shooting at the jail," Gustafson said. "The next thing we know Lee Harvey Oswald is in the emergency room, along with a couple of policemen that had been shot."

What's that all about? I've never heard that before.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

Wasn't Dr. Crenshaw's claim and story of LBJ personally calling and talking to him while he was working on wounded Lee Harvey Oswald at Parkland backed up by one of the hospital telephone operators?

4 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Cory,

"The next thing we heard there had been a shooting at the jail," Gustafson said. "The next thing we know Lee Harvey Oswald is in the emergency room, along with a couple of policemen that had been shot."

What's that all about? I've never heard that before.

Steve Thomas

I agree. On first reading I recalled another deputy had been shot but then after pondering it, I asked Which officer had been shot ?  I think this needs more looking into. It’s not my area. Can anyone provide clarification?  Jim?

2 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Wasn't Dr. Crenshaw's claim and story of LBJ personally calling and talking to him while he was working on wounded Lee Harvey Oswald at Parkland backed up by one of the hospital telephone operators?

I believe records later confirmed it 

54 minutes ago, Cory Santos said:

I agree. On first reading I recalled another deputy had been shot but then after pondering it, I asked Which officer had been shot ?  I think this needs more looking into. It’s not my area. Can anyone provide clarification?  Jim?

Cory,

There was nothing in the Dallas Morning News for November 25th, unless it was buried somewhere after the first twelve pages. (that's all the farther I looked).

http://digitalcollections.baylor.edu/cdm/ref/collection/po-jfk-np/id/681

Steve Thomas

• 3 months later...

Either he made a mistake about the policemen or they were not related to the Oswald shooting.

That is interesting about the Hoover call.