The Education Forum

Shirt bunching experiment (SBT)

Jake Hammond

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

I'm not talking about the Connallys. But I'm sure Cliff or someone will correct me if my recollection of LBJ having the clothes cleaned is mistaken.

Ron, my understanding is it was Connally's jacket that went to the cleaners.

I can't provide a cite, however...

Cliff and Jake,

Okay thanks, I stand corrected. Anytime I depend on my memory nowadays I get taken to the cleaners.

JFK used fitted shirts, not a loose-fitting one like you have used. Moreover, his shirts had tails that he would have sat on. So it is highly unlikely the shirt moved any significant distance. Obviously, the suit coat could have moved more than the shirt but the evidence suggests that the  suit coat did not move much either given the measured location of the entry wounds on both fabrics

3 hours ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

JFK used fitted shirts, not a loose-fitting one like you have used. Moreover, his shirts had tails that he would have sat on. So it is highly unlikely the shirt moved any significant distance. Obviously, the suit coat could have moved more than the shirt but the evidence suggests that the  suit coat did not move much either given the measured location of the entry wounds on both fabrics

PLease see the images of the actual shirts he wore, the black and white one I posted and the actual shirt post mortem. These are very loose shirts. The tails of a shirt rarely got sat on even in those days, and when they did , for them to pull the back tight they would have had to have been a very certain measurement, and not comfortable. I don't agree with what you have said here. 

Perhaps showing how Arlen tried to fit an angled peg into a round hole might help.

Thank you for commenting. However, the right image shows a shirt and jacket nice and tight, the difference between the two lines is exactly the difference I have illustrated in the experiment, with conservative lean angles. Have a look at the images i posted at the start again. 

Just as a second point and its a general one.... The important detail that a few people are missing here is that I'm not theorizing, this simple experiment merely confirms the evidence and explains it. 

Edited by Jake Hammond

Bart,

That is an interesting photo.  If my memory hasn't flaked out on me this is the first time I have seen a hole in the shirt just below the collar button.  It suggests a weird angle between the back shirt hole and the front shirt hole.  One that suggests an upward angle.   

Can you provide a reference for the photo.  It looks like a usable photo in this discussion.

Edited by John Butler

Here's someone else that is not quite in tune with where the wound in JFK's back is.  I am assuming the white and red arrow connects the wound in the back with the wound in the jacket.  Also, the wound site where I placed the no. 3 and the arrow is often argued as the back wound site.

jfk-backwound-comparison-jacket-wound.jp

There are a lot of places on JFK's back that look like gunshot wounds rather than blood scabs.  Which, this photo and others fits my "no creditability" theories.

Edited by John Butler

54 minutes ago, Jake Hammond said:

The important detail that a few people are missing here is that I'm not theorizing, this simple experiment merely confirms the evidence and explains it. 

At the very least you are theorizing that the shirt is bunched up at the top. I can't believe you deny this very obvious point.

49 minutes ago, John Butler said:

Bart,

That is an interesting photo.  If my memory hasn't flaked out on me this is the first time I have seen a hole in the shirt just below the collar button.  It suggests a weird angle between the back shirt hole and the front shirt hole.  One that suggests an upward angle.   

Can you provide a reference for the photo.  It looks like a usable photo in this discussion.

it is as the shirt is sitting roughly how the shirt  sits on a man, however I would say that the front of the collar is higher once worn. combine that with the bunching as I demonstrated and I think the two marry up nicely.